The Angel's Game

Chapter 15

"I'm done with you." Mike pushed me away. Today was terrible. Absolutely the worst. I don't know how long It's been since I was in my dimension. I miss Vic. But I shouldn't. Even though Im aware just ignoring my feelings is wrong, I have to protect him.

I laid on the floor, panting and sweating, feeling like a used tissue. "So," I started cowardly. "Things between Vic and I are over." My voice faded off as I was waiting for some sort of punishment. Mike looked up from putting his pants back on and glared at me with wide eyes.

"What? Are you sure?" Mike walked closer. I couldn't help but inch back.

"Y-Yes." I wanted to cry, Partly because Mike is scary as shit, and I hated the fact I left Vic. He paused. Mike's face looked contempt.

"Oh, Darn. I was really having fun with you." Mike grinned as he pulled my head up by my hair, putting his face in my mine. I squeezed my eyes shut, afraid of what he'd do. I just wanna go home....

"Well, Okay. But," Mike let go. "If I find out this..'affair' is still going on, you're dead. Literally." His words broke my heart. Mike turned and grinned. That's it. Were done. Vic and I have to be done for good, I guess, even though he already thinks that. But even after all we've gone through together, how am I supposed to just forget my feelings for him? He has barged into my life, and now he's my whole world. My Savior. This is the biggest bullshit ever.

"You're excused for good." Mike grinned devilishly before I found myself in my room.

I took a swift look around. My room was dark with closed shades. Our clothes covered the floor and my bed was messy. I stepped out into the Hall. I looked down stairs to see Vic curled up in a blanket, face and all. I was gonna just let him sleep but then I saw him adjust his legs.

I went down the stairs and approached him lightly.

"Vic?" Just as I touched a soft hand on his shoulder, he jumped and yelped. He ripped the blanket off to see who had startled him. Oh. His hair was messy and tangled and his eyes were bright red. His dark face was wet and his hands were shaking a bit. Vic looked like a mess. Was it because of me? I wanted to just jump into his arms, but I played it cool.

"Hey." I said quietly. Hey? I'm retarded. I can't play cool. I'm not cool.

"Hey." he said, quickly drying his face on his shirt.

"Are you Okay?" I asked. I stopped asking questions there to avoid making him upset again. I sat on the couch next to his feet and brought my knees to my face, wrapping my arms around my legs. There was a paused. He just stared at the ground. Vic hasn't looked at me once since I got here.

"Yeah." he lied. I could tell. You can always hear the confidence in Vic's voice when he speaks. But this time, his words were fragile and suspicious. I've never heard this..

"Then Why are you crying?" I asked softly, trying not to sound pushy. I Hid my face in my knees again, kind of hiding myself. Vic brought his hands dramatically to his face and started sobbing. I just listened. I said nothing. As much as I wanna help and make it better, I also don't wanna accidentally piss him off in case he's upset about my outburst in class, or get in trouble with Mike.

"I don't know." he finally said after some big sobs. "I'm confused." Vic sniffed and looked back down at the ground, eyes wet again. My chest ached and the feeling was lingering in my stomach. It took everything I had to get out from my legs and scoot closer to him.

"About?" I whispered, scared of the answer. There another silence. Vic finally spoke.

"You. Mike. Us.." he paused again, sounding incomplete.

"Tony?" I asked, knowing I probably pushed a button. I waited to get scolded or hissed at, but instead, he sounded like he was on the verge of tears again.

"...Y-Yeah..." he admitted. "I'm sorry," he managed to spit out between sobs. I was honestly in shock. I was trying to get a raise out of him, but instead, I was right. And I've never wanted to be so wrong.

Vic curled up again and balled out loud. All I could do is watch. Half of me wanted to console him, half wanted to let him cry, let him suffer. How could he forget about me so easily? Did he always think of me as another..assignment? Just a sad case file that he figured he could have fun with? I can't believe I've let him just play with me. Well, I'm done. Truly done with loving him and wasting my feelings.

"You should be alone." I said lowly. I stood slowly as Vic peered from his wet hands, still a wreck.

"But K-Kellin," Vic started. "Please stay." he reached weakly for my hand but I yanked it away.

"You need to think. And so do I." I continued up to my room. Vic's desperate begging and pleads made each step up the stairs feel heavier and heavier with regret as I simply gave him no attention.

"Kellin, d-dont leave me.." he cried out as I reached the top of the stairs. I heard him get off the couch. I couldn't get myself to turn and face him, the man that absolutely tore my world.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to my bedroom door. "I can't help you." I walked in my room and shut the door behind me.