Not Me

I'm such a dumbass

“Tyler you’re such a fucking dipshit!” I scream “How the hell did you not see her coming?”
“She just came running out into the street with her hands covering her face” Tyler says calmly “I think she was crying.”
“Fuck this is all my fault...She just wanted to talk” I blame myself “I yelled and pushed her away”
“Dude, don’t blame yourself...what she want to talk about?” Tyler asks
“That she slept with you and believes that she pregnant….With your child” I tell him getting angry
“Dude, I’m really sorry.” Tyler says sympathetically “I was just so hammered, you know I wouldn’t have done it if I was sober, or wasn’t as wasted.”
“I know dude, I’m sorry” I said “But we got to get to the hospital quick. Fold down the back seats, I’ll sit back there with her” I say quickly
I go over to Becca and find her pulse “Tyler quickly, she has a pulse but a weak one and she unconscious” I yell back to him as I pick her up I hear her moan in pain. I lay her down in the back seat and Tyler drives to hospital as fast as he could. Once at the hospital, I quickly explain everything. Her weak pulse and the amount of blood loss. The nurse nod ands calls a code red. Three doctors and 3 nurses rush over. One starts chest compressions as the roll her into a back room. I call her dad and tell him what happened and he rushed to the hospital.
“Dude, do you know why she was crying? Tyler ask
“I didn’t listen to her...I didn’t let her explain. I’m such a douchebag. She doesn’t deserve me” I reply upset
“Come on Looch she loves you and you love her...you were mad...just say you're sorry...I’m sorry I didn’t know who she was until we woke up”
“I understand...she’s pregnant you know?
“I did know..she knew she had to tell you”
“Hold on I have to go call her friend” He nods before I walk outside. I dial Bryans number.
“Hello?” Bryan asks
“Hey man, This is Milan...Becca is in the hospital.”
“Oh my god what happened?”
I sigh “We got in a fight...I wouldn’t listen she ran off crying..Tyler hit her. Her dad is already on his way.”
“I’ll be right there.” Bryan says before he hangs up. After twenty minutes Bryan and Becca dad is her. After an hour a nurse comes out and says she is stable and one at a time you can see her. The nurse also said she had to talk to her parenter. As her dad went in to see her. I went and talk to the nure.
“You need to talk me?” I ask
Are you her boyfriends?” The nurse asks
“Yes, I am. What happened?”
“We were unable to save her but her unborn child. We couldn't without it killing Rebecca. I’m so sorry.”
“Thankyou for letting me know”
I walk back and sit down. I see that her dad is still seeing her. I sit next to Tyler, I know I have to break the news to him.
“Ayy Tyler. I got to tell you something” I say
“What’s up?” Tyler asks
“They couldn’t save the baby. If they did it would have killed Becca”
“Oh”
“I’m so sorry Tyler”
Becca’s dad walks out and Bryan says I can go in first. I slowly walk in the room. I see Becca laying there. Her heart monitor beeping and a breathing tube still in. Her right leg is in a cast on a pillow and her left arm in a slang. The doctor told me she has broken ribs to.
This is all my fault. I think to myself. I sit on the chair next to her bed, she’s unconscious. I hold her hand And gently talk to her.
“You’ll get through I know you will. You’re strong like that. I’m sorry I yelled at you and didn’t listen. I was stupid. I love you so much.” I tell her.
I kiss her cheek and walk out of the room. I nodded at Bryan as I walk by. I sit down where I was before and turn to Tyler.
“I’m heading to the rink for a bit, I’ll be back in a few if you need me call” I say to Tyler.
Tyler nodded with understanding. I walk out the of the hospital and to my car. I check to make sure my hockey bag is in the car. I take the long way to the rink. I go to the bench and change it to my skates. I do five minutes of suicide drills. Once done with that I dump my bag of pucks on the ground and start raking shots one after the other. Hard hits filled with anger. Until I hit the last puck. I look at the time. I’ve been here for an hour and half. I pick up my pucks and change back into my sneakers and put my bag into the backseat of my car. I drive back to the hospital. When I get back to hospital Becca's dad is waiting for me.
“Hey son. I need to talk to for a second” He calls me over
“Yeah?” I asks
“What happened?”
“Becca and I got in a fight and she run off crying. Tyler was coming down the street and didn’t see her. I’m very sorry for I did.”
“It’s alright son. They take the breathing tube out. She breathing on her own. The doctor said she should be walking up soon. Go and sit with her until she does.”
I nodded thankful as I walk towards the room. I open the door of see my angel all hurt because of my stupid mistake. I sit in the chair next to her and hold her hand. As I do, she opens her eyes slowly.