Status: 5 Recs/Comments/Subs= New Chapter.

Numbers.

Can't Be What You Need.

{ A/N: I've never seen the new Hobbit movie so if you like it I'm sorry. And I hope this was dramatic enough, and I know its going fast, but shit needs to get going.}

*Oli's P.O.V*

"That movie was shit," Josh sighs, standing up from his seat next to me.

I was feeling awfully proud of myself at this point. Somehow I had managed to keep my eyes open the whole time. Josh even put his arm around me. He didn't do that lame yawning thing either. Although, even if he did I still probably would have found it just as mesmerizingly cute.

"Hey, you alright?" He looks down at me with concerned eyes and I questioned why. Oh duh, I'm still sitting down. He reaches out a hand for me to take, and I gladly do, pulling myself up and begging I wasn't too heavy for him. I cringed as I waited for his response.

"What?" He quirks an eyebrow before realization hits. "Ols, trust me on this, it was honestly like lifting up a small child. You're very light, okay? I'm still worried and I'd like to think I deserve an explanation."

I shake my head. "It wasn't that," I play it off as though it was nothing. In reality it meant the world to me. My appearance was the main solid of my relationship. "I just feel a bit dizzy after sitting for so long."

He frowns, signaling that he doesn't believe me. "We'll talk about it back at the flat, huh? This isn't something to talk about in public. Too personal, eh?"

I nod in confirmation. "Just a bit."

"Right," He grins, his hand still gripping tightly onto mine. "I can barely get you to talk to me as is, let alone in public with a bunch of asshole strangers," He chuckles before pulling me out of the theatre. We exit the building and I have to squint because the bright light of the outdoors is practically melting my eyeballs out of their sockets.

"Jesus Christ," I mutter. Josh's hand squeezes mine and I look over to him to find a look of worry etched onto his face.

"What's wrong?" He asks, flustered.

"Nothing," I reply, blushing. "Its a little too bright out here for me."

"Oh, I'm sorry," He frowns. "If I'd have known I would've waited for an evening showing." Is he serious right now? My eyes hurt because of the sun. The fucking sun, and he apologizes? Does everyone do this? Because it certainly was new to me.

"No, no," I assure. "Its perfectly fine, and it was lovely of you to even think of bringing me out like this. Thank you." Well, that seemed to lighten his mood. For once I figured out the right thing to say.

"Why wouldn't I have taken you out?" He asks, like it was no big deal. "This was just something little. You deserve to be treated like a king, Oliver."

I almost flinched at the sound of my full name being used, but the rest of his sentence countered it out. Still, it caused my whole body to tense and I began to get nervous. Extremely nervous. I couldn't mess this up. I wouldn't. Right?

Just as I was about to reply, my phone begins to ring in my pocket. Giving an apologetic smile to Josh, I pull it out from my back pocket, already knowing who it is without even having to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answer, glancing quickly down to Josh's hand linked in mine. I drop it, receiving a confused look from him. It felt like Mike was watching us somehow. Like he knew.

"Hey, darlin'," Mike's voice rings in my ears. "Flight just landed. How's your day been going?"

I bit my lip, contemplating an answer. "S'been great, b-babe. Josh and I just left the cinema."

Josh raises his eyebrows in question of my nervousness. If I had to be honest, he looks a little pissed off. And I really didn't want to answer the phone, and just enjoy my time with the godly creature that is Josh, but if I didn't answer, it surely would result in a large bruise being placed somewhere on me. I didn't want Josh to worry any longer. I had realized that I had began to worry about his well being over mine. As I didn't mind, because he deserved it.

"Oh. Really?" His tone has grown harsher. "What movie did you and Josh see?" He asks, putting more emphasis on Josh's name. He said it like it was some sort of disease. Like Josh was cancerous.

"We s-saw the s-second H-Hobbit movie," I stutter out, my free hand beginning to shake as I hear my boyfriend let out a long sigh.

"You haven't even seen the first one, Oli. You shouldn't have made him waste his money on you." He says.

My stomach feels like its going to concave on itself. Why the fuck would he say something like that? Is he turning into the hostile Mike he usually was when I was with other guys? I begged he wasn't. I was even considering praying to that so-called 'God' I don't believe in.

I frown, looking toward the ground. "Y-You're completely right, sweetheart. I-I'll have to apologize, r-right?"

"Good boy," He chirps. "Now, I think I've got to go, Vic needs me to make some hotel arrangements or something like that. I'll call you before bed, okay, beautiful?"

"Of c-course, love." I reply, not having any other option. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Talk to you later."

"Bye." I practically whisper. I have to wait for him to hang up first, and when he does, I force my phone back into my pocket.

"Mike?" Josh asks bitterly.

I sigh. "How'd you guess?"

"Maybe the stuttering, shaking hands and trembling lips gave it away?" He inquires, turning to give me a forced smile.

"I suppose that's logical," I mutter, sighing and reaching into my back pocket for a cigarette. "Do you have a lighter?" I ask, after feeling around in my other pockets, and realizing I didn't have one.

He shakes his head. "I don't smoke, but we've reached the flat. You're allowed to smoke inside, correct?"

I nod. "Yup. Thank fuck." I state.

"You hooked on that shit?"

I shake my head. "Not in the slightest. Only when Mike and I's conversations go...that way." I shudder. "I have to do something
to ease my nerves, right?"

He quirks an eyebrow. "No medication?"

I let out a dry laugh. "I'm on enough of those already,"

"Yet I haven't seen you take a single one." Josh smirks. "I'll have to make sure it gets done, hm?"

"Fuck you," I grumble, hopping up the stairs of the house and pulling open the door, holding it open for Josh.

"Aw, thank you, Ols." He smiles sweetly, and walks through the door, me trailing behind him. He's so cute.

When I finally get down the hallway, he's standing outside of the door, tapping his foot.

"Did you lock it?" He asks, hand rested on the doorknob.

"'Course I did. Mike would murder me if I ever let us get robbed." I smile weakly and get my key out of my pocket. I cram it impatiently into the keyhole, and turn it, the door popping open and a bit of dust falling from the ceiling.

"Does it do that all the time?" Josh asks, staring worriedly at the ceiling.

I nod, feeling bad about it. "You get used to it after a while." I walk through the door, Josh following me this time, closing the door behind him.

"So, this whole 'fat' thing. Care to elaborate on that?" He asks, flopping down on the couch as gracefully as one can flop down on a couch. Which I might add, was very graceful.

Although, his words made my mouth go dry, and my tongue just didn't want to be bothered enough to form the words.

"Not much to elaborate."

"Bullshit, Oli. We both know there's something about this you aren't telling me. I really wanna know, okay?" He pushes, scooting closer to me.

"Why?" I ask, looking to my hands. "Why do you wanna know?"

"Because I'm starting to care about you...a lot. And I'm actually fucking terrified for you." He explains, seemingly unsure of himself for a few seconds.

"Terrified for what?" I ask. "I'm a big boy, Josh. I can handle myself." I assure, nervous about what he might say next.

But then he dropped a fucking bomb on me.

"No, Oliver. I don't think you can 'handle yourself'," He yells, making air-quotes around the two words. "I think Mike is beating the shit out of you and you're too infatuated with him to tell anybody."

"I'm not infatuated with him." I mutter, looking up at him, since he had stood up.

"Bullshit!" He scoffs, throwing his hands up and moving them around dramatically. "He's walking all over you and I refuse to watch it! The guys may not see it, but I do! Oli, you need to get away from him! You aren't in love with him!"

"I know I'm not." I whisper, throwing my head in my hands. My hands were shaking so badly, they were barely able to keep my head still. But I stayed in the same position.

"If you aren't in love with him, then why don't you just fucking leave him, hm?" He asks, his pacing across the floor increasing in speed. "Give me some proof, Oli!"

I look up. "You want some fucking proof?" I glare up at him, Josh returning the same look back to me. "Because I fucking like you, okay?! And I can't like you when I love someone else, huh? Is that good enough fucking proof, Josh?!"