Status: New inspirations!

Everything Has Changed

Alex

I had given her my number but hadn’t heard from her, and it’s been a couple of days. I was growing anxious, but tried to stay busy with hockey. I wanted to send another message, but I didn’t want to be that desperate looking guy.

I saw Brandon come into the dressing room before our game, and everything in me wanted to ask about her. Yet, I knew any talk about her could lead to a smack in the head, so I left it alone.

We lost the game 3-1, a really bad effort from everyone, except Pricer, as usual. I knew my reasons, which were completely ridiculous, but I couldn’t seem to concentrate on anything, and I didn’t know how to overcome it.

As I left the locker room, I slipped my phone into my pocket, but not before it vibrated in my hand.

Brutal game.[/i[

It was just a number, and they left no indication of who it was, but I had a hunch.

Lily?

A couple of minutes later, by the time I got to my car, she answered.

Smart guy. What gave it away?

All I could find myself doing was smiling.

Just a hunch. What took you so long?

It was a while before she responded. By the time I got home, my phone vibrated in my hand.

I enjoy making you squirm.

I didn’t want to give her any clue that I was going insane waiting to hear from her, so I answered casually.

Don’t flatter yourself. No squirming here.
I doubt that. Her answer was quick, and then she sent another before I could respond.

You doing anything tonight? It’s Saturday and I know you guys leave for a road trip tomorrow night.

I felt my insides twist.

You’re asking me out? What about Brandon?

Screw Brandon. I’m an adult. I’ll meet you outside my apartment in half an hour.

There was no question, she was telling me to come, not asking. I couldn’t refuse. I had been waiting to hear from this girl for days. I had to go. I had to find out what she was all about.

A half hour later, there she was, standing outside the apartment just like she said she would be. She climbed in, bundled up in a coat and hair a little wet from the falling snow. She smiled at me, “Hi” she said.

“Hey” I replied with a smile, “So what do you want to do?”

She shrugged, “Want to get a drink?”

“Sure” I replied, shifting the car into gear and pulling away.

She turned up the volume of whatever I had playing, I wasn’t really listening, and she started singing along. It took everything in me to keep my eyes on the road. When we stopped at a stoplight, all I could do was watch her. She knew every word, her head bopped along with the rhythm, along with the rest of her, as much as she could sitting in the passenger seat.

“What?” she said, meeting my gaze.

I noticed the light turn green and looked at the road in front of me, “Nothing”

She didn’t respond, but in the corner of my eye I saw her smirk and she continued along with her singing.

We eventually found a small pub in the city. I parked and we walked a few blocks down to it. She was quiet, and so was I. I didn’t realize I could be so quiet, it was almost unnatural for me. Maybe a drink would help.

Or ten.

“Man, you’re awfully quiet” she said as we sat down.

“So are you” I answered, “Which doesn’t seem like you…what I know of you”

“What you know of me is three glasses of wine” she replied, “Maybe you’ll encounter her again tonight”

“Maybe I want to know the other one” I answered.

She raised an eyebrow, “My other side? You sure about that?” she smirked a little and then let out a laugh, “You may be surprised”

I shrugged, “I like surprises”

“Well, tonight, you’ll see her for a bit. But the one you’ve already met is looking to come out tonight”
I just let out a breath, “I’m certainly okay with that”

“That’s because you got a couple of kisses out of her” she replied.

I blushed at the thought again, “Yah…” was all that managed to come out.

She leaned in close and whispered, her breath on my neck, “You may get lucky again”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, inspiration is working it's way in. Hope you like this!