Demolition Lovers

Chapter 7

My house was empty. I was expecting it to be. My mother was a prostitute and my dad was a drug dealer. They divorced before we moved here. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out a can of Dr.Pepper. I walked to the living room and sat on the couch. With the click of a button, I turned on the television. I turned the channel onto a movie about a pregnant sixteen year-old girl I watched for a good 2 hours, before my eyes started to droop. I dragged my body up the stairs and walked to the bathroom. I removed my eye make-up and walked into my white bed room.

My bed room was small. There was a small closet on the right wall and a door connected to my own bathroom on the left wall. A vanity was placed by the closet and a mirror rested on the wall above it. My bed was beside the only widow and was covered by a black comforter.

I walked to the closet and pulled out a navy blue t-shirt. I changed and walked to my bed.
I ran a hand through my long black hair and laid back on the comfortable bed.

I sang softly to some lyrics that I had heard at the band's practice.

But you don't work here anymore
Its just a vacant 3 by 4
And they might fill your place
A temporary stand-in for your face
It happens all the time
And I can't help but think I'll die alone

I couldn't help of Mikey as I hummed the beautiful lyrics. The way he bopped his head just slightly to the beat of the song. The way he hardly ever looked up but concentrated only on the music. I came to a conclusion.

He's perfect