‹ Prequel: You're Still the One
Status: Updating Regularly

Parenthood

Tooth Fairy

Emma recovered quickly from the night before and was already running around the house when I got up.“Hi, Mommy!” Emma exclaimed while zipping past me and into the kitchen.

“Hi, Emma. Do you feel better?” I asked while picking her up and sitting her on the counter. Emma nodded.

“Where's Daddy?” Emma asked. I motioned towards our room.

“Daddy's sleeping so you need to be quiet for a little while, okay?” Emma nodded again.

“I'm hungry.” She announced.I chuckled.For a child that had been throwing up all night to already be hungry amazed me.

“Want some toast?” I asked, hoping she would go light on her stomach today. Emma nodded and looked down at Leroy.

“Mommy! Did you know that Leroy can fly?” She asked. I raised my eyebrows as I put a piece of bread in the toaster.

“No, I didn't know that. How does he fly, Emma?” I asked. Emma had me get her off the counter and raced into the living room. She held Leroy up in the air and quickly ran around the coffee table.

“Like this, Mommy!” She said while running.I smiled.

“Emma, be careful running. You don't want to bust your lip again, do you?” Emma stopped running and shook her head quickly.

“No, no Mommy.” She answered. I placed her toast on a plate and set it on the table.

“Come eat, lovebug.” I told her. Emma sat down in her chair and put Leroy next to her plate and 'shared' her toast with him. When she was finished, she climbed down and began skipping around the room.

“Look, Mommy, I can skip!” She exclaimed. I smiled and put her plate in the sink.

“That's great, baby.” She was humming the “Dumbo” song as she skipped when I noticed some of the rug in front of the door had been flipped up.

“Emma be-” I started to warn her just as she tripped over the rug and slammed her little face into the door hinge. I gasped and ran over to her. She was silent for a minute, not making a sound. Her lip trembled as she opened her mouth to reveal a very bloody front tooth.

“Mommy!” She wailed as I picked her up. I was already gagging. I'm not so good when it comes to bloody teeth so I was dreading having to look again.

“Let Mommy see.” I choked out.She opened her mouth enough and I slowly wiggled the bloody tooth. She didn't like that at all.

“Ow!” She wailed. Shit. It was loose and just kept bleeding. I sat her down on the couch and raced to our bedroom.

“Billie!” I whispered as I shook him awake.

“Hmm?” He said sleepily. He blinked a few times and his eyes widened when he heard Emma's cries.

“Is she sick again?” He asked while sitting up and rubbing his eyes. I shook my head and tried not to gag.

“She tripped over the rug and fell into the door hinge. Her front tooth is loose.” I told him. “Babe, you have to handle it, you know how I am about teeth.” I said while covering my mouth. Billie stood up and yanked on his jeans.

“God, it never ends.” He muttered while opening the door.I followed him into the living room and when Emma noticed him she leaped off the couch and ran straight to him.

“Daddy!” She wailed. Billie crouched down and picked her up.

“Hey, munchkin.” He soothed while moving her hair out of her face. There was blood on the outside of her mouth and on her fingers from where she had been touching her tooth. Billie sat down on the couch with her on his knee.“Okay, let Daddy see your tooth.” He whispered. She sniffled and opened her mouth. Billie wiggled it again and confirmed he'd probably have to pull it.

“Daddy, am I broken?” She whimpered. Billie shook his head.

“No, baby you're not broken.” He cooed while running his finger along her chin to clean off some of the blood.“Your baby tooth is loose. If you'll let Daddy pull it a big tooth will grow in its place.” He explained.Emma leaned against his chest.

“Will it hurt?” She whimpered. Billie bit his lip and looked at me.

“Um, maybe for a second.” He answered. Emma sniffled.

“I don't want my tooth pulled!” She whimpered. I went and grabbed a roll of paper towels and hid them behind my back. Billie smoothed her hair.

“Mommy has all of her big teeth.” Emma put her hand over mouth and shook her head.

“So does Daddy.” I added.Emma looked around the room.

“What about Leroy?” She asked.I smiled and picked up Leroy off the floor and put him up to my ear.

“What's that? Oh, you have? Okay, I'll tell her.” I looked at Emma.

“Leroy says that he already lost his baby teeth, Emma.”Emma rubbed her eye.

“Really?” She asked. I nodded.

“He also told me about this person called the Tooth Fairy. He said if you put your tooth under your pillow tonight, the Tooth Fairy will come a leave you a present.” I explained. Emma scratched her head.

“I like presents.” She whispered. I smiled.

“I know you do, so will you let Daddy pull your tooth?” I asked. Emma looked up at Billie and he smiled.

“It'll only take a second, munchkin.” He promised. Emma still shook her head. I sighed. She's pretty stubborn when she wants to be. Billie scratched his head. Hey, Emma you wanna hear a story?” He asked. Emma nodded.Billie cleared his throat. “One time, when Uncle Mike and I where playing outside, I fell and knocked out one of my baby teeth.” He told her. Emma's eyes widened.

“Did it hurt?” She asked. Billie nodded.

“For a minute, but then Uncle Mike fell in the same spot and knocked out one of his baby teeth.” Emma gasped.

“Did you cry?” She asked. Billie shook his head.

“No, because we're tough. Are you tough, Emma?” He asked. Emma nodded.

“I'm very tough Daddy!” She exclaimed.Billie grinned.

“Well, if you're so tough you should be able to handle a little baby tooth.” He challenged. Emma nodded.

“Will you do it really fast, Daddy?” She questioned. Billie nodded.

“As fast as I can, baby.” He vowed as he motioned for me to bring him the paper towels. He tore off one and opened Emma's mouth.

“On the count of three Daddy will pull it, okay? He whispered.Emma nodded and shut her eyes. Billie held her tooth and started counting.“One, two...three!” He tugged down and her tooth came out instantly. I turned away at the sight of more blood. Billie held the paper towel where her tooth use to be and grinned. “It's over, baby girl. Look, this is your tooth.” He said while holding it out in his hand. Emma opened her eyes and looked down.

“I didn't even feel it Daddy!” She said, but it came out muffled because of the paper towel. Billie chuckled.

“Told you it wasn't so bad. Look, now you’re like me and Mommy.” Emma smiled.

“And Uncle Mike?” She questioned. Billie nodded.

“Yes, and Uncle Mike.” He answered.

“I'm tough, Daddy!” She exclaimed.Billie nodded and kissed her head.

“Yes, you're very tough, Emma.” He cooed. I smiled and crouched down beside them.

“Hey, Emma do you want a Popsicle?” I asked. I figured the coldness of the Popsicle would clot the bleeding from her tooth quicker. Emma nodded and looked at Leroy.

“Hey! Now I'm like Leroy too!” She squealed. Billie and I both laughed.

“Yes, Emma you are.” I said while sitting her down on the counter. Emma looked towards Billie.

“Daddy, can we show Uncle Mike my tooth?” She asked. Billie looked at me and smiled.

“Sure, after you eat your Popsicle.” He answered while sitting on the counter next to her. I handed her a Popsicle and kissed Billie's cheek.

“I had never heard that story before.” I told him. Billie leaned close to my ear.

“That's because it never happened.” He whispered. I looked at him in shock as he winked at me. He leaned over and tapped Emma on the shoulder.

“Hey, Emma, what's that?” He asked. She turned around and he stole a bite from her Popsicle. Emma turned back around and looked down.

“Hey, who ate my Popsicle?” She said angrily.Billie smirked.

“It was Leroy.” He said with his mouth full. Emma glared at him.

“Leroy's on the couch, Daddy.” She said matter-of-factly. I covered my mouth to keep from giggling. Emma glared at him again.

“Say your sorry, Daddy.” She lisped. Her missing tooth caused her to have a small lisp and Billie and I couldn't control our laughter.

“What's so funny?” She asked. I leaned my head into Billie's shoulder and continued laughing. Billie shook his head.

“Nothing, baby. Daddy's sorry.” He apologized while still laughing. Emma accepted it and went back to her Popsicle.

“Billie, we're awful.” I whispered. Billie nodded and wrapped his arms around me.

“The worst.” He said while continuing to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo! already 16 subscribers! You guys are amaaazzing! Let me know what you thought of this one! :)

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo