Status: My first ever story. Please don't hate

How Can We Love in This World?

Six

1st person
"You!" I screamed, all eyes still on us. "Mere Dixon, your brother? My drug dealer?" I said as he came even closer to me. And as soon as I mentioned 'drug dealer' I swear everyone's mouths dropped open.
"You. The one who tried to get in my knickers." He stopped reaching out to me, realizing what I said.
He sat back, "thought I recognized ya from somewhere."
I breathed in heavily: scared. "Stay away from me, or are ya trying to get in my knickers again?"
"Jesus christ, that was 10 years ago, I aint like that no more." He stood up and looked around at everyone staring at us. "I AINT!" He shouted.

I gathered my clothes off the ground and to his tent, getting my belongings and heading to the woods.
"Bailey!" Rick shouted, "where are you going?"
"Away from that werido," I shouted back and carried on towards the woods.

~o~

3rd person
Everyone watched as Bailey headed off towards the woods, and then watched Daryl, unsure what to do and say. Did he really try and do something to Bailey, and could they be safe with him?

Next he ran off in the direction Bailey went.
"Daryl!" Rick shouted.
"Leave me be!" He shouted back.
"Dont do anything stupid," Rick warned him.

Carol and Lori looked at each other, both with worried faces.They went into the RV checking on their children. Amy and Andrea, the two sisters, looked at each other unsure of what to say. Glenn and Dale went back to the top of the RV watching for walkers, while Rick and Shane started discussing the issue at hand. Anyone else who was around continued with their chores.

"Man, did she say drug dealer?" Shane asked.
"Yeah, but she said Merle was the dealer." Rick said.
"Yeah, but she might have a secret stash. And Daryl trying to rape her, and you let him go after her. What if he does something? You cant let him stay, what if he tries it with Lori?" Shane said pacing back and forth.
"I know but Daryl said it was 10 years ago, what if he has changed?"
"Man, you cant risk that. What if he hasnt'?"
"He has helped us with a lot of things: protect us, provide food for us, we can't let him go. Lets just talk to him when he gets back." And with that the men departed from the conversation.

~o~

In the woods Bailey was charging through flinging branches out the way: her heart beating fast. She heard twigs snap behind her and then loud footsteps getting closer. She looked behind her and saw Daryl coming towards her. She dropped her nags and held her gun at him.
"I'll shot you, even if i draw every geek in." she said with the gun raised to his head.
Daryl held his arms up in the air, crossbow in one, to show he was no threat. "Put the gun down, I aint gonna hurt ya."
"I bet that's what you say to all the girls."
He threw his hands down to the side, now continuing to walk forwards. "Put the fucking gun down, I know you aint gonna shoot!" He shouted, "and for fuck sake, like I said before that was 10 fucking years ago, I aint like that now. Also I was high as fuck so were you. How do ya even remem-" He was cut off.

A group of walkers were coming up behind Bailey. She still had the gun pointed to his head, but if he didn't act quick she will be torn apart. Acting fast, he grabbed her arms but she let out a scream thinking he was going to hurt her. He let go of one arm and put his hand over her mouth.
"shhhh look," he pointed behind her. Bailey looked, she then gripped hold of Daryl's arm for dear life. He walked backwards a bit, the he pushed Bailey behind him grabbing his crossbow.

Bailey dropped her gun along the way near her bags when Daryl grabbed her. She gripped onto the back of his shirt making him flinch. He thought she was gonna hurt him.

With the 3 arrows he had, he shot 3 of the walkers the arrows piercing the brains. However 2 walkers carried on making their way towards them. He pushed Bailey further back causing her to fall to the ground. He removed his knife from its sheath and threw it towards the close walker. Then he removed another smaller knife from his boot and charged at the last walker, stabbing it in the head. He pulled out the knife and the walker fell to the ground. He retrieved his arrows and put his knifes back.

Daryl then head towards Bailey and helped her up off the ground.
"Are you ok?" he asked her.
"Just a little shaken up," she said walking back over to retrieve her gun and bags from the floor.
"You wanna go huntin' before we go back? Have a chat?" He asked her.
"Yeah, go on." she said handing him one of her bags to carry.

They walked side by side through the forest, Daryl collecting squirrel along the way. He then noticed the silver chain hanging from her neck.
"Whats on the end of that?" he asked her looking towards the chain.
she pulled it out and put the ring on he finger, "my engagement ring."
"Wow engaged? Who'd marry a drug dealer?" he asked trying to be clever.
"My fiancee, and i'm an ex druggy, but you cant talk can you. Also a rapist."
He stopped and turned towards her, "fucking hell, I didn't know what I was doing that night, I was high as fuck. Like I said aint like that now, been clear 5 years."
It fell silent between them as they carried on walking "so what you done in 10 years? Grown abit since then, not a kid anymore. How old are you now?" Daryl asked
Bailey sighed, "27. I came off the drugs 2 years ago after nearly dying. Went to these meetings and met George." As she mentioned his name she held onto her ring tighter. "Hooked up a couple of times. After two months of being together he proposed to me. We could never afford a wedding as he went back onto the drugs wasting all of our money. I would of too but there was something inside of me that kept stopping me. Lat year he died in a car crash, he was high as fuck. But I found out that I was....." she let out a sob.
Daryl placed a hand on her shoulder causing her to flinch, "it's ok, ya don't have to tell me."
"nah it's ok, I found out I was pregnant."
"Where's ya child?" Daryl knew he shouldn't of asked because in this world the baby probably would have been eaten.
"3 months pregnant I lost the baby." Bailey began to cry, "doc says after all the years of abusing my body i'd never be able to carry children." She let go of her ring.

Daryl pulled her towards his chest, wrapping his arms around her. "It's ok." he spoke, his voice wasn't filled with the same aggression as before. They stood there for a while, Bailey crying into his chest, Daryl stroking her hair.

She sniffled and wiped the tears away before stepping away from his embrace.
"I see you aint a slapper no more. A sophisticated women now." Daryl said causing her to laugh while she carried on wiping away the tears.
"Trust me, she's still there. Anyways 10 years, what about you?"
"I'm now 30, and like i said gave up 5 years ago. Never settled down. That's it really."
"You dont have much to say."
"Never have and never will do."

It fell silent again as Daryl collected more Squirrels.
"uhm... Thanks for before." Bailey said.
"what for?" Daryl asked
"For saving my ass back there."
"Don't sweat about it."
"And.... I'm sorry. Maybe you did try to rape me but that was 10 years ago."
"What are you trying to say?"
"Huh... Your not a dirty pervert."
Daryl let out a small chuckle, "So you coming back to camp?"
"Suppose so, but where am I gonna stay?"
"Ya can stay with me, and don;t worry I wont try anything on with ya, But hey, we might not even be allowed back into camp."
"Why?"
"'Cause you said you were a druggy and I was a rapist."
"Opps, I'm sorry about that."
"So ya gonna stay with me?"
"Yeah."
"Ok, just don't get to clingy woman." And Daryl then headed on in front of Bailey back to camp; Bailey following behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow that took forever to write.
Plz comment and let me know what you think, dont be a silent reader.

Thanks to:
wedxsa :)
&
aandrandom
for commenting