Sequel: Do I?

Wasting All These Tears on You

One

"You ready?" Sid asked me.

"Yeah" i replied. He was taking me to the NHL draft with him and I was really excited. Me and Sid haven't been seeing much of each other lately with his hockey career. it actually kinda bothered me. The last time me and him went on an actual date was about three months ago. Was that bad? i never said anything to Sid because I didn't want to distract him from his passion. We got on the plane and arrived in New York. We went up to the hotel room and Sid looked really stressed.

"Do you thinnk I'll get drafted?" Sid asked me.

"I don't have a doubt about it." I said and kissed his lips softly. Sid started to deepen the kiss and his amber eyes turned dark with lust. Should I even be doing this with him? I mean he was my boyfriend and everything but we haven't been together much. The next morning I woke up wrapped in a sheet with Sid pacing around the hotel room. I sighed and got out of bed and got in the shower. A half hour later I stepped out of the shower and slipped into my curve hugging black longsleeve dress. I walked out of the bathroom and put all my jewlery on and Sid was sitting on the bed.

"Wow," Sid said, "You look amazing." He added looking me up and down.

"Thanks." I said while blushing. I could never get used to Sid complimenting me. Ugh why did he have to have this kind of effect on me? We hailed a taxi to Madison Square Garden and we went to the table for Sid and his family. Sadly his family couldn't make it to the draft but they had promised that they would be watching. Sid was holding my hand firmly.

"Sid, you'll get drafted don't worry about it." I reassured.

"I'm just worried I won't." He said glumly

"Sid you're the best hockey player I know and everyone says the same thing." I said. A half hour later they welcomed all the prospects to the draft.

"And for the first overall pick the Pittsburgh Penguins select Sidney Crosby." The announcer said. Sidney sat there for a minute letting it sink in. He got up and as soon and he did I got up and hugged him and kissed him to death. He walked out on stage and got his picture taken with his new penguins jersey. He walked back to the table I was sitting at and sat back down.

"See I told you." I said

"Shut up." He said playfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Eight Years Later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE SID!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at my boyfriend of eleven years. (They've been dating since they were fifteen.)

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO RACHAEL?????!!!!!!!! IT'S MY JOB!!!!!!" He screamed.

"OH I DON'T KNOW MAYBE SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND THAT'S BEEN THERE WITH YOU THROUGH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!" I yelled.

"YOU'RE JUST A DISTRACTION ANYMORE!!!!!!!!" He yelled. I just stood there frozen. Did he just really say what I think he said?

"Rachael, I- I didn't mean it." He said softly.

"WHAT HAPENED TO THE SWEET CARING SIDNEY I KNEW AND LOVED?????? BECAUSE APARENTLY HE'S NOT IN THERE ANYMORE!!!!!!" I said and stormed into our bedroom and started packing my stuff.

"Baby,"

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE CALL ME THAT YOU HEARTLESS ASSHOLE!!!!!" I sceamed. I finished packing my stuff and stormed downstairs.

"Rachael give me a chance!" He begged.

"I GAVE YOU SO MANY FUCKING CHANCES SIDNEY!!!!! YOU DITCHED ME COUNTLESS TIMES BECAUSE OF HOCKEY OR HANGING OUT WITH THE GUYS!!!!!!! NINETY PERCENT OF THE TIME I GO TO SLEEP IN A COLD BED AND WAKE UP WITHOOUT YOU EVEN THERE!!!!!! APPARENLY I AM A DISTRACTION!!!!!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and slammed the front door shut and threw my suitcase in the back of my SUV. I drove to the airport and got the first flight to North Carolina. The whole plane ride I practically bawled my eyes out. Thank god the flight left at Midnight so no one was even on the plane. I landed at about two in the morning in North Carolina. I whipped my phone out and called the one person I could always count on.

"Hello?' The voice on the other end answered groggily.

"Jordan? It's Rachael. I'm gonna need you to pick me up at the airport. I'll explain later." I ended the call and waited for Jordan to pick me up.