Remembering Sunday

Lazy Sunday

Sometime around two in the afternoon, I unearthed myself once again, thanking God it was already Friday. My eyes were having an extreme amount of difficulty staying fully open; I couldn’t stop blinking. Walking over next to my hamper, I picked some sweatpants off the floor and put them on so Ant wouldn’t freak out when he got home. I made my way downstairs, mentally preparing myself for the long day ahead of me.

Mom was going to make me drive Ant and chaperone Ant and make sure Ant doesn’t get raped, and essentially, give up my whole life for Ant. I was sure that this concert couldn’t be all bad; I mean, I’d heard their music (constantly) coming from Ant’s room. I’d have to say that my favorite songs were "Holly (Would You Turn Me On?)" and "Remembering Sunday", but that’s only because I’m vain enough to like the songs with my names in the title.

Yes, my name is Sunday, before you get any more confused. The hall monitor called me Holly because that’s my middle name, and I only allow people who know me really well to use my first name.

"I'm home, Sun!" I heard Ant yell from the basement. I rubbed my eyes and tried to look at least a little peppier, for his sake.

"Hey, do you want me to make you some Ramen noodle tofu before we go?"

He looked at me, confused, as he found the top of the stairs. "Go...where?"

"To the concert, obviously. You know, the one you've been raving about all week? You know for a fact that mom will not bring you; ergo, I will be the one hauling your ass here, there, and everywhere. Besides, you'll have more fun with me anyway. You might even get to stay past twelve," I mused.

Once again donning that incredulous look I had become accustomed to seeing, he surprised me by smiling and wrapping his arms tightly around me. "You are the absolute best sister ever!" He ran upstairs, and from there, shouted, "And can you make me some Oriental Ramen?"