‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Resolute

She kept tossing and turning, the words, the voices, the faces all overusing the hard disk in her head and she wanted to format it all so she could have a moment of peace but she knew how it felt to be without memories, to live with that vast emptiness of not knowing and she quickly took her words back. She sighed and turned to the other side, putting her hand beneath her head as she folded her legs, bringing her knees to her stomach and closed her eyes again in a failed attempt to sleep.

She could still hear the same chirping insects outside and maybe that's what kept her from sleeping, she thought as she pulled the pillow from under head and put it on her face covering her ear. She sighed with pure frustration as she sat up and crossed her legs, glancing around the room. She hated it. Hated Damon, hated Cam, hated Katherine and Maya, her life, her duty, simply everything. Everybody lied, some to hurt her, some to protect her, some to gain benefits but in short, they were all liars and she hated liars.

The world really needed a lot of peace angels though, given how crappy it was turning. No wonder these lying, back stabbing people were killing the Earth, no wonder they needed protection.

Mia got up from her bed and went to see outside of her window as she crossed her arms. It was still shocking that Damon broke up with her because Cam asked him to and he listened. Since when did Damon listen to anybody? Something was very wrong there and why would Cam ask that? Did he really had some kind of feelings for her? Because that would suck. And where was Samantha all of a sudden? Where did she disappear to? Did Elena and Stefan knew? Was there something else going on that she didn't know about? Was Maya really her sister? Why would Katherine actually need her? If it was to kill Klaus, could she do it? How was she going to kill the evil? Where was Victor anyway? Where could Katherine hide the cure? Was Elijah loyal to her? What if they were all lying to her? Was she really alone here? Did her parents miss her? Did they know what she was going through? Did she really had to be an angel? Couldn't she reverse everything?

Mia sighed and then groaned as she threw her hands in exasperation. Her life was a big question mark...on an examination paper where nobody knew the right answer and the examiner explained the question wrong and all her fellows lied when they told her the answer and she was going to fail and that would be bad. Very bad.

Mia was pacing around her room when she suddenly gathered her clothes and changed into somewhat appropriate clothes to hang out. She needed the answers and she was going to get them and if Damon lied this time, God help her, she'll kill him. Mia took a deep breath as the first sunray broke through the clouds reaching the earth and a light soft illumination surrounded the atmosphere. A new morning, a new beginning, she thought as she went downstairs and started to walk but her eyes fell on a car and Mia shook her head as she went for it.

Mia drove through the town quietly but the thoughts in her mind were loud enough to not let her sleep behind the wheel. Smiling, Mia got off the car as she reached the Salvatore boarding house and her nerves picked up the pace to send all the wrong signals to her body. Breathing in through her nose, Mia knocked at the door and then knocked again and again until she was banging at the door repeatedly.

"Calm down," Elena opened the door, her eyes bloodshot red as she rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hand and looked at Mia with dark circles under her eyes, "You ok?" she asked concerned as she looked at the sky, "It's so early in the morning," she yawned.

"I know," Mia said and the shook her head, "I'm sorry," she apologized.

Elena nodded and looked at her, "What do you need?" she asked and Mia thought about it. She wanted to see Damon. No, she wanted to interrogate him. Yeah, she could care less about her heart at the moment. "I need to interrogate Damon," she blurted out and Elena raised her perfectly arched brow.

"You what?" she chuckled, thinking she might have heard her wrong.

Mia sighed, "I need to see Damon," she said and then paused. He didn't had a good history and with her luck he might not be at home right now. Elena looked inside, "I don't think he came home last night," she said and went inside ushering Mia inside, "But I'll go check his room," she said and turned to look at Mia, "Or you could go," she offered and Mia immediately shook her head.

"No, thanks. You do that," she casually shrugged.

Elena chuckled again knowing well enough her reason, "Alright," she sighed as she went upstairs. Stefan emerged from the room, "What's all this hustling?" he asked and Mia waved at him. "Hey, Stef," she greeted him and he looked at her.

"Mia? What are you doing here?" he asked. Mia opened her mouth to say something when Elena came from behind, "Nah, he's not here," she said with a frown and looked at Mia who bit her lower lip and nodded.

"Ookay," she mumbled, her eyes tearing up. She knew he was the only one who could give her the answers and like always he had abandoned her. She didn't knew what to make of it. Now, she really hated everything and he was at the top of list. Damn him.

"Hey," Elena came downstairs, "You ok?" she asked and Mia nodded and sniffed.

"Yeah, I'm good," she said and drew in a shaky breath, "I wasn't supposed to be here," she said and Elena came to hug her.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"I feel like he's hiding something," She admitted and Elena shared a concerned look with Stefan who shook his head asking her not to tell her anything, "And now he ran off. What am I to do, Elena? I need to know," she said and Elena nodded.

"I know. I know, Mia that it's hard but..."

Mia pulled away from and started towards the door. "Hey. Hey, where are you going?" she asked and Mia turned around hastily. "I'm going to New Orleans. Maya's there. I need to ask her," she stated in a determined voice and Elena shook her head.

"Umm...no. You're not. You were sent here to be kept safe, Mia. New Orleans' not safe," she rationalized.

"If the people I trust and care about can't afford to tell me the truth, I'll go somewhere else," Mia stated, "I can't sleep at night, Elena. I keep hearing voices and when I do sleep, I see dreams which make no sense and when I wake, I see things that aren't there. That is not normal. I know my existence is not normal either but," she sighed and closed her eyes, "I-I need to know these things. Maya said she hated me for what I've done to her but I know of not a single thing that I've done while I can't count on my fingertips the wrongs she's done by me...to me," Mia locked her eyes with hers, "I. Need. To. Know."

Elena took a deep breath as she looked from Stefan to her and gave a firm nod. "Ok. I get it," she said with a smile, "I get where you're coming from. These Salvatore brothers are hard to follow," she smiled at Mia and her eyes to flicker towards Stefan who stood there with a big smile on his face, "I'll help you," she said, "I'll go with you," she said and Stefan's face turned serious.

"You what?" he asked confused.

"You don't have to," Mia said at the same time as Stefan and shook her head, "I need to do it alone."

"Hey, I'm your friend and you need a friend right now," Elena said and looked at Stefan, "I'll be fine," she said to him. Stefan saw her eyes and knew she was serious about this.

"Are you sure?" he asked her politely and she gave him a nod. Stefan moved forward as he came to Mia and kissed her forehead and then kissed Elena. "Be safe, you both," he said, "You're important," he added and both Elena and Mia smiled at him and nodded.

"I'll keep her safe," Mia smiled as she went out the door.

"I said both," Stefan replied as Mia turned to face him, "Both of you are important," he repeated and Mia gave him a grateful nod as she left the mansion, Elena at her heels.

************************************

Damon entered the bar looking around for the girl with pretty golden brown hair but she was nowhere to be seen. He went past the spot where he had seen Mia after so long. He hadn't remembered her then but she was still the most beautiful and intriguing person he had ever laid his eyes on.
He remembered exactly how his heart palpitated as her eyes met his own. The perfect chocolate brown hair, that delicate but strong frame, the necklace that rested on her neck against her pale wheatish skin, it was such an assault on his senses and he knew that she was something more than a girl he saw in the bar and how right he was. She was the best part of his life, the one part that was very angry with him right now, the one that he had let down time and time again.

He kept moving towards the seating area, deep in thought of what had happened and how things had changed so drastically. Sighing to himself, he sat on the empty bar stool, his head in his hands.

"If it isn't the dashing Salvatore?" the voice came from behind and Damon stood up, turning around to see the girl that had the most brightest smile on her face and somehow it made him feel a little better.

"Annalisa," Damon greeted her as he extended his hand but she ignored it and went in for a hug. Damon was taken by surprise but he returned the hug, smiling to himself.

Annalisa pulled back and looked at him, her eyes running over him and she smiled, cocking her eyebrow. "Hmm. You look good," she commented as she took a seat beside him and Damon sat too, "You always look good," she said, shrugging to herself.

Damon chuckled, shaking his head, "I'm pretty sure," he started, "this is the second time you're seeing me," he tilted his head and leaned back comfortably. Annalisa shook her head and opened her mouth to say something but Damon held up his hand, "Though rest assure, I'm not complaining," he smirked at her and she laughed at his confidence.

"Someone's in a good mood today," she commented as she ordered a drink for herself and Damon added his own order, "I meant that you're looking better than you did last time but then I thought you looked good then too. Hence," she pointed at him, "my last remark, about you always being dashing."

Damon stopped listening when she mentioned that he looked better than last time. Could she tell the difference in him by just his looks? "Really?" he asked curious, his brows raised as he regarded her statement.

"Yeah," she sighed and patted her leg, "You looked lost then. Now," she appraised him again, "It's like you found what you were looking for," she said with a smile and Damon's smile grew bigger. Wow, what he must look like when he knew Mia wasn't hating him somewhere. He shook his head and chuckled at his thoughts. He was so hopeless.

"I did," he said as the tender came up with their drinks and Damon took a long, thirst quenching sip.

Annalisa smiled at him, "I'm glad," she said, "and surprised," she added and Damon out his glass down to look at her. He didn't get what that was about as he tilted his head and raised his brow to question her. When she didn't reply and took a sip of her drink, Damon kept his eyes on her, "Why?" he asked.

"You called?" She replied simply and Damon nodded his head as if everything just made perfect sense to him. He smiled that she wasn't surprised that he could find some happiness in his life, however short it may be. "I did, didn't I?" he smirked knowing he would never have thought about it if it wasn't for Mia. She was the defining part of his life, everything with her, for her made sense.

"So," Annalisa broke his thoughts, "What made you think of the poor, old me?" She gave him her own version of smirk and then pouted her lips as she batted her eye lashes at him. Damon laughed at her display thinking of how to break the topic. He knew she would run away the moment he would say the name and that obviously wouldn't go over well.

Keeping the light tone of his laughter, Damon looked away and Annalisa saw his hesitation to talk about it. "What?" she asked intrigued as she touched his arm waiting for him to look at her.

Damon closed his eyes before turning to face her, "Maya," he said in small whisper and Annalisa felt the rage boiling in her blood as she stood up, pushing the stool away.

"No! God!" she exclaimed as she started to gather her bag and cell phone. She opened her bag to take out cash and slammed it on the table.

"Annalisa," Damon tried to stop her but she shook her head firmly.

"I can't, Damon. I can't talk about her," she said and turned around to leave. Damon stood up and grabbed her arm but she resisted.

"You don't get it," he said through his clenched teeth as he tried to subtly force her to sit down or at least try to understand.

"She's a bitch, Damon," she shouted as she spun around to face him, her silver eyes were like hard concrete block. Everyone around them turned around to see the drama unfold in front of them. Annalisa smiled at the people apologetically, her eyes sparing them a glance for only a second before returning to Damon, "I told you to stay away from her...You're just..."

"I know that," Damon countered her statement, "She is, I know that," he looked deeply into her eyes conveying that it wasn't whatever it was that she was thinking.

Annalisa threw her head back and laughed, "Ha!" she exclaimed, "Finally, you realize," she threw up her hands and turned serious, shaking her head, her lips pursed, "When did that happen?" she tilted her head, "Before or after you jumped in bed with her?" she crossed her arms and people sent awkward glance at her.

"What are you looking at?" Damon glared at the man sitting on the table at the side who shook his head and looked away from under his hard gaze.

"Tell me, Damon," Annalisa said, "Did you screw her alright?" there was a hard edge to her voice.

"Wow," Damon widen his eyes as he looked at her and shook his head, "Talk about speedy," he commented.

"I don't know you but you deserve better than her," she added in a soft voice and turned to leave again.

"Hey! Calm your horses, woman," he raised his voice slightly to gather her attention.

"What did you call me?" She faced him, her silver eyes shining.

"Now, she listens," Damon smirked at her and she shook her head at him.

She took a deep breath and adjusted the strap of the bag on her shoulder as she bend her leg impatiently, "What do you want, Damon?" she asked.
Damon gave her a nod and smiled, "I want to talk about Mia," he said and Annalisa pinched her brows together.

"Who the hell is she?" she asked and Damon pointed to the stool beside her, asking her to take a seat. Keeping her gaze on Damon, she sat quietly on the stool and flashed her brows at him to continue.

"She's Maya's twin," Damon said simply and she did a double take.

"Her...what?" she pursed her lips.

"Maya's twin...Mia," he stated as he picked up the glass from the counter and took a sip, his eyes locked with hers. He could see the confusion in her eyes and something else and he knew it was the right thing to call her.

"Maya doesn't have a twin," she said but there was no surety in her voice and Damon smiled, raising his eyebrows. "You wanna try that again?" he challenged her.

Annalisa pursed her lips and tilted her head a side studying him but then shook his head, feeling pretty confident about herself, "Believe me, I'd know if Maya had a twin," she laughed at her words.

"Well," Damon conceded, "Not a twin then," he said and Annalisa gave a victorious smile, "But definitely a look alike," he completed and Annalisa shook her head.

"It can't happen. There can't be a look alike," she said, "if someone's not related by blood."

"Well, then," Damon said, "Explain Mia to me."

"I don't even know if she exists," she looked at him as if he had grown two heads. It just couldn't be. She knew for sure, they had just one daughter. No way there could be a look alike.

"You doubt me?" Damon asked and Annalisa shook her head as she bit her lower lip, "I'm telling you she's real thing," he said, sure of his belief and his voice rang with that confidence that Annalisa doubted herself.

Well, the world was a weird place. Could it be really weird if that were the case? Annalisa laughed with a dark tone to it and Damon scrunched his nose wondering if person could go crazy after hearing something weird. "World couldn't handle one, now you tell me there are two?" she raised her two fingers and joined them together. Damon rolled his eyes, his person going crazy theory could be true.

"She's different," Damon added and Annalisa turned serious, the laughter dying on her lips as she took a deep breath. "

Are you positive about the look alike?" she asked.

Damon kept her eyes locked with hers as he leaned forward, "A hundred and twenty percent," he said and smiled as her eyes widened.

Annalisa cleared her throat and blinked her eyes rapidly several time, "You said, her name's Mia?"

"Yes," Damon was quick to answer, "Mia," he said and was taken back to her, her smile, laughter, the way she pursed her lips when angry, the way her eyes flashed, the way she played with her fingers when nervous and those sweet, longing looks she sent his way and how she tried too hard to control herself every time she was near him. It was always amusing to watch, "She's not at all like the Maya you know. She's different. She is..."

"Please," Annalisa chuckled at his face, like he was lost in some other world thinking about her. The smile on his face, the radiance that shone off him at the mention of this girl, "Don't tell me you harbor some friggin' feelings for her?"

Damon blinked once coming back to present, "I love her," he easily admitted and smiled at her agape expression.

"Umm," she blinked rapidly, "Wow, Romeo" she sighed, "Good going," she clapped her hands and Damon shook his head, a smile adorning his face.

"Can you drop the sarcasm?" he raised his brows.

Annalisa smiled, "Can you drop this Maya/Mia thing?" she asked raising her eyebrows at him and Damon sighed as he frowned at her. Seeing him stuck on the topic, Annalisa stood up and Damon turned to look at her, thinking of another way to stop her now. She had to help him. He opened his mouth but she cut him off, "Right. Come on," she pointed at him and then at the door, "I need you to meet someone."

"Not your parents, right?" Damon asked playfully and she swat his shoulder.

"You wish," she rolled her eyes and Damon smiled, "It'll be fine. I think they'll be able to help you with this situation because, seriously," she passed him a look, "I have no idea of what to make of this whole Maya/Mia look alike thing. It’s right out creepy if you ask me," she added as she opened the glass door and went outside with Damon following her.

"But I do know that twin thing in our family is important," she said.

"Your family?" Damon asked as he took two long strides to catch up with her.

Annalisa juggled the car keys in her hand as she looked at him with a smile and added, "Yep. The Markowitz."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's sad to see the subscriptions decreasing. Let me know what you don't like in the story before calling quits on it.
To the others, Thank you so very much. <3