Help Me Believe It's Not The Real Me

The Begining

A walked nervously into my bosses office.

“Please take a seat,” he said motioning towards the empty chair in front of his desk.

“Ok,” I said nervously. “What’s……..what’s up,” I mumbled.

I had been waiting my whole life for a job like this and I was scared I was going to be getting fired on my first day.

“Well I read you first article,” he said. I had wanted to be a writer since I was like eight and I had finally gotten a job at a real magazine.

“And?” I asked preparing myself for the worst.

“And I loved it,” he answered. I took a deep breath trying to get my heart to stop beating so fast.

“Really?” I asked not believing it. After the life I had lived good things didn’t come that often, I was hesitant to believe something naturally good had happened in my life.

“Yes of course we would love to have you on our magazine full time,’ he said warmly. I jumped up to excited. He laughed as I slowly sat myself back down, with my cheeks red from embarrassment.

“Well I am glad you are happy about it,” he said.

“I am thank you so much, you don’t know how thankful I am,” I replied.

“Well Hannah will show you to your office,” he said motioning towards his secretary.

“Office?” I questioned.

“Of course all our writers get their own office,” I smiled wider than I thought possible.

“Thank you again,” I said as I stood up.

“Just do a good job,” he said. I nodded and walked out of his office. I followed Hannah until I found a door with a name plate on it that read ‘Charlee’.

“Hey that’s my name,” I said surprised.

“Yeah that’s why they call it your office,” Hannah said looking at me like I was an idiot.

I rolled my eyes as she walked away. I opened the door…………..

“You fainted?” my sister asked shocked as we sat in my one bedroom apartment on the seventh floor.

“I was just surprised at how nice it was,” I answered modestly.

“But still don’t you think that’s a little dramatic?” she asked as we sat on the couch.

“Well I guess I’m a dramatic person,” I answered. She looked at me like I was crazy. “Stop making fun of me this is the best day of my life and you are totally ruining it,” I complained.

“Your right I’m sorry, let’s go out and celebrate your big day,” she said jumping up onto the couch so she was standing on it.

“Now your talking.”

“This club is so nice,” I gushed looking around.

“I know that’s why I choose it,” she said giving me the ‘duh’ look.

“So which out of all these guys do you want, I’m kinda feeling like that one,” she said pointing to a blonde guy sitting at the bar.

“Is that all you care about?” I asked over the loud music.

“Yeah,” she answered walking towards the guy at the bar. I looked around feeling out of place here. I didn’t really know where to go. I started walking until I felt somebody bump into me.

That’s where it all began.

I opened my eyes feeling an intense hangover come over me. I groaned opening my eyes. I looked around nervously realizing I wasn’t in my room. I sat up slowly looking over at a sleeping figure next to me. He had black hair covering his face.

I got up quickly walking around the room to find my clothes. I got dressed quickly just wanting to leave this house as quickly as possible. I looked around the room. I had to admit it was a pretty cool room.

“Morning,” I heard somebody say from behind me. I turned around to see the man sitting up. I recognized him instantly.

“Yeah uh huh,” I said.

“Well aren’t you lucky, last night was sure great for you,” he said pompously. I glared at him. He was hot, but I had a feeling he wasn’t as hot as he thought he was.

“You know I don’t really remember that much about it,” I answered. He looks shocked for a moment.

“Really I don’t think a girl has ever told me that before,” he said.

“Well there is a first time for everything,” I retaliated.

“And I have been with a lot of girls.”

“I’m sure,” I answered. He stood up slowly, and I looked away as he put his boxers on.

“you know if you don’t remember, we might just have to do it again,” he said taking a step towards me. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yeah I have to go,” I said.

“Oh come on you were begging me last night,” he said. I sighed realizing he was really pissing me off.

“Well I try not to make the same mistake twice,” I answered.

“Fine just go, I can find someone better anyway,” He said pushing towards the door.

“Yeah well it was interesting meeting you,” I said putting my hand out to shake his but he just glared at me. “Fine be an jerk,” I answered turning around for the stairs. Only to have him pull me back.

“You know you really wanted me last night,” he said.

“I was drunk and trust me I don’t want you now,” I answered pulling my hand away.

“Everybody wants me,” he said proudly.

“Yeah think whatever the hell you want,” I mumbled walking out of his room away from him.

“Don’t you need a ride home/’ he called. I stopped in my tracks.

“Fuck,” I muttered. I turned around to see him smiling evilly. I glared at him.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

I sat in his expensive car as I gave him directions to my apartment building. He started driving, and I was hoping it would be a silent ride, but of course not.

“I’m Syn, by the way,” he said looking over at me. I nodded.

“I know.”

“Well of course you do everybody does,’ he answered.

“You sure think highly of yourself,” I noted.

“Well it comes with the hotness and the talent,“ he answered.

“You can call me Brian,” he said after a few moments of wonderful silence.

“You know I think I’m ok with Syn,” I said slowly. It’s not like I would ever see him again anyway.

“Really, is it because I’m your dirty little sin?” he asked.

“No,” I mumbled.

“Because you enjoyed screaming it last night?” He asked.

“No it’s because I’m never going to see you again, so it doesn’t really matter,’ I answered annoyed.

“Well are you going to tell me your name?” he asked. I shook my head.

I watched as my turn off came and I was thankful to be going home, but instead of turning he went straight.

“What are you doing that was my turn off” I yelled.

“I know,” he answered smartly. I glared at him.

“Then why didn’t you turn, that’s what your supposed to do, that’s why they call it a turn off,” I yelled angrily.

“You know fighting with you is fun,” he smiled at me.

‘This is not fun, can you please take me home and find some other girl to torture,” I grumbled.

“You know no other girl has ever minded before,”{ he said.

‘Well I guess I’m just one of a kind.”

“Ok look I promise I will take you home if you tell me your name,” he said. I sighed.

“Charlee,” I whispered, but he heard me.

“Charlee,’ he said.

“Yes, now I answered so take me home,” I mumbled.

“What you don’t have a last name?” he asked. I sighed loudly.

“Charlee Sannon,’ I answered.

“It’s pretty,” he said looking at me. I looked at him surprised, since it was the first compliment he had ever given me.

“Uh thanks,” I answered. I sat waiting for him to turn around, but he didn’t.

“Where are we going?” I asked impatiently.

“Out to breakfast,” he said.

“You said you would take me home after I told you my name,” I reminded Syn.

“I know, but I didn’t say when I would take you home, and besides I’m hungry,” He said smiled.

“You realize the second you start this car I’m getting out and running away right?” I asked as I slouched down in the seat crossing my arms. He nodded.

“Yeah, but I can always find you again,” he said.

“How?” I asked sitting up again.

“You told me where you live.”

“Fuck I forgot,’ I muttered.

“It’s a brilliant scheme really,” he said pulling into a parking lot.

“How many girls have you done this too?” I asked, he shrugged.

“Not many, it’s hard for me to find girls I want to see a second time,” he winked at me getting out of the car. I sat their pondering whether or not that was a compliment.

He opened the door for me and I just sat their crossing my arms.

“Are you coming?” he asked. I looked at him.

“I’m not hungry,” I muttered.

“Your stubborn you know that?” he asked. I nodded.

“Ok look if you come have lunch with me I promise I wont come by your house later,” he said. I rolled my eyes.

‘I’ve learned your promises don’t mean anything,” I answered.

“Oh come on please,” he said giving me the puppy dog eyes. I looked at him realizing how cute he really was.

“Fine,” I mumbled stepping out of his car. I looked up at him nervously. I began to realize how hard it is to say no to him.

“This should be interesting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another New Stroy. I just keep getting more ideas for stories. Anyway I hope you like this story so far. Comment if you do please.

Thank you for reading Oh and if you do like this story please read my other ones too.