Airplanes

Canadians

After everyone stopped talking, Jeff and I broke our eye contact, and we decided it was time to go and eat; I climbed between my brother and Mike Richards in the SUV. I could see my face plain and clearly in the way of the rearview mirror, which meant that I could see every face that Jeff was making at me.

I smiled at him again. He winked and put his eyes back on the road. Some techno music was pumping through his speakers. I never liked the stuff; it made my heart race, thinking of the parties I had attended when I was young and stupid at LSU. Maybe this trip wouldn’t be so horrible after all.

We sat at some restaurant for dinner, waiting for some wives and girlfriends that were in town for the wedding and I met my brother’s fiancé Meghan, or Meg as she told me she liked to be called. She was a blonde bombshell who had a degree from Yale, loved kids and called Matt out on his shit. He had scored, and I’m not sure how. She was more perfect than anyone he could’ve ever gotten. She hadn’t been to a hockey game before him, and hadn’t been too worried with all the traveling. They had a routine. Matt was the last person I expected to become that one guy with a routine.

I went to the bathroom alone, and when I came out, there was Jeff, “Why didn’t you tell me that your brother was Matt Greene.”

“You never mentioned you won the Stanley Cup and played with my brother.” I came back to his comment. “I should’ve known though, the teeth retainer was a straight give away.” I smiled.

“I meant everything I said.” He said getting closer and closer to me. I thought he was going to kiss me until Mike and his girlfriend, whose name I couldn’t remember to save my life, interrupted us with news that our food was there. I walked back to the table, my wine glass was full and I began to eat the food that sat in front of me.

I could feel Jeff, who sat on my other side going into my purse. He grabbed my phone and played with it. “What are you doing?” I asked him quietly.

“Texting myself so I can make you leave the wedding with me.” He whispered back and laughed so no one could tell what he was saying. He saved his number and called the number. “Thanks for your number Em,” He took his first bite of food.

After the bill was paid, we got into his car again and drove to a bar near my brother’s house. It was empty, but we filled it up quickly. There was a lot of people in the bar. After three rounds of shots everyone was drunk enough that he and I could have a conversation.

“You know I can’t do what I wanted to do on that plane anymore.” I said simply to him. His face looked so confused.

“What?” He asked, taking a swig of beer and putting his hand where it had been our entire flight.

“You’re off limits.” I was drunk. “I always promised I wouldn’t fuck my brother’s teammates at North Dakota or in Canada.”

“He’s not in Canada anymore babe.” He got close to my face. “You know you want me Emily Greene, you have since we sat at that bar and you were tipsy.” I huffed.

I tried to make myself look offended. I couldn’t be offended he knew that what he was saying was the truth and nothing but the truth. I couldn’t make him believe I didn’t want him. I had blown that cover long ago. I rolled my eyes like I didn’t believe every lust covered word coming out of the hockey players mouth wasn’t driving me wild.

“I need a pop.” I said trying to stop the point of conversation to where his hand was going. It was halfway up my skirt. I didn’t stop it because I wanted it. His mouth met with mine as soon as the p in pop came out.

We made out as I pulled him into the bathroom that was nearby. It didn’t seem like the cleanest place in the world but did we really care? No. All I cared about was that I had Jeff Carter’s tongue down my throat and him between my legs. We weren’t having sex but we were damn close, in a bar bathroom.

“You’ve done this before.” I laughed. “We better go out there people my brother gets worried and breaks the door down.” He looked at me, and had puppy dog eyes. I didn’t want to stop but when you promise your big brother you won’t do anything that could cause an unwanted pregnancy. I hopped off the sink and kissed him again. I was being a tease, but a bathroom on an airplane when I didn’t know that he knew my brother and a bar bathroom when I know that he spends 8 months a year traveling with my brother is a whole new thing.

I walked out of the bathroom first and I ran into Meg. I sat down next to her. “How long have you had the hots for Cartsy?” She asked. That was the last thing I was expecting to come out of her mouth.

“I don’t” I lied.

“You can’t lie to me. Your brother and you make the same faces sweetie.” She smiled at me.

“He was on my flight. We just had a connection and as much as I want to get into his pants, I made a promise to Matt ages ago I wouldn’t be stupid with any of his teammates.

“As your future sister, I approve of Jeff, he’s grown up a lot and he’s a decent guy. If Matt flips I’ll calm him down, plus its one weekend.” She winked at me. “Don’t listen to Matt the voice of reason because we all know that he made plenty of stupid choices and it might be the alcohol, but please do him, for me. “ I snorted as vodka came halfway up my nose.

“What?” I yelled at the blonde.

“I’m marrying your brother and I love him, but if I wasn’t I would want a piece of him. Do it for the sisterhood.” She pushed me up and slapped my ass. “Get out of here, Em.” She motioned to where Jeff was sitting talking to Dustin and Nicole, his wife. I caught his attention and motioned to go outside.

I pulled him into the car. “What about them?”

“They can call a cab. Are you sober enough to drive home?”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone drive that fast home and get me into bed as fast as that Canadian did.
♠ ♠ ♠
holy crap. i seriously didn't think this many people would be interested. y'all rock!