Impossible to Get Him

Chapter 2

“Hey, look at him, David came to see me playing!” I pointed out to Jack sitting next to me. “What do you think about yourself at all? He came to see Rick, you dolt!” “You’re really positive, I tried to calm myself down.” To be honest, I want him to stop fool me. Jack always teases and taunts me. “So go for it, Pierre! And try to not embarrass yourself!” “Go to hell, you Crow!” I said smilingly and trotted away. And why I call him Crow? – Just his hair’s really black and styled to mohawk.

*Half-time*
“Wow, Crow, did you see that? I scored two goals! It was so… did you see that?” I asked and sat next to him again. “Not much,” “Go to hell, you idiot,” we both laughed. “By the way, Bouvier, your mum sat next to David, if you care.” “Oh god, that’s the end. Mum always makes me feel embarrassing, dunno why.” “That’s why you should go there. Don’t you wanna see David or what?” “I do. Okay, I’ll go there.” I respired and stood up. “And undress your jersey… just to make him horny.” I looked at him weirdly and inquiringly. “I mean… just go there.” I rolled my eyes and went away.

“Hi Davie.” I greeted him first and smiled. “Hello.” “Hello mama,” “Oh, Pierrie, sweetheart. Come on, you Fixit.” I sat next to before she started to kiss my forehead and rub my cheeks. “Mommy, that's enough.” I said a bit unpleasantly and got out of her embrace. In that instant I gave a look at David who was there sitting all alone – Rick didn’t come. So, that’s time for me to show up. “Mom, I’d like to-“ “Pierre, I bought a Chubby [children’s drink] to you.” “Oh mama, are you kidding me? Don’t put it out of your handbag, mom!” I warned her but it was too late. She put it out. I feel so embarrassing. It’s true that I LOVE Chubby, especially apple flavor but I didn’t want anyone to find out that I drink it when I’m almost 19 years old. Soooo embarrassing. I hope no one noticed. “I know you love it, so-“ “Dear mum, please hide it.” I insisted on. “Okay, I’ll give it to you at home, yes?” “Sure, mom.” Oh god, I told to myself before going back at the pitch.

So, this match came out well. I gave hattrick and Rick scored the fourth goal. Surely, HE had to be cynosure with a goal what wasn’t any important. But me, when I scored 3 goals? Hah, no one cared. Okay, my mum and Jack did. But David? Oh god, I don’t know what to do to make him not ignore me anymore. It bothers me a lot.

*The next day at school*
“Hi, David. So how was the match yesterday? Did you like it?” I came at school and directed my way straight to him, sitting next to. “Hello, yes it was pretty cool. You won and Rick scored the decider so I can’t complain.” He smiled but my smile disappeared. What?! If I didn’t score the previous 3 goals, we wouldn’t win but David doesn’t care by all accounts. “Hah, yeah. But there was someone who scored 3 goals before Rick’s last hit.” I wanted to point me out any inconspicuous way. “Yes? And who was it?” Is he kidding me or what? I’M NOT AN INVISIBLE MAN! “Oh, that’s not important, Rick decided the victory, hah.” I said to mantle that I don’t agree at all. He was there evidently only because of ‘his Rick’. How stupid. “Yes, hah.”

“Jack, he’s such a silly. He said ‘Yes? And who did score those 3 goals before Ricky’s hit?’ Oh god! Tell me why, Crow. I don’t know what to do to be cynosure. He doesn’t care at all.” I said a bit disappointed, sitting next to Jack again. “Maybe you should do something like a good deed, you know what I mean? Like do something to make him think you’re not such an idiot as you look like.” “Oh, thanks, dude.” I said rather ironically. His teasing bothers me. “No, buddy. You know what I mean. You have to do anything to show up in the right light. To be soft-hearted, generous or that you wish him good luck in that relationship, even if it’s not true at all and not to be so stupid and shiftless as you are.” “Hey, you really can encourage me, Jack. Maybe I could give him a small gift, like… a small nice mirror!” I said enthusiastically and a big smile appeared on my face. “What?! Are you kidding me? A mirror?? It’s the stupidest idea EVER, dude!” “Hey, don’t josh me.” I said to stop him laughing before I continued: “I’d give him the small mirror with a message ‘this is to see how beautiful you are everyday’.” “Ahah, that’s stupid, buddy. “Go to hell, Crow.” I snapped and looked away. “So think of something, you clever dick!” “To give him a box of chocolates would be much better that a stupid mirror. If he was Snow White I would say no word but-“ “Okay, stop, Jack. I’ll give him a sweet box, okay?” “Fine.” I rolled my eyes and started thinking about the small gift I wanted to give him.

*One day later*
“Jack, I put the sweet box on his desk so I hope he will be surprised.” I said whole-heartedly and gave a clap to make myself feel better. “I wonder, Pierre. If you spoiled it again-” “Hey, hey, hey. Check it out!” Then I gave a look at David but he wasn’t alone. Rick came. I observed and eavesdropped their chat. “Oh, Ricky, it is from you?” David asked him before Rick looked back at me with such a derisive and mocking glance. I wanted to kill him in that moment. Rick looked back at David. “Yes, babe, I just wanted to make you happy.” “Oh, thank you Ricky, sweetheart. I love you.” David said and kissed him. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I screamed and everybody in the class looked at me. Okay, I don’t feel any good. “I’ll kill him, Jack! What does he think about himself? It would never get into his brain to make someone happy. He’s such a scoundrel! If he makes something like this again I’ll-“ “Pierre, calm down, okay? He’s a fucker, everybody knows, just keep calm, dude.” Jack tried to calm me.

When I came back home I went up to my room. To be honest, I’m pretty out of place. Rick pissed me off, really. I’m about to write a song about the love of my life.

I shouldn't love you but I want to
I just can't turn away.
I shouldn't see you but I can't move
I can't look away.
I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Coz I dunno how to make a feeling stop
Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to I just gotta say it all
Before I go, just so you know

It's getting hard to be around you
There's so much I can't say
Do you want me to hide the feelings
And look the other way?
This emptiness is killing me and
I'm wondering why I've waited so long
Looking back I realize
It was always there just never spoken
I'm waiting here...been waiting here.