Trophy Fathers, Trophy Son

Trophy Fathers, Trophy Son - Kellic (Chapter Ten!)

Chapter 10
“What the hell?” I whispered to myself as I hovered over my own body. I was paler than usual? Tubes coming out of my mouth. Beeping noise. There is something in the room with me though. Trying to focus my eyes the image suddenly came clear. Vic. My Vic standing there with?? His parents and.. Mike? What’s going on? I tried to ask Vic but words wouldn’t escape my lips. Why am I in the hospital? What happened?! Last thing I remember is standing on the beach with Vic. Then a loud pop. What? Suddenly I felt a pulling force pulling me towards my body….
*Vic’s POV*
I’ve never felt deader than I do now. I haven’t slept. I haven’t eaten. For fucks sake I haven’t left the room ever since Kellin was rushed here for a gunshot to the back. I think I’ve cried every tear I possibly could. Screamed every scream that could escape my lips. I just wish he would wake up. I ask myself ‘Why do I still pray?’ I feel like I’ve failed my beautiful boyfriend. This is entirely my fault. He was shot because of me and I know that. If he dies, I’ll die. All I could do was sit there and hold his hand. Looking at his face completely drained of color and his hair is has lost all the perky-ness it once held. He was still the most beautiful creature alive.
As I sat there basking in his beauty, I heard soft footsteps enter the room. “Vicky?” I heard Mike whisper in a low voice. I turned just enough to see him walk up and place his hand on my shoulder. “Vic you need to eat something, please.” Mike pleated.
“Not hungry” I replied barely audible. I know I needed to eat but I really wasn’t hungry plus I couldn’t leave Kellins side. Mike sighed and removed his hand from my shoulder.
“I figured you would say that. Which is whyyyyy. I brought you an apple.” Mike said showing me a bright red apple. I gave my younger brother a soft smile and thanked him for the apple. He truly was the best brother anyone could ever ask for. “Eat” he demanded me in a soft tone.
That’s when I snapped. “Mike I said I’m not fucking hungry! Goddamn can’t you see I don’t deserve the fucking enjoy this apple?! I’ve killed him Mike! You don’t understand how much of a horrible human existence I am right now!” I was steaming now; my blood was boiling and hands shaking into a tight ball. I tried calming myself down but it wasn’t working.
“Whoa Vic! You didn’t kill him man, he is gonna be okay!” Mike said in a reassuring tone getting up to pull me into a tight hug. I pounded onto my younger brother’s chest to let me go but he just held me tighter. But it wasn’t okay. I let this happen. I brought Kellin into my piece of a shit life and now he is now a table with a gunshot though his back.
“Yes I fucking did! If it wasn’t for me Craig wouldn’t have shot Kellin!!” I screamed into his chest. “It’s not okay Mikey. It’s just not.” Mike instantly let me go and put his hands over his mouth as he let out a gasp. “C-Craig? Vic what are you saying?” Mike furrowed his brows together.
I started crying into my palms. It felt like a demon was trying to scratch itself out of my body. My throat burned with anger when I tried to speak “I-it wa-ss Cra-igg. He s-shot Kellin.” I stuttered trying to calm my breathing.
My knees suddenly fell out from under my body and I fell to the ground with a loud thud. Mike was by my side helping me to my feet within moments. “Shh Vic. Shhh. It’s gonna be okay I promise. We’ll get that son of a bitch. I promise.” Mike reassured me. I knew he was lying. I know Craig, He is such a sneaky person and I know he isn’t done. Listening to Mike hum to me was the last thing I remember before falling asleep in my brother’s arms.
Opening my eyes, I slowly regained my composure and I looked around the hospital room. Hearing talking coming from the other side of the room woke me up a bit more. I could just make out a blurry Mike talking to mom and dad. Where is Kellins dad? I suddenly wondered? Kellin! Snapping my neck over to his bed I noticed his neck was in a different position than it was when I fell asleep. Glancing up at the clock over the headboard it read 2:30 A.M. What the hell how long have I slept for? Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands, I slowly rose my body as I stretched my arms upward.
“Vic!” I heard Mike call from the door with my parents. Making my way to where they were standing, I could tell he hadn’t slept at all. Poor Mike this isn’t his burden to bare. It’s my fault after all.
My mother drew my into a tight hug and its exactly what I needed. There was no use in crying, I couldn’t cry anymore. Holding my mom in my arms as she brushed my hair down was comforting. “It’ll be okay son.” My father said as my mother let me go. Giving them a small smile I turned to Mike.
“Any news yet?” I asked Mike in a hopeful tone. “Has anyone even called his dad?” I continued my questioning before Mike had a chance to reply. “Wait has the doctor came in yet? Why the hell did you let me sleep so long Mike?!” The questions were flying out of my mouth and I hadn’t even realized I was raising my voice a bit.
“Whoa bro! Okay okay. First the doctor has come in. Quite a few times at that. Second, dude you needed to sleep. They have called his dad, but that assh- I mean guy said to call him if Kellin dies.” Mike told me and earned a smack on the head from papa. My blood instantly boiled to what Kellins father said. How could someone be so fucking hateful? I swear to god if I ever get my hands around his neck I hope that god looks away. Gritting my teeth, I clenched my fists together at the thought of that fucker.
Taking in a deep breath Mike continued “And lastly… Take a look for yourself.” Mike said with a smirk on his face. Giving him a confused look I was just about to ask what the hell that meant but a smooth and crackly voice interrupted me.
“Vic?” I heard the most beautiful voice sound from behind me. My eyes shot wide open and I turned to see my beautiful Kellin sitting up in his bed.