Demolition Lovers

Demolition Lovers

Narrator's POV

The doors to the old warehouse in Belleville ,New Jersey slammed against the wall angrily. The men in blue uniform held their guns at ready as they searched for a young Michael Way. Adam,the attacker, heard as the officer's footsteps came closer. Out at the police car was none other than Ms. Cherry Woods, sobbing at the thought of losing her boyfriend. A female officer hugged her and covered her ears as shots ran through the old building. Cherry cried harder and held a death grip on the woman's blouse. An older man ran from the building. He signaled for more men and they ran to the call of need. There were painful screams and more shots fired as Cherry hoped and prayed that Michael would run from the dangerous building.

Another man ran from the building clutching his chest. His shirt was soaked in blood. Cherry was sure it was his and she turned away at the sight of the dieing man. She became more stressed as she watched two men rolling from the building, one relentlessly trying to stab the other with a knife. She watched as the two men rolled over and finally everything stopped as the blonde stabbed the man in uniform.

"Cherry!" She heard and she raised her head from the woman's chest. "Cherry!" It was Mikey, she was sure of it. She picked up her tired body and ran towards the building that held her lover.

"Mikey!" She called, trying to find him in the sea of dead bodies. How many people helped Adam she thought bitterly as she stepped over yet another man with a bullet wound to the head. "Mikey, where are you?"

"Mikey where are you?" someone mimicked from the darkness. She spun on her heel.

"Honestly Cherry, he's not going to save you. To him you were just a fuck, a screw, a good lay. Come here. " He held out his arms and beckoned her with his hands. She shook her head and backed away only to be met with a wall.

He stepped forward and pulled out a pocket knife. Holding it to her throat, he grabbed her arm and twisted her arm around her back. He pushed her forward.

"You want to see? Okay let's go see him." He pushed her roughly into another dark room. In the middle sat a young boy with his hands tied behind his back, his head down ,and blood sliding down his temple.

"Oh Mikey, you have a visitor." The image of her beloved in obvious pain wounded her and she felt as though it was her instead of him. He looked up wearily and the shock filled his eyes at the sight of his girlfriend with a knife to her throat and her arms behind her head.

"Adam ,why are you doing this?" Cherry asked as he threw her in the seat beside Michael and proceeded to tie her arms behind her back.

"Because if I can't have you know one can. I should have been your first. Not one of my friends." Cherry took notice at Mikey as his fists clenched.

"Well what are you gonna do to us?"

"I'm not going to do anything. Charlie is." He smirked as he exited and a bulky man walked in. Charlie walked over to Mikey and jerked his chin up. He smiled as Mikey glared. The smile vanished as Mikey spat at him. Cherry watched in horror as her boyfriend was stabbed in the arm. He hissed in pain and jerked both arms forward and managed to escape the rope that held him back. He lunged at the man and knocked him to the floor. He wrapped his long slender fingers around Charlie's neck and banged his head into the cement floor. Charlie laid unconscious as Mikey pulled the knife from his grip. He plunged the blade into his chest and Cherry watched as the man's face take on a pale color. Mikey stood and walked over to Cherry. He released her from the restraints and pulled her into his warm embrace. She wrapped her arms around his waist and let go just as quickly. She reached over to Charlie and pulled the gun from his pocket. Releasing the safety, she and Mikey exited the room in search of Adam. Mikey gripped her hand and placed his other over her mouth as her heard voices, one he recognized as Adam's. He pulled her into the shadows and she placed the gun ahead ready for fire as soon as he stepped into view. Adam walked around the corner by himself oblivious to his doom that lurked in the shadows. He walked into the trap and fell to the floor as a bullet planted itself into his chest. He was no more. Cherry and Mikey came from the shadows and stood over the kidnapper's body. When he made no movements, Mikey stepped over him and pulled Cherry with him. She held onto his arm as the escaped the warehouse. The foggy New Jersey air met their lungs and the clung to each other as if it was there last moving.

"Mikey ,I can't believe this is happening." She sobbed as he pulled her even closer.

"Atleast we're okay."

"You know what?"

"That song Gerard has been writing forever?"

"Demolition Lovers?"

"Yeah, Mikey we are the Demolition Lovers." He smiled and held out his pinky.

"Forever and always?"

"Forever and always." She linked her pinky with his and they shared a kiss.

FIN