‹ Prequel: You're Still the One
Status: Updating Regularly

Parenthood

Special Kind of Love

The wedding and reception was a success. We went an entire day without Emma mentioning anything about what had happened earlier today. I grinned when I found Emma fast asleep on a church pew. “Billie, will you get her?” I asked while fishing the car keys out of his pants pocket. Billie raised his eyebrows.

“Feeling frisky are we?” He teased. I rolled my eyes.

“You wish.” I retorted. Billie winked at me as he crouched down to get Emma.

“C'mon sleepy head, it's time to go home.” He whispered while lifting her off the pew and resting her head on his shoulder.

“I'm sleepy, Daddy.” She mumbled. Billie ran his hand up and down her back.

“I know, baby.” He whispered while we walked to the parking lot. When Emma was secured safely in her car seat we made our way home. It was silent for the most part, until Billie reached over and placed his hand on my knee, slowly inching his way up my thigh.

“Just what do you think you're doing?” I scolded. Billie smirked.

“The wedding made think about when we got married and how much 'fun' we had that night.” He answered, making an emphasize on fun. I scoffed.

“Our child is in the back seat, ya know.” Billie smirked and removed his hand.

“Jules, lighten up. You know I wouldn't do anything with her in the car.” He answered. I smiled as I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“I know you wouldn't, and might I add that you looked quite handsome today?” I purred. Billie grinned.

“Are you just saying that to make up for the sex we won't be having tonight.” He laughed. I smirked.

“Maybe...” Billie laughed as we pulled into the driveway.

“It's okay, after this morning I'd rather not chance her seeing anything else.” He said while opening his door. I smiled as I reached back and tugged gently on Emma's foot.

“Emma, we're home.” I cooed.

Emma whined a little and remained asleep. I looked over at Billie as he got out of the car.

“I've got her.” He said as he went to open her door. He gently picked her up and kissed the side of her head. Emma mumbled something that was incoherent. “Shh.” Billie soothed as we walked in the house. I set my purse down on the couch and touched Emma's back.

“I'll take her.” I whispered as I removed her from Billie's arms and took her to her bedroom. It was a little past her bedtime and after all the cake she ate, I knew she was out for the night. When I finally got her out of the dress and into her pajamas she woke up long enough to say good night.

“Goodnight, Mommy.” She whispered sleepily. I leaned over and kissed her head.

“Good night, my little love.” I said while standing up and closing her door quietly. When I walked into our bedroom, Billie was standing in only his dress pants. I grinned as I came up, hugged him from behind, and wrapped my arms around his stomach. Billie touched my hand. “Hey, what are you doing?” He asked quietly. I kissed his shoulder. “I want you.” I purred. Billie turned to where our hips were touching and raised his eyebrows.

“What about Emma?” He whispered while pushing the hem of my dress up. I pressed my lips to his and whispered, “We can be quiet” as I gently pushed him back on the bed.

~***~

I woke up this morning with a very sore neck. I grinned as I remembered last nights turn of events. It had been a few weeks since we had last had sex, so we ended up fucking like bunnies all night. Billie had already been up, and I assumed so had Emma. I got up and took a quick shower. I quietly crept out of our room to Emma's door to find her sitting in Billie's lap on the floor. Billie had a barbie doll in his hand.

“Is this how it goes?” Billie asked while putting the doll dress on backwards. Emma giggled.

“No, Daddy it goes like this.” She said while taking the doll from him and doing it herself. Billie smiled while he watched Emma do it the 'right' way. When she was finished, Emma laid the doll down and hugged Billie's arm.“Daddy, I love you.” She said suddenly.Billie smiled and kissed her head.

“Not as much as I love you.” He whispered. I watched as Emma reached down and grabbed Billie's hand.

“Daddy?” She questioned while running her finger over his wedding band.

“Hmm?”

“Why do you always wear this ring?” She asked. Billie looked down at his hand and smiled.

“It's my wedding ring. It shows everybody that I'm married to Mommy.” He answered. Emma nodded.

“Does Mommy wear one, too?” She asked while trying to pull it off his finger.

“Mmhmm.” Billie answered while tugging his ring off and handing to her. She studied the round circle of gold and frowned.

“What does married mean?” She questioned. Billie scratched his head as he thought for a moment.

“Well, married means that Mommy and Daddy only love each other, and I love Mommy a lot.” He answered. Emma nodded.

“I love Mommy a lot too...does that mean I can marry her?” She asked. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. Billie chuckled.

“No, baby. It's a special kind of love that me and Mommy feel.” He explained. “Mommy is my wife, and that means I only love Mommy in the special kind of way.” He added. “Do you understand?” Emma nodded her head.

“Mommy loves you in the special way too?” She questioned. Billie looked up at me from the doorway where I stood and smiled.

“Yeah, Mommy loves me in the special kind of way.” He answered while putting his ring back on his finger. I could have melted into a puddle right then and there. Some how, Billie always figured out a way to explain things to her so that she understands. It always amazes me how good he is with her. I put my finger to my lips and walked into the living room. While Billie is entertaining her, I could get some things done around the house without Emma leaving a trail of toys behind me.

~***~

I heard Emma giggling as I finished cleaning up the living room. I smiled to myself as I put the remainder of her toys in her basket beside the TV. I was about to go start on the kitchen when I heard Billie cry out in pain.

“Oh, shit!”

My head snapped to attention as my 'mommy instincts' kicked in and I raced to Emma's room. We tried not to swear in front of Emma, for the fear that she would repeat it, so I knew something was wrong. Billie was sitting on the floor, clutching his nose as blood ran down his chin, and Emma was standing there crying. “What happened?” I exclaimed while helping Billie stand up. I guided him towards the kitchen and pressed a dish towel to his nose. Billie tilted his head back.

“Emma was jumping on her bed and she leaped off and nailed me in the nose.” He mumbled into the towel.I put my hand on the back of his neck and continued to hold the towel against his nose.

“Aww, my poor baby.” I cooed while trying to see the damage. It didn't appear to be broken, just bloody. Billie replaced my hand with his and pointed towards Emma's room.

“I'm okay, go check on her. She freaked when she saw my nose.” He mumbled. I nodded and went to get Emma. When I walked in her room, I didn't see her anywhere. I looked from side to side.

“Emma?” I called while bending down to see if she was under her bed. When I didn't see her I stood back up. I heard sniffling coming from her closet and quietly went to open the door. I found her sitting in her closet, her face wet with tears.“Oh, Emma.” I said while crouching down in front of her. She sniffled and wrapped her arms and legs around me, continuing to cry. I stood up slowly and rocked back and forth.

“I hurt, Daddy.” She wailed.I kissed her head.

“Daddy's okay, baby. You didn't mean to.” I comforted.Emma sniffled and wiped her nose on my shoulder

“Daddy, cry?” She whimpered. I shook my head.

“No, Daddy's not crying.” I soothed.Emma sniffled.

“You wanna go see, Daddy?” I asked while walking out of her room and stopping in the hallway.Emma shook her head.

“No, Daddy hurt.” She answered. I sighed and walked her into the kitchen, where Billie was standing behind the sink, rinsing off the dirty dish towel. His nose had obviously quit bleeding. Emma's head was resting in the crook of my neck.

“Look, Daddy's okay.” I whispered while moving her hair out of her face.

She looked at Billie and then turned her head. Billie walked away from the sink and over to us. He reached out and took Emma out of my arms.

“Emma, I'm okay. Daddy knows you didn't mean to.” He soothed. “Are you going to listen the next time I tell you to stop jumping on the bed?” He asked while swaying her back and forth. Emma nodded and held his face in her little hands and kissed his nose.

“ I'm sorry, Daddy.” She whispered. I grinned at Emma's apology. I knew she meant it. Billie smiled.

“It's okay, munchkin. Don't sweat it.” He answered. Emma grinned.

“Don't sweat it?” She questioned. Billie nodded.

“Don't sweat it.” He repeated while kissing her forehead. He sat her down on the floor and grinned.

“Hey, Emma do you wanna go with Daddy to the store?” He asked. Emma nodded quickly.

“Go get your jacket.” He told her and with that she raced off toward her room. I smiled and held Billie's face.

“Hey, now we both have been nailed in the nose.” I teased, remembering that night at Gilman. Billie chuckled. I reached of and gingerly touch his nose. He winced in pain. I gasped and stood on my tip toes to kiss his nose.“Aww, baby, I'm sorry.” I cooed. Billie held his nose.

“Daddy might need some more alone time with Mommy after this.” He said. I raised my eyebrows.

“Oh, really? And why is that?” I played along. Billie stuck out his bottom lip.

“My nose hurts, I need something to distract me from the pain.” He whined. I rolled my eyes and kissed his nose again.

“If you get her in bed tonight at a decent hour, we'll see.” I purred. Billie's eyes lit up and he called for Emma.

“Hey, Emma do wanna go to the park too?” He asked. Emma ran up and hugged his legs.

“Yes!” She exclaimed. I frowned.

“The park?” I questioned. Billie nodded.

“She'll get tired faster.” He answered while picking her up and smirking as he walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Thank YOU to those of you who have already subscribed! Wow! So, what do you guys think so far? Like it? Let me know. :)

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo