Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

24.

It’s been a week since the accident and it’s been a week since I’ve seen Alex. After Brian woke up we went our separate ways and I haven’t went to his apartment and he hasn’t been to mine. We’ve text each other a few times but other than that there has been minimal communication. That was until today when my parents and his mom decided to kidnap us and take us out. They took us to breakfast and then we went down to the beach and just sat there and talked. I’m just glad that no one noticed the tension between me and Alex.

About half way back to my apartment, my mom and me and Alex close our eyes and said that we couldn’t open them until she said we could. I had no idea what was going on but it was annoying the crap out of me. I’m not sure if it’s my pregnancy hormones or me just being in a bad mood over fighting with Alex. I wish he could just see where I am coming from. I would never tell him not to be friends with someone but that doesn’t mean I want those people who make me feel uncomfortable thrown in my face. Plus everything that happened with Brian and Crystal, a girl is entitled to be a little insecure, right? I asked him about why he was acting so weird, at first he wouldn’t say why but he finally told me that he had been talking to Debby. He felt bad that she was still so upset over their break up and wanted to help her especially after he saw how unstable she was. He wanted to be the good guy he is, but it obviously blew up in his face.

“Seriously mom, can we open our eyes yet? This crap is getting ridiculous.” I grumbled.

“Demetria, just hush. You’re going to ruin things. You’ll thank me once we get there.” my mom told me. I still don’t get it because we’re just going back to my apartment.

I just laid my head against the window with a sigh. I was so over all of this. I felt Alex’s hand squeeze my own. I know he was trying but I don’t need hand holding, I need him to talk to me. Once we got to wherever we were going my mom said that we had to keep our eyes closed and they would help us out of the car.

“Why do we have to keep our eyes closed?” I whined.

“Because I said so!” my mom chastised.

“Open!” I heard more than one voice say at the same time. I recognized all the voices but I was confused to why any of them would be at my apartment and why this was so secretive.

“What the hell?” I said as I opened my eyes. I noticed that we weren’t at my apartment but at mine and Alex’s house. But I’m confused to why we are here. “Why are we at mine and Alex’s house?” I asked then looked over at a smiling Selena. “And Selena, shouldn’t you be at home with Brian?”

“So many questions.” Selena laughed. “Just follow us.” she said referring to her, Marissa, Madison and Dallas.

“Oh my god!” I gasped as we entered the house. It was painted and fully decorated. I was in awe at how well they did at putting together our house. I know Selena said that her and Dallas had been taking notes on what Alex and I wanted in our house but I never thought that they would have done this well of a job. It’s amazing and I couldn’t ask for a better outcome.

“When did you guys find the time to do all of this?” Alex asked.

“Well I had the place painted about two weeks ago so when you guys went on your honeymoon, all we had to do was move everything in. So the past couple of days that’s exactly what we did. All you guys have to do is move in the stuff from your apartments. Or well, we can do that just like planned.” Selena explained. I could seen the excitement written all over her face. I haven’t seen her this happy in a long time.

“I think we can manage that, you’ve all done enough for us.” I said as tears welled up in my eyes. I seriously have the best friends and family in the world. I walked over and hugged each of my sisters as well as Selena and Marissa.

“Well it’s not over yet.” Dallas said with a smirk on her face.

“What?” I asked confused. What else could they possibly do? This was too much as it is.

“Walk out back and see what we did there.” Marissa smiled brightly. I could see Selena and Dallas biting their bottom lips like they were trying not to laugh or smile. I’m not sure why. I looked over at Alex who just shrugs. He takes my hand and we make our way to the backyard.

“SURPRISE!” a group of our friends and family yell as we walked outside. Now this really is a surprise. I look around and see tables set up and an archway covered in flowers at the far end of the yard. This is a wedding and I couldn’t be more shocked. They really have outdone themselves with this one. I could see the shock written on Alex’s face as well.

“I was feeling so wrecked about the wedding being ruined so the day in the hospital when I asked you guys to stay with Brian, I went to talk to our mom’s and enlisted their help to plan this surprise wedding.” Selena said. She was beaming with happiness, but there was a pain in the pit of my stomach. I don’t even know what to do or say. Alex and I haven’t even spoken in a week. At least not in person. Are we even ready to get married? Was everything just a sign for us to break up?

I looked up at Alex who wore a huge smile on his face. He wanted this wedding to happen, I could tell. It wasn’t that I didn’t, it’s just I want it to happen with us being that happy couple we were in the beginning of our relationship. Back when we didn’t have secrets. I sighed and pulled Alex back into the house. “What’s wrong, babe?” he asked me confused.

“I don’t know if I can do this.” I told him honestly. “We haven’t resolved anything, we’ve barely talked since the day of our wedding. All you’ve told me is that you were in contact with Debby. But you didn’t really elaborate on that. You completely dismissed my feelings about all of your female friends and how it makes me feel. It made me feel like you don’t give a shit.”

“Don’t you ever think that I don’t give a shit.” he snapped. He didn’t say it in a harsh tone, he sounded more hurt than anything. “I love you more than life itself and I’m sorry if I made you feel that way. That was never my intention. I was trying to protect you.”

“After last time though, we promised to always be honest with each other. Why wouldn’t you tell me anything? Especially after I told you that Wilmer was blackmailing Selena.” I stressed. I probably shouldn’t have said that low blow considering that I most likely wouldn’t have told him if the damn paparazzi hadn’t caught us having coffee. I knew I had to tell Alex everything so he wouldn’t jump to conclusions when he saw the pictures. I could have lied and said I had just ran into Wilmer but I stuck to my promise to never lie to him.

“I know and I am sorry.” he reach for my hand. I let him take my hand in his and he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. “How about I promise you that I will tell you everything. Why I was acting weird at my dad’s that week. Why I was talking to Debby. What I learned from her. Why I chose to keep it a secret. Everything. Just go out there and lets get married. Our closest friends and family are out there waiting to see us get married. Unless you have had a change of heart, there is no reason for us not to.”

I sighed, biting down on my bottom lip. I honestly didn’t know what to say. Could I take him at his word that he will tell me the truth about everything once we are married? Is this just a ploy for him to get me to be his wife then he’ll use his charm to get out of telling me? I have no idea what to do.

“Is everything okay?” I heard Selena say from behind me. I turned around and saw Selena standing there with a worried look on her face.

“Everything is fine.” I told her.

“It doesn’t look fine. If I stepped on your toes with this surprise wedding, then I’m sorry. I’ll send everyone home.” she said, pointing toward the back door with her thumb.

I smiled at her as I walked over to her and engulfed her in a hug. “Don’t do that. What you did here is truly amazing. I don’t know what I did in my life to deserve such an amazing friend, but I am thankful to have you and so thankful that you did this for me and Alex. I was just shocked.”

“So you’re happy about this?” she asked with a hopeful smile.

“Of course.” I laughed. “Now lets get me hitched.”

“Really?” Alex asked excitedly. I turned around and nodded. Alex yelled in excitement as he ran over to me, hugging both me and Selena tightly.

Selena squealed, “Don’t squeeze the babies!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“I still can’t believe you put this all together.” I told Selena in amazement. We were in the master bedroom with the rest of my bridesmaids. Marissa was doing my hair while Selena was sitting on my bed, since she was the only girl fully ready.

“It was my pleasure.” she smiled at me. She got up from her spot on my bed and walked over to me, “lets take a picture.” she pulled out her phone and held it up toward the mirror for one of those typical selfies. She put an arm around my shoulders and I put one around her waist. She did her duck face and I puckered up my lips like I was going to kiss her cheek.

“Send that to me, I want to post it later.” I told her.

“Okay.” she nodded, not looking up from her phone. “Before you put your dress on, I want to show you something.”

“What more could you show me?” I furrowed her eyebrows curiously. “You’ve already give me this beautiful wedding and decorated my house empecibly.”

“There is one room that I intentionally skipped when I gave you the tour and I really want to show it to you right now.” she told me.

She led me down the hallway to a room not far from the master bedroom. This is the room that I wanted to be the office. I’m confused to why Selena wouldn’t show me this earlier and why is so important now. “I know you wanted this to be the office but when I found out that you’re pregnant I had to switch things around. Which is why your office is now downstairs and the guest room is on the other side of the house. This is now the nursery.” she smiled brightly as she opened the door. “I know that it’s empty but I didn’t know what kind of furniture you wanted and we don’t know the sex of the baby yet. So I hope you like the yellow walls and the mural.”

I hadn’t noticed the mural one of the walls until she mentioned it. it was a forest full of animals. It reminded me of Bambi. I was trying so hard not to cry so that I wouldn’t ruin my make-up. “It’s beautiful. Thank you so much.” I hugged Selena.

“You’re welcome.” she giggled. “Now lets get your wedding dress on and get you hitched.”

~*~*~*~*~*~


“As a songwriter, I never thought that writing vows would be so difficult.” I laughed. “I fell in love when I was sixteen and ran scared because I was too young to understand what love was. But you never gave up hope that we would find our way back to each other. You were there for me when I couldn’t be strong enough to be there for myself. You’re the only boy who ever showed me how love should be. You always made me feel beautiful when I didn’t think I was beautiful. You are my best friend, the holder of my heart and soul, the love of my life. And I can promise you that no matter where our lives take us that I will always love you, and I will stick by your side through thick and thin. I can’t imagine my life without you in it. You’re it for me, Alex, so be prepared for a long life of my craziness because you’re stuck with me.”

There were laughs from the guests as a few tears escaped my eyes. Alex reach up and wiped them away. The pastor told Alex it was his turn to say his vows. He pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket, how he would know he would need said piece of paper is beyond me but I wasn’t about to question it.

“I love you means that I’ll always love you. that I loved you then, that I love you now, that I will love you after. I love you means I loved you before the word was defined, since before life existed. It means that I will love you even when earth is just stardust scattering across infinite space. I love you means you are felt and not just heard. that you exist both behind my eyes and inside my chest. I love you means that I love who you are, who you will be and who you have been It means that I love what you do and what you say. I love you means that your scars and your triumphs are both one in the same. I love you means wrinkles and grey are just the same as porcelain and brown. I love you means I love me because you are apart of me and I love everywhere and everything that you are. I love you means leaving the world around us in our crossfire. I love you means that we may burn, but that we would rather burn that to live without knowing what it feels like to be ignited. I love you means I won’t let go, that I was holding on before i knew exactly what I was holding onto. I love you means I am prepared to free fall, but never prepared to land. I love you means I will never intentionally inflict pain upon you, but if for some reason I ever do, I will hurt with you until it is gone. I love you means there will be no one else. I love you means that there never was. I love you means a moment. I love you means a lifetime. I love you isn’t just three simple words, it’s every word I’ve spoken since your eyes met mine.”

I was a crying mess as Alex read his vows. And I could see the tears in his eyes. I never thought a person could make me feel this way. I don’t even know how to explain it. I have butterflies and he’s just talking, not even touching or looking at me. My heart is beating a mile a minute. I don’t know how I could love him anymore.

“Now join hands.” the pastor instructed. “Demetria, do you take Alexander to be your lawfully wedded husband until death do you part?”

“I do.” my voice cracked.

“Alexander, do you take Demetria to be your lawfully wedded wife until death do you part?”

“I do.” he smiled widely.

“Then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

The words barely left the pastor’s mouth when Alex pulled me to him and kissing me. I am now officially Alex’s wife. And I couldn’t be more ecstatic. As we pulled apart and turned to face our friends and family, they were all standing and clapping their hands.

I turned and hugged Selena, “thank you so much for this.”

“That’s what best friends are for.” she squeezed me.

Everyone began to mingle and eat appetizers. I made my way around to everyone thanking them for coming. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a kiss placed on my cheek. “So how does it feel to be Mrs. DeLeon?”

“It’s only been a few minutes, but it feels amazing.” I smiled, I couldn’t stop smiling. I feel like I’m on top of the world and nothing can ruin this feeling. “Your vows were amazing, by the way. How did you know to have them on you?”

“I’ve carried them in my wallet since the day we were supposed to get married.” he told me. He looked over at Selena who was talking to Jack and Lex. “You have one amazing best friend.”

“Tell me about it.” I laughed. “She’s glowing and I can’t wait to look like her.”

“You’re going to make one amazing mother and I can’t wait to start this journey of our lives.” he said, cupping my face in his hands and kissing me.

Our kiss was interrupted by the clinking of a glass. “Can I get everyone’s attention?” Selena said. “I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming out today to celebrate two of my best friends. I know I’m supposed to make this big speech since I’m maid of honor but I’m not good at speeches. Plus I still think that one of Demi’s sister’s should have been maid of honor. So I enlisted their help as well as Marissa’s to do something special for the happy couple.”

Selena walked away from where she was and over to the back wall of the backyard. I hadn’t noticed that there was a white screen there. Marissa, Dallas and Madison were all standing there. “Demi, you’re my little sister and I never thought you would be the first to be married, but I am so incredibly thankful that you found a wonderful guy to be your husband. I have faith that you two will embark and an amazing journey together and I can’t wait to see where life takes you both. Thanks Alex for being the exact guy I would pick for my sister. Take good care of her.” Dallas’ words made me tear up.

“Demi has been like a sister to me since we’ve grown up together. Everyday she inspires me. Today is no exception. She’s shown me that if you fight for love, love will find you. I’ve watched this relationship blossom and it gives me hope.” Marissa said as she started to tear up.

“So this is our gift to you.” Madison said and they all stepped away from the screen and a song started to play. I didn’t recognize it but I did recognize the voices. First Selena started to sing “I don't need a hundred roses waiting by the front door. I don't need a fancy house in the hills. You could rope the moon and bring me all the stars in heaven. It won't change how I feel.” Then pictures started to form on the screen in collage form. It started off as me as a baby then some of Alex as a baby and they just continued to update until it got to pictures of us when we first got together as teenagers.

That’s when I heard Madison’s voice. “ You don't have to be a modern-day Shakespeare. You don't have to be anything you're not. You don't have to give me diamonds to impress me. Just give me your heart.” I had forgotten some of these pictures existed and once again I am crying. It must have taken them forever to put this together.

Now I heard Dallas start to sing. I can’t believe they have found the perfect song to put with this slideshow. It’s exactly how I feel. “Make me feel loved, make me feel beautiful. Make me feel dance-around-the-room, Cinderella kind of magical. Make me believe I'm all that you'll ever need. Hold me close and make me feel a million kinds of wonderful. Baby, your touch, it's more than enough. Make me feel loved.”

I look over at the girls just as Marissa started to sing and they all wore smiles on their faces and had tears in their eyes. Well Selena was ugly crying, but she gets a free pass since she is really hormonal. “It's the way you bring me coffee in the morning. And how you know just what not to say. I don't need you to try and fix everything. When I've had a bad day.”

For the last verse they all sang in perfect harmony. “Make me feel loved, make me feel beautiful. Make me feel dance-around-the-room, Cinderella kind of magical. Make me believe I'm all that you'll ever need. Hold me close and make me feel a million kinds of wonderful. Baby, your touch, it's more than enough. Make me feel loved.”

“Oh my god! Thank you so much.” my voice cracked from crying. I walked over to them and engulfed them in a group hug. “You all are amazing and I couldn’t ask for better sisters and best friends.”

“And now lets get this party started.” I heard Jack cheer. I couldn’t help but laugh. This day has been truly magical.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so so sorry that it has taken me FOREVER to update this story. I had major writers block then got super busy because my brother moved then tried to make this perfect but finally just said fuck it and write whether its perfect or not. I'm not incredibly satisfied with this chapter but it is everything that I wanted to get out. The next chapter is already written, I just have to finish typing it so it should be up later tonight or tomorrow. I hope people are still interested in this story. Thanks for reading! Oh and the song used for the slideshow is "Loved" by Lucy Hale. :)