Big Changes

024:

Chapter Twenty Four
-Mckayla-
As I was packing my bag, getting ready to head to spring break with my friends, my phone went off. I saw that Sidney was calling me. I smiled and answered my phone, “Hey Sid! You ready for the beach?!”

“Yeah, that’s why I’m calling,” he said and I looked at my phone confused and then sat on the bed, “I’m not going to be able to make it.”

“What? Why?” I asked and he sighed.

“I have an interview to do and then Coach wants me to sit down with him and plan lines for the next game,” Sidney said and I sighed, “I know, I know, I’m sorry.”

“Damn, I really wanted to see you again,” I said and Sidney sighed.

“I’m sorry, Kay,” Sidney said and I sighed.

“It’s all right, are the others still coming?”

“Yeah, they’ll be there, but with me as Captain, it’s my-“

“Responsibility, yeah I know, I know,” I said and then heard a knock on my door, “Well I have to go, I’ll talk to you later Sid.”

“All right, have fun at the beach,” Sidney said and I sighed.

“I will, we’ll photoshop your picture into everything,” I laughed and heard Sidney chuckle.

“See ya, Kay.”

“Bye Sid,” I said as the door opened and Danny walked into the room.

“Who’s Sid?” Danny asked as he walked in and sat on my bed.

“A friend from Pittsburgh, he’s not going to make it to the beach,” I said and Danny looked at me and nodded his head, “He’s just a friend.”

“I didn’t say anything,” he said and I scoffed.

“You’re look gave you away, Danny,” I said and he sighed and I smirked, sat up and kissed his cheek, “You don’t have to worry.”

“Are you almost packed?” he asked and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Almost, just a few more outfits,” I said and Danny looked at my suitcase and scoffed.

“Babe, we’re going to the beach for a week, not a year,” Danny chuckled as he looked at all of the outfits, “All you need are two outfits.”

“Oh yeah?” I asked and stood in front of him, “And what are they?”

Danny pushed me onto the bed and climbed on top of me. As he did that, I had a flashback of when Wes was on top of me and nearly freaked out, “Kay? Kay! Are you all right?” Danny asked as he sat up and pulled me up, “Are you all right?”

“Uh, I ya, um,” I said as I held myself and then brought my knees up, “Sorry.”

“Hey, it’s all right,” he said and then pushed my face up to look at me, “Are you all right? What happened?”

‘…You have to tell him…’ I thought as I looked at the concern on Danny’s face, ‘…He needs to know, he’s not like Wes…’

“Mckayla, what’s wrong?”

“I ya, I need to tell you something,” I said and Danny looked at me and nodded his head, “Sorry, I just, when you did that, it just reminded me of something.”

“What? What are you talking about?” he asked and I took a deep breath and looked at him.

“When I was in Pittsburgh,” I started and looked at the bed, “I was rapped.”

“Mckayla,” Danny said and then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest, “I’m so sorry.”

“I didn’t mean to freak out, I just-“

“No, it’s all right, I was moving too fast, I didn’t mean-“

“No, it’s my fault, I have issues,” I said and Danny pulled my face towards him and he pressed his lips onto mine.

Danny pulled up and looked at me, his face inches from mine, “Mckayla, I like you, I like you a lot,” he said and I looked him in the eyes, “I would never hurt you,” he said and the look on his face was honest, “Never.”

“Danny,” I said and placed my hands on his shoulders. I gulped and then shivered as I felt Danny’s breath on my face, “I like you a lot too,” I pressed my lips onto Danny’s and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his arms around my waist and he held me tight. I pulled back and smiled towards him, “So what were the two outfits that I should bring?”

“I was going to say your bathing and birthday suit, but I’m not going to force you to do anything you don’t want to,” he said and I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you,” I said and Danny smirked and nodded his head.

-Danny-
“So when are your friends coming?” Ashley asked Mckayla as we all walking into the house that we rented that was right on the beach.

“Um, they’ll be here on Monday,” she said and then looked towards Alicia and smiled, “Trust me, you’ll like them, they’re a lot of fun.”

“So what are their names?” Anna asked as Mckayla pulled her bags into the house.

“Um, well there’s Kris, Jordan, Max, Tyler, Geno and I think my friend Marc and Vero,” Mckayla said and Alicia stood up.

“I thought they weren’t coming? Wait, what about Sid?”

“They weren’t, but now I think they are, and Sid called me, he can’t make it,” Mckayla said and Alicia nodded her head.

“Why are they all dudes?” Ben asked and I sighed wondering the same thing.

“Girls can be bitches and I get along better with guys,” Mckayla answered and Alicia laughed, walked over towards Mckayla and hugged her.

“Thank you, sometimes I think the same way.”

-Mckayla-
We’ve been at the beach since Friday night and we were having a blast. Danny and I were walking on the beach, our fingers laced and I was kicking the sand when my phone went off. I looked at it and saw that Jordan had texted me saying that they all had landed and were on their way to the eight bedroom beach front house that we all rented. Danny and I were sharing a room, there were two beds in the room, we just pushed them together and had one big bed. Danny respected the fact that I wanted to take things slow, so we would cuddle at night, but that’s it. Ben and Alicia were sharing a room and then Anna and Ashley were sharing a bunk bed in another room.

I rushed Danny back to the house and I picked up the things that needed to be picked up. We were home for about ten minutes before I heard a car horn and got excited because they were here. I was sitting on the couch with Danny, when I jumped up and ran towards the door. I opened the door and saw the guys coming out of two SUVs.

“KAY!!!” Jordan yelled happily as he saw me first.

I smiled brightly and ran down the stairs and over towards him. I jumped up, and wrapped my whole body around him, “How are you?” I smiled and felt Jordan put me down.

“I’m good, Kay, this is Heather, my girlfriend,” Jordan introduced and I looked at the girl who came up from behind Jordan.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” I smiled and Heather and I shook hands.

“Kay!” I heard and turned only to be attacked in a hug from Geno, Kris and Max.

“All right, all right, let the poor girl go before you kill her,” I heard and saw Marc walking behind ever.

“Hey Kay.”

“Marc! How are you? Where’s Vero?”

“Right here!” I heard and turned to be attacked with arms from the petite woman.

After we said our hellos to everyone, I walked them into the house and saw everyone in the living room, “Guys, I like to introduce my friends.”

“Holy shit,” Ben said as he stood and his eyes were wide. I laughed and hoped that that would be his reaction, “Kay, what the hell?!”

“What?” Anna asked, “What is it?”

Ben walked over towards me and hugged me and then turned us around and started shaking all the guys’ hands, “You’re friends with the Pittsburgh Penguins.”

“What?” Danny asked and I looked back towards him and nodded my head, “So wait, all those texts and calls from a ‘Sid’, was that Sidney Crosby?”

“Yeah, he’s a friend of mine,” I said and smiled.

“How?” Danny asked and I smiled and felt Geno and Kris wrap their arms around my shoulders.

“Pascal Dupuis is my Uncle,” I said and Danny’s face nearly fell, “Guys meet my Pittsburgh friends; Geno, Kris, Tyler, Max, Jordan, his girlfriend, Heather, Marc and his girlfriend, Vero,” I introduced, “Guys meet my Michigan friends: Ashley, Anna, Alicia, her boyfriend Ben, and then my boyfriend, Danny.”

“Wait, what now?” Jordan asked and he pulled my hair back so that I was forced to look at him, “Why didn’t I know this information? Am I not your best friend?!”

“Hey well, I didn’t tell a lot of people a lot of things, so ya’ll didn’t know about each other,” I said and shrugged my shoulders.

“Does Sid know?” Kris asked and I shook my head.

I heard someone mutter ‘oh boy’, it sounded like Max, but I didn’t say anything.

“All right, let’s have a fun Spring break!”