Not Me

You're Milan Lucic

“Hi Milan” I say shyly getting lost in big brown eyes
“Hey Becca, you’ve got a great a friend here. He has been sending letters for a year now. Just so you met me on your birthday. He told I’m your favorite player. Is it true?” He says with a grin
I nodded shyly and turn to Bryan. I mouthed thank you at him’ he nodded. I give him a hug and he whispered happy birthday to me.
“Now go have fun with Milan you have until 6:30” He whispers to me
He hands me off to Milan and goes to god knows where, I was so happy to spend an hour and half with Lucic.
“What are we going to do Milan?” I asked
“We are going to ice skate and I’m gonna teach you some hockey moves” he tells me
“Wait are telling me I get to skate on the Bruins ice rink?” I ask excitedly and jumping
He laughs “Yes you do”
“But I don’t have skates” I tell him
“Bryan dropped them off a week ago” Milan explains
Milan takes my hand and giggle as he leads me down to locker room to change into our skates.
“By the I love your jersey” he says with a wink.
I feel my face got hot, I know I’m blushing. “Thanks I thought you would” I say flirty
“You have most beautiful eyes, do you know that?” He asks
“I’ve been told, thanks. It means a lot coming from you” I tell
I finish lacing up both my skates. I can’t believe about to go ice skating with Milan Lucic. I was so excited. He grabs my hand on the way on ice, I giggle again.
“That giggle is adorable Becca” He says with sly smile
“Thanks” I say blushing
“Now tell me about this asshole ex” He says
“Well it’s a long story” I tell him
“We have time and you can trust me” He says looking at me. He’s so tall without skates. He just over towers me in skates.
I put my head down and hesitate. I take a deep and just let my slip out “It all started about 8 months ago. Dylan, my ex, and me met. We became really good friends and hang out a lot. We grew feeling a for each other and we started dating a month after we met. He made feel like the happiest girl in the world. I felt complete and whole with him. Them after 4 months of dating he started to pull away. I didn’t think much of for the first week and half. Cause he had work and everything. But after two of barely talking, I confronted him. I told I feel like he was ignoring me and just pushing me to the side. That started a fight” I explain tears starting to form in my eye. “We didn’t talk for 3 days after that. I cried myself to sleep. Then called to sorry and explain everything. A week after our 5 month. He breaks up with me and has been and asshole to me for the 2 months. I’m trying to cut him out my life but he keeps finding his way in” I tell him in full on tears now. He sits down on the ice. He pulls me onto his lap and lets me cry on shoulder for 10 mintues. I stop crying and take a deep breath. We stay sitting like that for a minute. I break the stare but standing up.
“Thank you so much for listening it means so much to me. But how about those hockey moves now?” I ask
“Sure thing give me a minute” He says as he skates towards the locker room.
I wait for him on the ice and he comes back with to hockey stick and a puck. He hands me a hockey stick I take and look at it.
“This hockey stick is sighed” I tell him confused
“I know its for you to keep” He tells me with a wink
I blush “Thank you so much” I tell him
We spend the last half hour shooting goals. I made 3 against him, he only made 2 against me.
We went into the locker room and I change back into my sneakers and grab my skates.
“Thanks I had a lot of fun” I tell him
“I did too” he hands me a piece of paper “Don’t read until you get home. Ok?” He tells me
“Ok I promises I won’t” I shove the note in my pocket as I say it
He gives me one last hug and brings me to my seat. Bryan’s back and waiting for me.
“Hey there Becky” He says with a smirk
“You know I hate being called that Bryan” I say with a glare
“I know Becca, but I now I need the details! How’d it go? Did you get his number? Why do you have hockey stick?” He asks all at once
“One. It went great. Two. Why would he give me his number? I’m just fan, no one special. And three. Milan give it to me, he even had the whole team sigh it.” I tell him
“Becca. He likes you I can tell by the way he looks at you. He wants to get to know you better. Oh my god you eyes are puffy. Did you cry? What happened?”
How can he always tell if I cried or not? I think to myself.
“Yes I did cry. And he just wanted to know about Dylan. And it made me cry on how bad he fooled and how different I thought he was. I’m fine, I promises” I tell
As I finish that sentence all of bruins come out for the pre-game practice. I watch excited. In no time the stands full up. TD garden is packed tonight, Well we facing the flyers.
“Do want anything birthday girl?” Bryan asked me snapping me out of my own little world of hockey.
“Yeah, can you get my a large hot chocolate and some chicken tenders?” I ask him
“Of course I’ll be right back” he tells as he heads to the food place
I put my bag on his seat to save it for him. The started right after Bryan sat down with food. He knows I wouldn’t talk or even move until intermission. I never do. But I could hear him chuckle everytime he saw me blush. Milan would flash me a smile everytime he skated by, I blushed every time.
“Dude!” Bryan playful hits my shoulder ‘He so is into you, how can you not see it?” He asks
“Because I see the truth, why would he go for a girl like me?”
“You are a beautiful, smart and wonderful young lady Rebecca, you should see that.” He tell me making me smile.
“Thanks Bryan” I say hugging him
The games ends we won 6-0. Boy is Rask one of the greatest goalies every. As soon I get home I open the note from Milan. I read it to myself then out to double check I’m reading this write.
“Hey Becca,
I had great time with you today. I really glad you opened up to me like that even though
i know it was hard. I will never judge you for crying, no made of stone. Any way I hope we can hang out again some time. Here’s my number 1-629-736-4519. Text me sometime.
Love, Milan Lucic.”
I read the note over and over again. I can’t believe he give me his number. Should I try it or not? I think about in the morning. I fall asleep in my outfit. With Milan note in my arms.