There's Oceans In-Between Us, but That's Not Very Far

Chapter 012

Image

"Dad?... Dad where are you?" I yelled while going down the stairs, duffel bag in hand. He was still in the kitchen. Thank god mom wasn't. He looked up at me oddly.

"Ams, please tell me this isn't what I think it is."

"Um... It's not what you think it is."

"You're going with Corey?" he asked. He didn't seem mad... I don't think anyway.

"I really want to. But mom's being all blah. But if you were ok with it, then you could let me go," I said being really nice. He just took in a big breath. This can't be good. "I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I didn't want you to freak out."

"What do I tell your mom?"

"I don't know. I met a female friend and I'm staying at her house."

"Just check in with me every now and then so I know you're ok." This made me so happy I actually hugged my dad. I haven't done this in so long. It even surprised him.

"I promise I will call like everyday. And don't worry about anything," I said backing away.

"Just be careful with whatever you do."

"Ok, bye dad," I said walking out the door.

He said good bye as I shut the door behind me. I see Corey out in his dirt jumps doing some random tricks. Maybe practice? He went through the jumps about 3 times until he finally noticed me.

"So how'd it go?" he asked putting his bike down as I walked over to him.

"My dad said it was ok.?"

"Mom said?"

"She wasn't around."

"Well maybe we should get going before she gets back and ruins our little plan," he said, taking my bag for me and walking around to his car.

He put it in the back seat and opened the passenger side door for me. I smiled at him as I sat down. I love a gentleman. He got in and reached behind his seat for something.

"Alright. All I brought was RedBull so if you're hungry I'm sorry... Maybe we'll stop for something later," he said putting two cans in the cup holders.

"But we just ate."

"Well... Maybe you have a hunger issue and you have to eat every 5 minutes."

"Um... Ok... That's a little weird," I said as he started driving away.

"So did you meet any of my friends at the party?" he asked, starting a new conversation.

"Um... Yeah... Dave, Colin, James, and um... This other guy I can't remember his name..." I said trying to think of it... What was it?

"I going to guess Ryan... He always hangs out with those guys. He's pretty sweet to be around," he said leaning back in a 'gansterish' way. He was pretty sexy.

"Yeah that's him... He said something about..." I stopped and actually remembered what he said. The whole Corey using me... Yeah I don't think I should tell him that.

"About what?"

"Um... I don't know... He just kept going on about random things. He might have been a little on the drunk side." If I do remember right, Ryan was like the soberest person that I saw there. He's not going to be believe me.

"Yeah he doesn't party too much, but when he does he goes all out," he replied while shacking his head and smiling. It took us a while to get to... where ever Corey was driving to. I thought it was a hotel, but it looked like someone's house.

"One of my friends said we could crash with him... Hope you don't mind," he said looking over at me after he turned the car off.

"That's fine," I said and followed him as he got out. He walked up to the door and one of the guys from the party answered the door.

"How did I not know you would bring a chick?” the guy said, who I think was Dave. Obviously he didn’t remember me from the party.

“She’s not just any chick,” he said looking back at me and smiling. I really didn’t like the comment Dave made. This is making me think that he’s had a few chicks here before. But I’m not going to bring it up. But then again, he said I wasn’t just any chick… I don’t know how to take it. Corey’s really confusing.

“Anyway her name’s Amber,” he said introducing me. That was quite nice of him.

“Oh… You’re the chick at the party that was talking to Guet. I remember you." Great I feel special now. He remembers me by talking to Ryan. I didn’t say anything.

“Do you want to hit the trails with me?” Dave asked stepping outside.

“No… Later,” Corey said.

Dave went to a car and Corey and I stepped inside. Yeah it looks like a dude’s house. It wasn’t the cleanest or the best decorated but it was kinda cute… In a weird way.

“Why do I think that there’s more to this conversation you had with Ryan than I think?” he asked while walking behind and placing his hands on my hips… Ok, is he mad that I was talking to him or just asking? If he was mad, I would figure that he wouldn’t touch me at all.

“What do you mean? Are you upset I was interacting with a different guy than you?” I asked just trying to play along teasingly.

“Not upset… Maybe jealous,” he said pressing his lips to my neck. I could feel his smile.

“Jealous when we’re not even together?” I asked and turned around.

“I know. It is a little sad,” he said with his hands still on me.

“I think there’s something you’re not telling me,” I said looking up into his dark eyes.

“Yeah… There is.”

“You want to share?” He took a deep breath in and out and then lead me over to the couch.

“My last relationship wasn’t the best one. It started out great, but then it just fell so fast. It just didn’t work out and I got hurt. It affected me so hard. And I’m afraid to go through that again. So I guess you could say ever since then, I’ve been afraid to commit. I’m just afraid of getting hurt again," he said taking my hand. That sort of really does clear up everything. “With you… I seriously have fallen for you and that does scare me because eventually you have to go back home and that can’t be too good on a relationship.” He went on.

“What do you want to do about it? You can’t really get over your fear until you face it.” Is it that obvious that I want to be with him?

“I know and that’s why I want you to be my girlfriend so I can give this commitment thing another try.”

“I will be willing to help you through that,” I said taking his other hand too.

“Good. I don’t know what I would do if you said no,” he said while a smile showed through.

“So now I’m officially ‘Bohan’s Beauty',” I said while cuddling up to him.

“No… I think you’re more of a…” he trailed off. “Um… Yeah I have nothing. I guess you’re stuck with that label.”

“Just no more magazine covers,” I said looking up at him.

“I really have no control over that, but I guess I’ll try,” he said laying back with me in his arms.