Status: My first ever story. Please don't hate

How Can We Love in This World?

Nine

He shoved me hard in the shoulders, I stumbled back but I didn't fall. I stepped towards him again but this resulted in me getting a blow to the face right in the eye. This did cause me to fall to the ground, he then kicked me in the jaw as I lay helplessly on the floor. Great a black eye and now probably a busted jaw&lip, possibly even bruised ribs from the fall. I spat out the blood in my mouth, but I didn't show my pain, I just rolled around a bit.

The other women cried out. Shane heard the commotion and immediately came running over. He grabbed Ed by the collar and started beating the shit out him. Not stopping. However when he finally did he helped me off the ground and examined my face moving my hair out the way and tucking it behind my ear as he did. But as he continued to look a smile spread across his lips "your one tough bitch!"
"Tell me about it."

We stood there just staring at each other, it was a bit weird really. I totally forgot the others were still there until Andrea walked past. She cleared her throat before she spoke, "looks like you might be getting your wish."
I shuck my head in disgust and moved away from him quickly realising what Andrea was on about.
#####################

3rd person
They all walked back to camp, Carol helped Ed back to their tent and she stayed in there probably receiving a beating. Jacqui helped Andrea back, and Shane walked Bailey back to the RV.

"It's okay, I can look after myself." Bailey told him.
"Sit," he said gesturing towards the table and chair, "have ya seen the state of you?"
Bailey let out a frustrated sigh and sat back on the chair, Shane put a first aid kit on the table which he took from one of the cupboards in the RV.

"Is it really that bad?" She asked thinking she would need stitches.
"Nah, you just need cleaning up."

He sat opposite her and started cleaning the gashes with a piece of cloth and alcohol.
"Thanks for this." She said looking up at him. He stopped what he was doing and looked back at her.
"I'm sorry for before, you're a decent chick."
Bailey laughed, "well, I don't like to brag." They both laughed at her joke. He finished cleaning her up and then her walked her back to Daryl's tent.
"Stay away from Ed would ya." He told her.
"Are you stupid!? Think I really wanna go near him again and receive yet another beating. Anyway, why you give a shit?" Bailey asked
"I've gotta protect a good looking chick." Shane winked.
She scoffed at his remark. She grabbed hold of the zipper to the tent but before she entered she spoke, "imma get changed, haven't had a chance yet and I finally got some clean cloths thanks to Daryl." Bailey smiled at the mention of his name but Shane's smile faltered and he shifted looking rather uncomfortable.
"He's a good man," he spoke.
"I know. Also i'm gonna check my ribs, think they maybe bruised."
Shane smiled at her and places a hand on her shoulder. "Be careful." He said. She smiled and then slid into the tent.

###########################

1st person
I rummaged through my bags finding a clean t-shirt and a pair of shorts that Daryl kindly took to Carol to wash before. I hadn't had a chance to change in wile, i'd be glad to get out of these old dirty clothes.

I pulled my dirty tee off and looked down at my bruised side. Shit, it was a lot worse than I thought.

I sat on the floor in only my dirty jeans and bra, I then heard the tent zip open. I quickly snapped my head around and shot up, but was relieved to see it was only Daryl and not someone like Ed coming back for round 2. He stepped in not realising me but then his eyes landed on my chest.
"Ya like what you see?" I said realising he was staring. I'd always been pretty confident with my body and wasn't about to become self conscious just because it was the end of the world and because there was some redneck watching me.
"Ermm sorry," he said dropping his head and adverting his gaze to the ground, "i'll leave."
"Jesus Daryl, it's not as if I'm naked. Anyways we share a tent, your probably gonna see me like this a few more times."
"Well you'd better not be making a habit out of it."
I turned around to put my dirty top away, but as I bent down Daryl must have seen my bruise.
"Jesus what happened to you?" He shouted. I turned back around this time he looked at my face and saw it all.
"Oh just Ed," I said casually, " but don't worry Shane sorted it."
"Shane!?!" Daryl sounded shocked.
"Yeah why?"
"Huh....no reason." He grunted, he stood there awkwardly his gaze falling to my chest again but I just smirked. It was nice that I could still get that kind of attention. I carried on getting undressed and went to pull my jeans off but Daryl protested.
"Woah woah, I'm waiting outside. Let me know when you're done."
I just tutted and carried on getting ready.

"Done!" I called from the tent. Daryl walked back in, "get used to it I told him."
"Yeah well don't make it a habit like I said." He said sounding a little embarrassed, he had his head down low hiding a blush.
"Ooo is Mr Dixon blushing?" I asked.
"No why would I be?" He said with aggression.
I placed my hands on my hips, "'cause there was a pretty girl in front of you topless."
"Pft. You're pretty confident aren't ya?"
"Yeah well its the end of the world, what else is there to lose. Plus it cheered you up." I said. I walked past him and nudged him, which caused him to smile, and headed outside. But then his face went serious.
"Hey," he said getting my attention, "keep clear of Ed!"
"I will, but why are you assed?" I asked.
"I don't."
"Whatever Dixon." And I left the tent with a smile on my face. Two men concerned about my safety and I had caused one of them to blush when they saw me topless.
♠ ♠ ♠
So she has Daryl and Shane both concerned about her, who do you think she will fall for? What happens next?

this is the outfit she changed into:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=107322010

couldn't find the original boots. sorry :(