In The Name Of

Chapter Seventeen

Prom was really going well if I may say so myself, it really looked like Matt was having a good time and that’s exactly what I wanted. Matt and I danced to a few songs and then I lead him over to table were Kat and Jimmy were located. I pushed him on the chair and took a seat on his lap kissing him softly.

“I hope your having good time,” I whispered softly in his ear. He kissed my cheek softly and nodded but he then stopped as he saw Amy standing in front of us, Jimmy coughed and held Kat’s hand.
“You look nice Matt,” she told him.

Matt nodded and turned his attention back to me, Amy pulled up a chair and smiled softly at Matt and I.

“You two make a wonderful couple,”

I stayed quiet and looked at Matt he wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at her, I think he could tell that she was going to try and start something.

“Well I’ll see you on the dance floor,” she smiled and got up making her way in the crowd. I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, he sighed and kissed my forehead looking up seeing Zacky and Jessie dancing closer then ever before. It wasn’t even a slow song and they were slow dancing, that really shows you how much they missed one another.

“Matt can you go get me a bottle of water?” I asked him softly. He nodded and kissed me quickly.

“Kat Jimmy, do you want one while I am up?”

Kat nodded and smiled. “Yes please,” Jimmy shock his head and placed his hands on her stomach.

“No, I’m cool man,” Jimmy told him. Matt nodded and made his way across the dance floor passing Brian and Casey, along with Johnny and Anna dancing like there is no tomorrow. Matt soon made it to the drink bar, he paid the parent for two water bottles and was stopped by Amy.

“Amy what are you doing?” he asked her.

“Nothing just getting a water bottle,” she told him as she took the water bottle. “How are you and Loren?”

“We’re fine,”

“I heard something interesting that I think you should know Matt,”

He sighed and looked at her. “What?”

“Well, I heard something about her and the little girl...”

Matt crossed his arms over his chest and stared at her. “And that is?”

“Well I heard that what she get pregnant and tried to trap the guy in the relationship. She’s going to try and do that with you Matt, and I know that you have the band to worry about,”

Matt glared and walked off making his way back to where I was located, I took the water bottle from him and smiled as I took the water bottle from him. I looked at Matt’s face and raised my eyebrow at him he looked pretty pissed.

“What’s the matter Matt?” I asked his as I took his hand in mine.

“Fucking Amy,” he growled.

“What do you mean?”

“She’s fucking talking shit about you...and Adrianne,”

That was the last straw, sure you can talk shit about me all you want to it’s high school people talk shit but when you go and talk shit about my daughter that’s another story. She is only two years old for Christ sake, she’s as innocent as they come and that bitch has the nerve to talk shit about my daughter.

“Matt I have to go to the bathroom, watch my stuff alright?” I told him as I take one drink of my water and kiss his cheeks. He nodded and take a seat rubbing his face in his hands, Jimmy kicked his friends shoe and watched as I walked off.

“Dude, your really sitting here?”

“She’s going to the bathroom Jimmy,”

Kat laughed slightly. “You really think a mother like Loren is going to the bathroom? Come on Matt use your brain,” Kat told him. Matt stood up but it was to late, I was already lost in the sea of grinding couples.

“Shit....” Matt sighed and made his way through the crowd on his search to look for me.

There the bitch was, standing there with her friends, she had absolutely no right to bring my daughter into this little dispute that she has with me.

“Amy...look who it is,” Alice whispered and pointed. Amy turned around and soon was face to face with me, she had a sweet smile on her face and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“Can I help you?”she asked me sweetly.

“Yes a matter of fact you can. Stop talking about me and leave my daughter out of this little fight,”

“What are you talking about?” Amy asked.

“Don’t play stupid with me Amy I know that you were talking shit about me to Matt,”

Amy laughed and crossed her arms over her chest. “So what if I was, are you afraid of a little challenge?”

I laughed and took a few steps closer to her looking her dead in the eye. “No, I’m a mother and I don’t appreciate you talking about my child. And you’re the farthest thing from a challenge,”

Amy scoffed and looked me up and down. “I don’t even see what Matt see’s in you. All your trying to do is trap him in a relationship,”

I looked at her like she was stupid. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me, poor Matt...” she mocked me.

Right then I couldn’t take it anymore, all those fighting class’s my father signed me up for finally paid off. With one swing of my right fist I slammed into Amy’s jaw causing her to stumble back. Her scream caused a few people to look at me, they then started to cheer the fight on. I through a few more punches soon causing Amy to get on her back, I jumped on her throwing a few more punches to her face.

I was then pulled off of her by Matt, he wrapped his arms around me from behind he was stronger then me and I still tried to go after Amy.

“Let me go!” I screamed.

“Loren that’s enough come with me,” Matt told me as he lead me outside.

“Breathe...” he told me softly as he touched my cheeks. I was shaking I haven’t been this mad in a really long time, it just didn’t make since to me that someone would talk about a two year child like that.

“She had no right...” I sniffled a few times leaning my head on his chest.

“I know...babe...”