Help Me Believe It's Not The Real Me

The flowers

‘So tell me about yourself?” Syn said as soon as we has sat down at the table, to this little restaurant by the beach.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked, as I picked up a menu.

“I don’t know why not?” he answered.

“I’m not that interesting, and besides wouldn’t you rather talk about yourself?” I questioned. He laughed.

“Your right I would rather talk about me than listen to your boring life,” he said. I rolled my eyes, as he started going into his life story.

I tried to act like I didn’t care, but it was fun listening to how he first got into guitar, and how he met his band mates. Once he finished we ordered, and I had learned a lot about him. Besides from him being a jerk he had a pretty cool life.

“Alright you go,” he said after a few moments of silence.

“I thought you said my life was boring,” I mumbled taking a sip of water.

“Alright fine, just tell me one thing,” he said.

“Ok,” I thought for a moment. “My favorite color is green.”

“That’s it, that’s all your going to tell me, that’s useless.”

“Hey it is not your favorite color says a lot about you,” I answered.

“What behind your back.” I glared at him.

“That’s not funny,” I whined.

“Oh come on what could your favorite color possible say about you?”

“Well I love green, like trees I love nature,” I explained.

“You know I love green too, because when the light is green you don’t have to stop for other traffic you can just speed right through.”

“Ok fine make fun of me, but I bet I can guess your favorite color.”

“ha yeah right,” Syn mumbled.

“Red,” I guessed. He laughed.

“Why would you guess that?” he asked.

“Because it’s the color of the devil,” I answered. He smiled evilly at me.

“It’s also the color of passion,” he added. I shrugged.

“It’s also the color of blood.” I muttered.

“Well I love black,” he said.

“Well it suits you,” I said as our food came.

“I’m a writer,” I answered after he asked.

“I bet you suck,” he mumbled taking a bite out of his hamburger.

“Do you enjoy insulting people?” I asked.

“Yes,” he answered quickly.

“Yeah well you suck at…………………..” I tried to think of anything he could possibly suck at, but nothing came to mind.

“Nothing because I’m perfect,” he said proudly. I rolled me eyes.

“Being humble.”

“Well I guess this is goodbye,” he said after he had pulled up to my apartment building.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“You know you don’t have to look so happy about it,” he muttered. I laughed.

“Thanks for lunch,’ I said as I opened the door to his car.

“Wait I thought you paid,” he said surprised.

“Hey you invite me to lunch and then expect me to pay,” I asked looking at him surprised.

“Yeah I’m just one of a kind,” he said.

“Well I guess we are not going back there anytime soon,” I said. He smiled at me. “I didn’t mean it like that,” I mumbled understanding why he was smiling. “We are not going anyway soon, I meant you or me are not going back their anytime soon.”

“Sure,” he said in a fake tone that told me he didn’t believe me. I jumped out of his car and began to walk but moaned as I heard the car door open. I turned around to see him smiling at me.

“What?” I asked annoyed.

“Why don’t you just admit that you like me?” he asked. I sighed.

“Because I don’t.”

“Why cant you admit that you want to see me again?”

“Because I don’t.”

“Why cant you admit that you think I’m hot?”

“Because I don’t, I don’t feel anything about you except that you are a pompous jerk who only cares about himself,” I yelled frustrated.

‘It’s true,” he said.

“I know so lets just forget this ever happened,” I suggested.

“Well it will be easy for me, but hard for you since to forget someone like me.”

“Well I’ll work really hard on it,” I answered turning around and walking into my apartment building. I turned around to see him smiling. I quickly turned away wanting that to be the last time I ever saw him.

**Two weeks later**

I groaned falling onto my couch. The door opened behind me and in came my sister with a bowl of soup in her hands.

“Hey,” she said warmly. “Feeling better?”

“No, I have been throwing up all morning,” I explained. She nodded placing the soup in front of me, just as there was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it,” she offered. I nodded taking a sip of soup.

“Oh my god,” she said after a moment. I looked back to see her carrying a basket of green flowers. “I wonder who they are from.”

“I have an idea,” I muttered after a moment. I picked up the little card.

“What does it say?” she asked. I looked up at her.

“It says ‘because green is my favorite color too’” I read.

“What kind of card is that it doesn’t even have a name,” she mumbled. I laughed throwing the card away. “Well what should we do with them?” she asked.

“Throw them out,” I muttered. She glared at me.

“I’ll put them in the kitchen she said walking off towards that direction. I sighed, feeling this weird feeling in my stomach again.

“So who’s the guy?” Hannah asked after she returned from the kitchen

“No one important,” I said deciding to leave out the famous part.

“So are you ever going to see him again?”

“Well,” I mumbled after a few moments of silence. “I think I’m going to have to.”

“Why?”

“Because…………….because.,’ I sighed as tears came to my eyes. “Because I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, sorry it's kind of slow at first, but anyway thanks for reading.