Impossible to Get Him

Chapter 1

Truth be told, the waiting for my best friend’s coming is pretty boring. I’m leaned on a pillar, watching every movement of anybody. How come that I’ve never noticed that the people in my school are so damn strange? Jeez.

“Hey, you Cowherd!” Jack, my best friend greeted me from behind and I made a strange face because of his calling me. “I told you fifteen thousand times, you’d rather not make fun of my last name! That’s not my fault that in English Bouvier means ‘cowherd’, you blockhead!” I tried to be serious but this moment didn’t dispense with giggling. “Hey, you bastard, David’s coming.” Jack warned me to act normal. I swallowed thickly and respired before taking the straps of my school backpack.

“Hi, Davie.” I crossed his way and smiled at him. “Hello.” He answered and walked around me. The smile on my face disappeared as I realized that my trying wasn’t worth it. Jack came closer and spoke: “He doesn’t apparently care.” “But Jack, I try to. I smiled and-“ “Pierre, your stupid grinning doesn’t evidently work.” “Thank you for the sincerity.” I was looking angrily at David coming to Rick before hugging him and kissing. “Just look at how he’s wrapping around my baby. I wanna feel him so close, too.” I said, sighing. “Cheer up, buddy!” He gave a big slap on my shoulder. “You stupid!” I said more angrily than before and strode away.

It pisses me of that David completely ignores me. I’m like an air to him. Rick here, Rick there, Rick is everywhere. Davie doesn’t even know I exist. I don’t know what to do to make him notice my trying. I long for him for three years now – since I went at this high school. And truly I can say I fell in love with him at first sight. I love him badly. His smile and beautiful hazel eyes, his little body and perfect pose. Not mention his inner beauty – he’s so kind and affable but his only bad feature is that he’s in love with Rick – my mortal enemy.

“I’m going to him, Jack. I’ll risk it.” I said with full decision and respired before going towards him. I didn’t even hear Jack’s response but never mind. “Hi, David, I… I’m…” Shit, I have to think of something, I don’t even know the reason why I went to his desk. My mind is empty right now. “May I sit here?” “Of course,” he answered nicely and smiled before I did. “Ummm…you’re beautiful,” I stuttered and after a while I realized what I said. Shit. “Oh, thank you, Pie.” Truly, he (even me) blushed. “Do you have homework?” “Oh, so you came and made a compliment because you want to copy it and-“ “No! No, no no, that’s not true. I didn’t come to fob you.” “Everybody does it because of homework.” I didn’t know what to say but trust me, I didn’t want to come because of the homework. Although I really don’t have it. “I came to talk to you. It wasn’t the point of homework… I feel pretty strange now.” “Okay, let it be.” There was an awkward silent moment before I spoke again. “I really like your shirt, it suits you.” I smiled while making another compliment. “Thank you again. You really know how to make me feel better, Pie.” He said and we both giggled. “Errr-r,” I heard a voice belonging to David’s boyfriend from behind my shoulder. I turned back and looked and the loggerhead standing there with crossed arms on his chest. “Hello, Rick.” I greeted a bit foolishly and made a stupid face. “Get out of my way, you dickwad. Number one you smell like shit and number two, don’t dare to talk to my boyfriend, you dick!” He said, oh sorry, he SCREAMED and I was just looking at him somewhat weirdly. “So GET OUT!” He screamed, being only a few inches from my face. “Okay, okay.” I said and walked away. Again he ruined that hopeful situation.

“Stupid Rick-Dick. He spoiled it all again.” I said angrily before I sat next to Jack. “You slug, keep calm. You’ll have to stand it, he’s David’s boyfriend.” “Yes but, try to understand it, he doesn’t earn him at all. David is so nice and so on but Rick is the very opposite of him. And the disadvantage is that I’ll have to play a football match with him in our team in a week. Damn in.” “Yeah buddy, David is not single and you know it. He’s in the relationship with Dick for three years now, you should leave off of trying to get him. David’s happy with him evidently.” “Don’t dare to say it again!” I said angrily and looked at him with my raised eyebrow. “Hey, hey, stop it, it was only a joke, dude. I know what you mean. David’s pretty stupid and should understand that you try to get him throughout. Um, by the way, you should write your homework or you’ll be detention.” “Okay, okay, give it to me!” He giggled.