Status: Active but slow updates. Comment, Rec and Subscribe!

The Switch

Everything Was The Same

Van’s POV

I sat in the chair I had suspended from my ceiling attempting to study for a history test I had tomorrow. Instead of having a seat that was built in by the window I took it out (more of destroyed it by myself) and hung the chair which held the seat. I wasn’t aspiring to become a handy woman or anything, I just liked being busy.

I kept reading and tired to block out the sounds coming from next door. When the chair turned towards the window I stopped and glared at Reid, who was lifting weights (shirtless of course) and mumbling the words to the song as the rap music blared from his speakers. I sighed to myself and tried to read some more.

Reid’s POV

I take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollypop, Go 'head girl, don't you stop, Keep going 'til you hit the spot

I lifted weights effortlessly (as always) while blasting 50 Cent. Most people would say ‘Hey where are your parents?’ Well mine never care really and besides their room is sound proof, which does come in handy sometimes. I had seen Vannah sitting in her wicker bubble chair (that she had put in herself for some reason) glaring at me in between the end of the tree, but I wasn’t really going to acknowledge that.

After the song changed I heard something being thrown at my window. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Where did does she get rocks? I tried to ignore it but they kept coming. I got up and went to the window.

Van’s POV

“Do you mind?” I half yelled over his music.

He made a he couldn’t hear me gesture and closed the window back. After a few seconds the music got louder. I huffed and started back throwing the pebbles from my fish tank (which no longer held the fish). Luckily they were big enough to be heard though anything and I knew how much it annoyed him.

I saw him get a frustrated look as he tried to ignore me. I laughed at myself and stopped for a second to sit down. Afterwards I continued to throw the rocks. I see what he felt like to be an asshole, it was pretty entertaining.

He got up again and opened the window. “What?” He asked annoyed.

“Can you turn it down, I’m trying to study.”

“I’m trying to lift weights but you are throwing rocks at my window.” He said back.

“The rocks will stop when the music is down.”

“And the music will go down under one condition.” He said with a smile creeping up on his face.

I rolled my eyes, you always had to bargain with him. “What?”

“Flash me.” He smirked.

My eyes widened. “You pervert!” I yelled as he laughed.

“Enjoy the music.” He smiled. “I’ve seen them before anyway.” He shrugged.

Reid’s POV

I hadn’t really seen them. And I could admit that Van did have nice boobs (and a nice ass) and I would one day like to see them but that’s all in my dreams somewhere. She huffed and closed the window causing it to close onto her tank top. I sat in my windowsill watching her fumble with the window, of which she couldn’t get up. Van got an idea and yanked the shirt out of the window. The only problem was that the shirt ripped off and stayed in the window. She looked up and said why me as she was still shirtless and forgetting I was sitting right in front of her. I was right, she did have a nice set.

After she said why me she looked forward and saw me laughing at her the shut her curtains automatically, leaving the tank top in the window. This proves my curiosity, she does walk around her room topless!

=X=

Third POV

The night had fallen and the day had risen, letting everybody know that it was Thursday. Vannah heard her clock play Cool Song No. 2 by MGMT (normally the night before she would put a different CD into her clock so she could listen to it in the morning), did her normal groan under her covers and dragged herself out of bed.

Meanwhile, next door at the Calloway house, Reid’s mom called to see if he was up.

“Yeah.” He called panting as he… looked at his playboy due to his daily arousal that he woke up with every morning. Reid would never admit to himself or anybody that he had liked Vannah a little and that the night before he had dreamed of her because of the window incident and from time to time he would just dream of her.

Van’s POV

“Good morning.” I greeted my parents giving my mom a kiss on the cheek and then my dad.

My mom was a fashion designer, why we lived in the suburbs instead of some rich upscale place in L.A, because my parents didn’t want me to grow up that way and I thank them for that, mostly because I had a strong disliking for that environment all together. My dad was a children psychologist. Kinda weird but not really, it’s pretty cool. I had an older brother, but he was in college, well at least my parents thought he still was.

“Good morning sweetie. What do you have to do today?” My mom asked knowing I had something after school.

I did softball, lacrosse and I was in the school band. The last part isn’t very geeky though. According to everybody our band was hot. I had been playing softball since I was seven and lacrosse since I was twelve. I think out of all my favorite was lacrosse.

“Lacrosse so I’ll be home at 8.” I said estimating that we would go an hour over like we normally did.

“I have a session at 7 so Van and I will be home at the same time.” Dad said putting his coffee in the sink and giving mom a kiss before he left. “Bye.” He said leaving.

“I’ve got to go too.” Mom said getting up also.

“Same here.” I said with my mouth half full of my pop tart. I grabbed a bottle of apple juice, put it in my yellow book bag, grabbed my gym bag, lacrosse stick and my tenor case and going to my Prius. Nothing different was really happening today.

Reid’s POV

I yawned and scratched my head when I came into the kitchen.

“Reid, will you at least put some clothes on when you come into the kitchen in the morning.” Mom sighed when she came in behind me, heading to grab her coffee and whatever fruit she wanted to eat along the way.

“Sorry.” I shrugged grabbing a banana.

“And please eat breakfast today.” She said giving me a kiss before grabbing her stuff and leaving. “Bye.”

Mom was a judge (well three months ago a lawyer) and Dad had his own construction company. Some how I found it a little bit of a mix match type deal with my parents, almost like stripes a polka dots but whatever, I wasn’t in a bad family so hey, nothing to complain about.

“Bye.” Dad and I said at the same time as he came into the kitchen.

“Who won the game last night?” I asked Dad, since I didn’t watch it because I actually decided to study for that stupid test I had today (the same one Vannah was complaining about).

“Saints and they are going to the playoffs.” He said.

“Man, Jets are out, oh well. I have practice today so I’m going to be home late.” I said before getting ready to go back upstairs to get dressed because Otter would be here soon. Otter was my best friend, he had a weird name but he was my best friend. We are almost alike but he’s a little wilder than I am.

Right when I had pulled on my shirt I heard him honk outside. “I’m coming damn it!” I said opening the window. I saw a caramel colored middle finger stick out of the window and I laughed to myself.

“I’m gone.” I called getting my bags and leaving.

Yeap, nothing but a normal day.