In The Name Of

Chapter Seven

Casey stayed the night, in fact she is the only friend that is allowed to stay the night on a school night. My dad loves her he thinks that she is a smart girl, and I have to agree but she is only smart on occasions but know matter how much I pick on her I love her like a sister. We had just finished dinner and Casey and I were upstairs in my room watching television, Adrianne was sitting next to me holding her teddy bear that my dad got her for her birthday last year, she hasn't let that thing out of her sight in a long time.

Casey was laying on the bed with a spoon full of cookies and cream ice cream, which was one of her favorites watching our favorite sit com, Two and a Half Men.

“You know...what us going to prom means right?” Casey asked me as she set her spoon down. I look at her after pulling little Adrianne in my arms much to her displeasure, I kiss the top of her head and smile as I hear her giggle.

“What?” I asked her.

Casey sat up and faced me, pulling her hair back into a messy pony tail she looked at me with a smile on her face.

“I don't like that look your giving me Case'...” I told her with a smile on my face.

“Shopping.” Casey said with a smile on her face, my face fell and sighed leaning back against the head board of the bed. I hated going dress shopping, I was always so hectic...you had to find the absolute perfect dress. To be honest I really wanted to look my best for this dance, and that means no dresses from Ross. I want a real nice dress, something that will knock Matt off his feet if I have to I'll dip into my college fund. I'll just have to keep that a secret from my father, he would kill me for doing it.

“I don't wanna go dress shopping...” I whined and pouted trying to see if the face would work on her this time. But sadly it didn't work, she stood up and walked over to her school bag and took out a magazine. This magazine is what Casey likes to call her 'bible', it shows all of the best dresses and tuxes she then took a seat next to Adrianne and I. I have to admit that some of these dresses are stunning, and the good thing about this magazine the store is just in Los Angeles.

“I think you and I are going to have a girls day,” Casey told me as she kissed Adrianne on the cheek.

“I wanna go mama!” Adrianne smiled brightly up at me. Casey smiled and looked through the bible, I sigh and look at the clock.

“You can go with Casey and I if you go to bed with out any fighting, okay?”

Adrianne quickly got off the bed and held her small hand out to me, with a bright smile on her cute little face. “Come on mama'...” she told me softly. I laugh and scoot off the bed scooping her up in my arms kissing her all over her face, I can't picture my life with out her now.

“Okay, come one little trouble maker.” I smile and made my way to her bedroom. Her door was white with a gold crown on it, with her name underneath it once I walked it I turned on the light and smiled as I saw her princess themed room. I walked over and laid her down gently on her pink and purple princess canopy bed she snuggled into her pillow and looked into my eyes. She has amazing hazel colored eyes, sadly she gets them from her father but hers are much more pretty.

Pulling her covers over her small body I kissed her cheek and touch her face softly, she took my finger in hers and smiled softly. I lay next to her like I did every night and held her small body closer to my own, I kiss her head and smile a sweet smile as I see her looking into my eyes.

“Mama..”

“Yes baby girl?” I ask her softly.

“Where's daddy?” That hit me like a ton of bricks, what do I tell a two year old girl about her father leaving me when I told him that I was pregnant? I sigh and kiss her softly on the nose and poke her tummy slightly.

“Daddy is playing hide and seek sweet heart...we'll find him.” I told her softly. She nodded and snuggled close to me, soon falling asleep. I couldn't help but feel the lump in my throat, what if I never do find Adrianne a real father? I swallowed and made the lump go away, I have to be strong for my daughter and that is what I am going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update!