‹ Prequel: Wayde Woods Massacre
Status: Far from finished. If you haven't read the first Wayde Woods Massacre, I suggest you do so before reading this one.

The Return To Wayde Woods

CHAPTER 3

"Hey kids, come here by the pond," Bob Cullor called his grandkids to him.

It was a tradition that every summer Bob's grandkids would come stay with him for a couple weeks. It gave the children's parents some time off, and Bob loved spending time with the kids. He especially enjoyed the weekend they always spent camping.

Usually they camped out in one of the fields Bob owned. However the kids had asked this year for the real thing. Bob, aiming to please, brought them to Wayde Woods. He had camped here as a kid with his father. It was nice to be back.

The grandkids ran to him. Tina was the oldest at ten, black curls danced on her head as she ran. Timothy was two years younger and did his best to race his sister to their grandpa.

"What is it Papa?" Tina asked once she was at his side.

"I thought you guys might enjoy some fishing," Bob smiled down at them. "I got you both brand new fishing poles."

He handed one to Tina. It was a Barbie pole, bright pink and sparkly. The one he handed to Timothy was a shiny green. Both were met with beaming smiles and expresions of gratitude at their suprise gifts.

"Tell you what," Bob said as he reached into his pocket. He fished out a silver dollar and held it up to show them, "the one who can catch the first fish gets this shiny silver dollar!"

"What if you catch the first fish Papa?" Tina asked him.

"I hope I do. This is the only silver dollar I have!" Bob laughed.

* * *

Slowly Megan came out of a deep unconsciousness. The back of her head was aching teribly. As her eyes focused, she found herself looking out a window. It was peaceful outside as the sun shined through and warmed her face. It mixed very well with the comfort of the recliner she was sitting on. Still in a daze, she watched the branches of trees outside blowing steadily in the wind.

Megan looked away from the window. Looking around the cabin.

Megan immediatly sat straight up. The pain had vanished, fear replacing it. She was back in the cabin, the cabin in Wayde Woods.

The door swung open, and a man walked through. It was Dusty Conner.

"Good morning," Dusty greeted her.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Megan screamed as loudly as she could.

"I understand your suprise, but you're going to have to be quiet," Dusty told her.

"Why did you bring me here!" Megan hissed.

"I need help. I need to kill that motherfucker, and I need to find Suzette. You have the exerience in these woods, and the experience with The Hunter," Dusty told her.

"You know what happened to me in these woods?" Megan asked angrilly. "I had to watch some fucking psychopath slaughter my closest friends! One of my friends was chopped in half and thrown through that fucking window!" Megan pointed toward the window which was still broken. "My best friend was hacked to death trying to get a gun to save my life! And ever since I have had to live with the fact that I left your daughter down in that basement, and we've never seen her again. IT IS DESTROYING ME!" In tears now, she screamed the last part.

Dusty moved over toward her. He got on his knees beside the chair and grabbed her hand.
"Don't you see the oppurtunity you have here?" he asked. "The chance to make things right. Total redemption. Help me find my daughter. And help me kill that monster before he kills again!"
Megan cried silently, not looking at him.

Dusty sighed, "Look, I never intended to kidnap you. But I knew you wouldn't come on your own. I don't really blame you, but I had to do what was best for my daughter. I hope you understand that. But...I'll do this alone if I have to."

Dusty reached into his pocket and pulled out the keys to Megan's car. He set them on the arm of the chair and stood up.

"I'll be outside. Take all the time you need to think it over," Dusty said before walking outside.
Megan wiped a tear from her eye and picked up that keys. She just couldn't stay here. Not here. Anywhere but here.

Megan pushed herself out of the recliner and walked toward the door. She got chills when she passed by the blood stains that Michael had left behind. Walking out the door, she could see Dusty standing a few yards away. He turned to watch her.

Paying no gestures toward him, she walked straight for her car. Getting in, she adjusted the seat and put the key in the ignition. With a turn, the vehicle started. She looked up and her eyes caught Dusty.

She was angry, but she could understand why Dusty had done this. He had himself convinced that his daughter and her captor were still alive. She secretly envied his willingness to fight to protect the one he loved. She hoped her father would have done the same if it was her in Suzette's place.

She leaned against the seat and put her head back. The aching had returned. This was her golden chance to get out of these woods. She was in a car with the key in the ignition. A few painless actions and she would be on the road out of her nightmare. Away from the man who kidnapped her, away from danger, away from terrible memories.

She turned off the engine.

Megan exited the car and walked straight for Dusty, who was watching the entire time. She stopped a few feet from him.

"I should leave, but I won't. Suzette was my friend, I owe it to her to try to find her. I hope she is alive. But if The..." she paused, saying the name always sent chills through her body, "...Hunter is still alive, we all are as good as dead."

* * *

RING! RING!

The irritating ringing of the telephone brought Hank Wilson from his deep sleep. He coughed and mumbled, reaching for the phone on the nightstand by his bed. Though almost knocking it off, he was able to find the phone and bring it to his ear.

"Yeah?" He mumbled into the phone.

"Mr. Wilson, this is Ben," Ben's voice greeted him.

"Oh, hello Ben," Hank said, sitting up a little. "How's Harvard?"

"It's good," Ben replied, "a hell of a lot of work."

"Yeah, I would imagine so."

"Hey, is Megan there?" Ben asked, "I hate to call so early, but my schedule is so busy today."

"Sure kid," Hank replied, "let me go get her. Hold on."

Hank pushed himself out of bed and shuffled down the hallway to Megan's room. Arriving, he knocked on the door.

"Megan, Ben's on the phone."

There was no reply, verbal or otherwise. He could hear no noise coming from inside the bedroom, so he knocked again.

"Megan," he called more loudly, "It's Ben, he's on the phone."

Again, he was met with silence.

"Megan, I'm coming in." He warned her.

Opening the door, he looked around the room. Megan was nowhere to be seen. Her bed was made and everything looked normal. Except there was supposed to be a girl in here. Unsure why she was gone so early, Hank went back to the bedroom and put the phone to his ear.

"Hey, sorry Ben. She's not here apparently. Guess she left early."

"Oh," Ben replied, "well I can try to call back later if I get some time."

"Want me to take a message?" Hank asked.

"Just tell her I miss her," Ben replied.

"Will do."

Hanging up the phone, Hank walked to the living room window and peered out. Megan's car was gone, maybe she had to get to work early.

* * *

Ripples caried through the water as the deer's lips eagerly drank from the water. The morning was cool and calm. It stopped for a moment to watch a squirrel in a nearby tree. Then proceeded to drink some more. Finally having enough, the deer left the water and calmly wondered through the woods.

After a few minutes of walking, the deer decided to lay down. It just stayed there, looking around at the lovely woods surrounding it. Not a care in the world.

The deer had no idea what was going on when a large hand shot down and grabbed the back of its neck. It hadn't even heard someone coming. The deer was very frightened, but could do nothing as it was being lifted off the ground. Its legs frantically kicked the air as it tried unsuccessfully to escape the grip. Another hand came up and grabbed the deer's side. With great force the deer was thrown, its head slamming into a large tree.

A lifeless deer body fell to the ground. The mouth was open and the blood from the head wound poured into it, as well as onto the ground. The Hunter walked over and picked up the deer, tossing it over his shoulders and dissappearing into the woods.