Status: Be sure to check out Apokalypse The Unveiling: The Key, and Apokalypse The Unveiling 2: The Link

Redemption

The task at hand

Liela and Shaun hear the cries of the damned

They are heading towards the end of the cave

As Liela and Shaun leave the end of the cave, they see chained souls and demons walking about.

Shaun and Liela look at one another before proceeding.

A demon sniffs the air.

Demon

(sniffs)

I smell humans!

The demon rushes over to Liela and Shaun

DEMON

Why are you without chains? Speak quickly!

LIELA

Well, uh, you see we are under orders from Barabose.

DEMON

Ahhh, Barabose. I see. Does he not know the apocalypse is at hand? Why does he still bother with the recruitment of lost souls?

LIELA

It's a secret mission. If we tell you, we'll have to tell Barabose that we did.

DEMON

Ahh, so much difficulty. Such strife. Move it along and tell Barabose nothing of this affair.

Liela and Shaun keep walking

SHAUN

(whispers)

Who's Barabose?

LIELA

It's a long story.

A lost soul reaches from a wall while in chains, he begs for a cup of water.

Liela and Shaun continue their walk.

Mrs. Pendagras and Susan are walking in the cave.

mrs. Pendagras

So you're Susan? I'm Ashley

Susan

Nice to meet you.

Ashley

So your husband, is he an angel too?

SUSAN

Yes.

ASHLEY

How did you two come about? I mean.. well you know, the rules and all.

SUSAN

Well, Ashley. If you must know it was never intended. God told us separately that we would have a gift to share among us. That the gift would be brought forth from our loyalty, and to protect that gift.

ASHLEY

And how did you two come about being husband and wife?

SUSAN

It was in our human form. The love for our God and for one another took us over. As we grew older and the less we became in our angelic form the more human we became. Shortly after we fell in love and forgot the rules. We were only brought back to our angelic memories on the day of Shauns birth. Three nurses whom were Balita's freed our minds.

ASHLEY

Quite a story.

SUSAN

And you? Aren't you a Mrs. Pendagras?

ASHLEY

Oh that, haha! I simply use it to entertain the humans. I'm what they call single.

SUSAN

Do you think less of me? For forgetting my pledges to God?

ASHLEY

Oh none at all. I quite do believe that God intended for you and your husband to get together and bring about the Key. It was destiny my new friend.

SUSAN

Ah.. destiny.

ASHLEY

You seem unsure?

SUSAN

I'm a bit ashamed..

ASHLEY

Of what?

SUSAN

Everything.. yet I feel blessed to be ashamed in what I have been able to do for God.

ASHLEY

Oh my, sounds like you are fearful of what God thinks. Why didn't you ask Zooshada? She seems to have all the answers.

Susan says nothing.

ASHLEY

At any rate, we are here now. In the depths of hell searching for an angel who happens to be your husband whom also happens to be the father of the key. I think it all boils down to fate.

SUSAN

Quite possibly.. It's within my hopes.

Susan and Ashley stop talking and walking.

A demon approaches.

The demon stops and sniffs the air.

The demon lets out a yell and charges after Susan and Ashley.

Marcus is walking with Zooshada.

MARCUS

How do we know we're heading in the right direction?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Walk by faith and not by sight my dear boy.

MARCUS

Yes, but how do you know? How do you see it as.. as..

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

As a human?

MARCUS

Yes.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

One of the many gifts of prophecy I suppose.. Have faith Marcus, she's safe.

MARCUS

I can hear voices at the end of this hall.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Good, it means we're drawing close to a lair. There are multiple levels of hell and for the most part we can only hope that Henny is on the first level, else all is lost.

MARCUS

Please explain what you mean?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Any other layer below the first one is filled with torment and evil. It would be nearly impossible to get back out.

MARCUS

But I thought you said..

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Yes, I know what I said. Just have faith.