Status: My first ever story. Please don't hate

How Can We Love in This World?

Eight

Later Daryl went hunting and I wondered around the camp trying to get to know people. A young blonde girl came over to me. "Hi, i'm Amy. Bailey right?" She asked holding her hand out.
"Yeah, are you sister's with Andrea?" I asked taking her hand and shaking it.
"Yeah she's over there." Amy pointed to an older woman. She grabbed my hand and pulled me over to her sister.

Andrea seamed stunned to see me, probably because of the kaos before. Maybe she thougt that her sister was hanging around with and ex druggie. Well I will have to prove to them I'm just that. And ex.

"Hi, Andrea." She said holding her hand out politely.
"Bailey," I took her hand.
"How's your leg doing?"
"Much better thanks, Daryl did a pretty good job with the stiches there. Ermmm is there anything I can do to help around here? I wont to help earn my keep and well at the minute I feel a little useless."
"Errmmm," Andrea looked around camp, "I'm not really sure you'd have to ask Lori."
I knew who Lori was, she was the only person I spoke to when I was up when I first got here. I started to walk towards her but Amy shouted "wait up!" I stopped and looked towards her seeing Andrea tell her something, probably telling her to be careful around me. This Andrea person was becoming to be a pain the ass for me, if she has a problem I would rather her tell me up front instead of whipsering in peoples ears.

Amy came running up to me, "before you go to Lori you have to meet the others."
I wanted to ask her whether her sister had a problem with me, I would have, however, I still needed to keep a level head. I was new here, and what they had going was a pretty decent set up and I didnt really want to be back on the road.

She took me to a young asian guy named Glenn.
"Ya feeling better?" He asked, and I answered the same as I told everyone else. "What's it like sharing with Daryl?" He added.
"Yeah s'ok, it's surprisingly tidy in there."
"Yeah," he sounded suprised, "I heard what happened before." He added seaming a little more quiet than before.
"Yeah what do you think?" I asked, curious as to what he thought about me?
"I believe you, you seam pretty cool standing up for yourself , especially towards Shane, and you saved our asses back in Atlanta."
"I agree," Amy said "she can stick with us" she threw her arm around my shoulder, Glenn doing the same.
"Ha ha yeah, the 3 musketeers." Glenn said.

I thought it was pretty awesome, we all seamed to be around the same age, only they seamed to be 24-25 years old.

As I carried on towards Lori I noticed Shane watch me with an evil gaze, I just smiled at him and carried on. I wasn't scared of him, i've dealt with men much worse, hell I'ved had to deal with Merle Dixon. It wasn't always fun and games getting what I needed espesically from Merle.

"Anything I can help with?" I asked Lori when I reached her.
"Do you want to help Jacqui and Carol with the washing down by the quarry." Andrea was now heading towards us, "Hey Andrea, you heading down to the quarry."
"Yeah why?"
"Ya have a new washer women" Lori pointed towards me.
I gave a friendly smile but Andrea seamed intimidated by me. "Have you two met yet?" Lori asked.
"Yeah Amy brought her to see me." Andrea spoke softly.
"Amy is pretty cool, her and Glenn want me to stick around with them." I added.
"Well that's awesome that you have someone to bond with. Seams like everyone has already taken a liking to you."
"Yeah well most of them." I knew Shane defiantly didn't like me and I'm pretty sure Andrea isn't that into me either. And Daryl, well I'm not to sure 'bout that one. Does that man even like anyone but him self and Merle.

############################

Me and Andrea made our way down to the quarry and just as Lori said, Carol and Jacqui were already down there. We went to join them.
"Hey" I smiled.
"Hi honey hows things?" Jacqui asked.
"Oh everything is fine, need an extra pair of hands?"
"Your a saint." She smiled handing me a pile of dirty clothes.
I got to work on washing the clothes, nobody saying a word. "Ya know what I miss most?" Carol broke the silence, "my washing machine." Everyone laughed, "what about you Bailey?"

Oh shit why me. What did I truly miss? My drugs, alcohol, my husband, how could I tell then those things, but my thinking was interrupted when Andrea spoke, "I miss my vibrator." Well that just made us burst out in laughter.
"Me too," Carol spoke shyly.
"I just miss damn good amazing sex." I spoke. It was true it had been a while since I had any sex and I sure wasn't gonna be getting any soon.
"Bailey you dirty thing." Jacqui laughed.

"Hey what's all the laughter about?" A deep voice bellowed out.
"Oh just girl talk." Andrea spoke up.

Ed was Carol's abusive husband so Daryl tells me.

Ed then throws us another big pile of dirty clothes with force. "Well less chat and more washing."
Andrea got up and walked over to him, I stood up but stayed put.
"Why don't you wash your own clothes?" Andrea shoved the pile of clothes back into his arms. However, he gave them back pushing Andrea to the floor.

We all rushed over to help Andrea, all except Carol who just sat there. Ed then clicked his fingers at her causing her to slowly make her way towards him.

"No Carol," I spoke to her while helping Andrea up off the floor, "you don't have to go."
She stopped but Ed came to her slapping her across the face, "NOW!" He shouted.

I went marching over, "No!" Jacqui shouted to me but I carried on, however, I didn't know what I was in for.