Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

10.

“I need to know what room Selena Gomez is in.” I yelled in a panic at the nurse that sat at the nurses’ station. I have been in a panic and shaking ever since Joe called me that he had to take Selena to the hospital. In fucking New York! I can’t even begin to process it all. She runs out of Alex’s place and ends up in New York with Joe? Why would they even be together? They aren’t even really friends. They are civil to one another, but friends, no. And why the hell is she even in New York?

“I’m sorry, ma’am but if you’re not family I can’t give you any information.” the nurse told me which pissed me off.

“Look, she is my best friend and I have known her since I was seven years old, she is my family by choice! So tell me where the hell she is!” I screamed at her. Alex and Jack held me back so I wouldn’t start throwing punches.

“You’ll have to talk to her brother’s, miss.” she said which confused me because the only sibling Selena has is Gracie and she is a baby.

“Yo, bitch, Selena is my cousin, I am her family, so you will tell me what room she is in!” Priscilla demanded.

“Like I told your friend, you’ll have to take it up with her brothers. Her file said no one is to go back until her brothers are notified.” the nurse said then walked away from us.

Before I could ask her what kind of drugs she was on to think Selena had brothers, I heard a voice call my name. I turned around and saw Blanda and Olivia walking toward us. That’s when it hit me, Joe and Nick are pretending to be Selena’s brothers to be with her. But again, why the hell are they even here? Both guys are in committed relationships. I know Nick keeps in contact with Selena but why pretend to be her brother for information. He and Joe know I would be here and give them all the answers they need. I need fucking answers and fast.

“Hey, Demi. We were waiting for you to get here.” Blanda said as she gave me a hug. “Joe and Nick are in the back with Selena right now. I just text Joe to let him know you are here.”

“What the hell happened and why the hell was Selena with you guys?” I asked her still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

“She was only with Joe. He called us after he was already here because he was scared out of his mind. And all I can tell you is that they had lunch and when he was walking her to her car she started having really bad pains in her stomach so he rushed her here.” Blanda explained.

“Oh my god, the baby.” I gasped. “Do you know if the baby is okay?” a few tears slid down my cheeks.

Blanda shook her head as I heard Joe call my name. I turned around and ran to him, hugging him tightly. “How is she?”

“She’s okay for the most part.” he said.

“The baby?”

“You should go be with her. All of you, she’s been waiting on you guys to get here.” Joe told us. “Oh and she wants to make sure that no one called Brian.”

“We didn’t.” I shook my head. “But before we go back, I want to know what the hell she was doing here in New York with you.”

“I honestly have no idea why she is here. I got a phone call from her this morning and asked if I was in the city and when I told her I was she asked to meet me. I was shocked but agreed to meet with her.” Joe shrugged but I know he is keeping something from me. I’ve known him long enough to know when he is lying to me.

“Joseph Adam Jonas, I swear to you if you don’t tell me what’s going on, I will never talk to you again.” I poked him in the chest with my finger.

“I swear it’s nothing bad. She just wanted to talk about the wedding. She’s planning something special for you and wanted my help. I’m still confused as to why she wanted my help when she has plenty of other people she could have asked.” Joe defended himself, but I can still tell that he was keeping something from me but I am too tired to keep arguing with him right now. I will figure it out later. Right now I just need to go check on Selena.

“I’ll figure out what you’re hiding.” I warned him.

“There’s nothing.” he ran his hands down his face. “Selena is in room 513.”

I didn’t say anything, I just turned and walked down the hallway with Taylor and Priscilla following close behind. I heard Alex thank Joe but nothing more than that. When I entered Selena’s room, she was laying on her side facing away from the door. “Selena?” I called out.

She rolled over and her face was wet with tears. My heart sank, please don’t let her be crying because she lost the baby. I don’t think she will survive it if she had. I walked over to her and sat on the bed next her. She immediately wrapped her arms around me and silently cried. Priscilla sat on her other side while Taylor sat on the foot of the bed. Jack, Lisa and Alex walked in a few seconds later, Jack looked at me trying to ask about the baby without having to say the words. I still have no idea so all I could do was shrug.

“Sel, are you okay?” Jack asked worriedly as he walked over to the bed.

Selena looked up at him, wiping away her tears and sniffed. “I’m okay.”

“How about the baby?” He gulped not really wanting to ask her but we were all curious and worried.

“The baby is going to be okay. The doctor said that my blood pressure was through the roof and caused the baby to go into distress. Luckily I got here in time and they got it under control otherwise the outcome wouldn’t have been so good.” She sighed. “But the doctor did say that I had to be on bed rest for two weeks then had to go in for a check up and have some tests to make sure everything is okay.”

“So if the baby is okay, they why are you crying?” Alex asked her confused.

“Because I did something bad, and I’m about to drag you guys into my mess. You can leave this room now and never know what I’m about to do so you don’t have to betray your friend but I have made up my mind and I am going to dig my relationships grave.” she explained not looking up at us. All she did was play with the bed sheet.

“We always back you one hundred percent, no matter what. You know that Selena.” Taylor said and we all agreed. “So what are you about to do?”

“Demi, facetime Alex.” she told me. I gave her a confused look. Where was she going with this? Whatever it is, it can’t be good. I know she said she’s digging a grave for her relationship, but how? Selena just told me to do as she asked so I did.

“Hey babe.” Alex’s face lit up my phone screen. “Where are you?”

“I’m, um, at the hospital.”

“What the fuck? Are you okay?” Alex yelled in shock causing a ruckus in the background. I heard various people ask what was going on and Alex saying I was in the hospital. He obviously misunderstood what I said.

“I’m not in the hospital, just at the hospital. Selena is the one who was admitted.” I tried to calm him down which just made things a bit worse. Brian started to panic, then for some strange reason Connor started to panic. Why is he panicking? I know he had a major crush on Selena and everyone on that tour bus is worried, but they aren’t full on panicking like Connor. That’s when it hit me, what Selena is doing.

“How’s the baby?” Brian took Alex’s phone and asked me.

“The baby is okay.” I told him and he sighed in relief. Selena motioned for me to give her the phone so I handed it to her. “Hey, I know that you’re pissed at me, but please let me explain.”

“Don’t.” Selena cut Brian off. “I don’t care what you did with Crystal. I’m not one to judge right now seeing how I am pregnant with someone else’s baby.”

“What are you even talking about?” Brian asked confused. I looked around the room and people looked shocked but not shocked at the same time. They all saw it coming but, like me, where hoping that Selena wasn’t going down this route.

“It means what it means. You cheated and so did I. This baby isn’t yours.” Selena told Brian as she fought back tears. You could hear it in her voice.

There was commotion in the background then the phone fell to the ground. All I heard was Brian yell ‘you fucking asshole’ and Josh say ‘don’t touch my brother, dude.’ Alex picked up the phone and looked at me and Selena with wide eyes. “You didn’t. Connor, really? Playing with the kids emotions like that?”

Selena brought her index finger to her lips telling Alex to ‘shh’ he seemed to understand what she meant. “I’m so sorry.” she told him then gave me back my phone. I told Alex I would talk to him later and ended the facetime call.

“So what the hell was that?” Priscilla asked in complete confusion.

“I have way too much stress. I can’t contemplate any longer if I can stay with Brian after him cheating on me. And even if I could, does he even want this baby. I saw him get concerned but I think that was more about me being in the hospital again and not about the baby. I’m just worn out so I gave him an out. I text Connor earlier and asked if he could do this for me and he said he would.” Selena shrugged off like it was nothing. For the second time since I’ve arrived at this damn hospital I have caught a friend in a half truth. Selena is keeping something back and I want to know what it is. But the last thing I want is for her to lose this baby so I will keep my mouth shut and get it out of Joe since I’m sure he knows what the hell is going on.

“Why didn’t you ask me to be your fake baby daddy?” Jack joked. I rolled my eyes, those two have gotten so close over the past two years. They probably would be joined at the hip if he lived out in LA.

“Because you dated or are dating my cousin. I can never keep up with you two. Or is it just a friends with benefits deal?” Selena rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. It was nice to see that she can still be happy through all of this drama.

I had zoned out on their conversations when I saw Joe poke his head in the room. “Hey I just wanted to check on you before I left.”

“I’m good now. Thanks for bringing me here and staying with me until these nerds got here.” Selena thanked Joe. It was still odd to me that they were so chatty. I’d understand if it were Nick, but not so much Joe. Though Joe has been oddly enough really nice to Selena and Taylor over the past year.

“No problem.” Joe shrugged. “Like I said, my little brother would kill me if anything happened to you. Plus we were all close at one point. Just because we all grew up and went our own ways, doesn’t mean that I stopped caring about our little group.”

“We were once so close, you can never just forget all of that. If we just stopped caring and being there for each other in the bad times, then it means that our friendships were just fake. You and Nick being here means a lot to me.” Selena smiled. Now I know that something else is going on. What bad times? What is going on? This is going to be the death of me.

I followed Joe out when he left. “Hey, we’ve got to talk.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, Demi.” he said as he kept walking away from me.

I followed him out to the waiting room where Nick, Blanda and Olivia were still sitting. “No, you will tell me what the fuck is going on.” Neither boy made an effort to say anything so I continued. “Joe, why would you take a meeting with Selena? Nick why would you rush over here and pretend to be your ex's brother? Olivia how can you stand here and be okay with all of this? Him being so worried about Selena and staying by her side while you just wait in the waiting area. You know that two years ago he all but begged Selena to get back together with him? Hell, they almost did if she had continued her fake amnesia.”

“It’s about being comfortable in your relationship to be able to trust the person. I trust Nick enough to be there for a person he once loved and not worry that he will stray. I know he loves me and thats all I need to know.” Olivia told me confidently.

“How can you be that confident though? How can you trust that much?” I asked. This was more about my own relationship than hers with Nick. I just saw my best friend’s heart break because she trusted Brian as much as Olivia trusts Nick.

“Are you really asking Olivia, or are you asking yourself that question?” Nick raised an eyebrow curiously. “Look I know all about how Brian cheated on Selena. I want to punch the guy. And we both know I didn’t have a stellar reputation in my past, but I’ve grown up. I would never play Olivia the way I played Selena and Miley.”

“I know you wouldn’t, I didn’t mean it that way.” I apologized to Nick. “I just, I don’t know.” I sighed, pushing my hair out of my face.

“If you don’t trust Alex, then should you be getting married?” Joe questioned.

“I do trust him!” I snapped. “It’s just Selena trusted Brian and look what happened. Brian and Alex are best friends, one and the same.” I laughed at my pun. “If Brian can do that, then wouldn’t Alex do the same?”

“You and Selena are best friends but you’re not the same person. You make your own mistakes. Just because Brian is Alex’s best friend doesn’t mean that he will make Brian’s mistakes. And I’ve met Alex, he seems like a good guy. I see the way he looks at you, like you’re the only person in the world. You don’t have anything to worry about.” Joe tried to reassure me as he pulled me into a hug.

“I keep telling myself that, but then I remember Selena cutting herself. She went down my path, never as bad but she did. Then Brian always looked at Selena like she was a princess.” I scratched my head. “But then again, he never believed her about Debby. Maybe he wasn’t the guy I thought and hoped. Then there is this mess with the baby. He seemed to not want anything to do with a permanent commitment.”

“See.” Blanda said. “Brian doesn’t seem like a stand up guy. Not saying he isn’t a good person, but maybe he’s just not mature enough for a relationship Selena is looking for now. But like Joe said I’ve met Alex, we’ve double dated, he’s one of the good ones. Don’t stress.”

“Thanks.” I smiled at her. Finally I’m starting to calm down. But things have gotten way off topic. “But don’t think that all of this gets you boys off the hook. I know that you and Selena are hiding something and it’s not wedding talk, it’s something bad, I see it in all of your eyes. I need to know.”

“Demi, it’s nothing that you need to worry about. Please, just forget you know anything.” Nick begged me.

“My best friend is in the hospital and as much as she wants to pass off her stress onto Brian and this baby, I don’t buy it. She was stressing out before the baby, I saw it in her eyes. Everyone did. So something is so bad that she nearly lost her baby.” I retorted, my voice kept getting higher because I’m so angry.

“Selena would kill of you, Demi. She doesn’t want you to know and we promised we wouldn’t say a word unless things escalated. Let us take care of this and if we can’t then we promise you’ll be the first to know what is going on.” Joe said. His eyes begging me to just let this go.

“Fine.” I threw my hands up in defeat. “I’ll let it go, but if I don’t hear about it before my wedding, I will fight you all for answers.”

“No problem.” Joe nodded.

I still don’t get why Selena went to Joe for help and not Jack and Lex but I’m letting this go for now. I just hope I don’t regret it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the baby is okay. That's good. But Demi knows that something is up. Do you think she will really let it go, or will she go digging for answers and get hurt? Dun dun dun. I know a lot of this chapter was kind of repetitive but Demi was just so confused and is still trying to process it all. I promise the next chapters won't be so repetitive.