Status: I promise to try and update soon

Tempting

Prologue

Image


A red light could be seen in the little black device that Katherine had placed in front of her bed, the brunette now sitting down on top of her purple sheets, right in front of it.

Taking a deep breath, she ran one hand through her now messy curls before clearing her throat, ready to start.

“Certainly…” There was a two second pause as she tried to figure out what exactly to say to her. “Certainly your parents, specially your mother, have told you the same thing mine did.”

She paused yet again, feeling stupid, as she was just talking to a video camera, alone in her bedroom and own apartment. However, there was a reason she was doing all of this, and that was what she tried to keep in mind as she tried to gain the courage to speak.

“Stay away from men that look like trouble. Nothing could can ever come to you from associating with such people, and all those other motherly advice that you promise to always follow.” Her voice sounded distant, Katherine now finding herself lost in thought, memories flashing back.

It seemed like it had happened such a long time ago, yet it had only been two years since it all started.

“Sometimes, you get so caught up in your own thoughts and emotions, that you allow your heart to guide your actions.” She continued, shifting in her seat as her hands fiddled with her shirt. “After all, they do say, that the heart wants what the heart wants.”

Starting to feel a bit more comfortable in front of the video camera than a few minutes before, her green eyes met the lens of it, as she was certain of the words coming out of her mouth. The brunette was yet to figure out if her decisions had been mistakes or simply life.

“There was nothing I could do. People show up all of a sudden and with just one look they can catch your breath. It’s a cliché, yet, some people are mesmerizing and you find yourself trapped in an endless loop, that no matter how hard you try, you can’t escape.” She let out a humourless laugh, shaking her head as she remembered her mother’s words, her own tears and the eyes of the man she called the love of her life.

“Maybe it was a mistake, or maybe society just overreacts. However, it wasn’t exactly something I could control.” Katherine’s voice became lower, almost nothing but a whisper. “And he… He was just so….” Another pause came to her, a few seconds before she spoke, her eyes focused on the lens, not even blinking. “Tempting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First Black Veil Brides story!
Give me some feedback so I can know if you want me to keep it up.
Thanks for reading!
xx