Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Party

"Let's make a pact" Bryan said. He put his hand out. "We're going to make our senior year the best year of our lives. Constant fun, no fighting, everything life should be and more" Leena put her hand over Bryan's. Soon Joe did, Sean hesitated but he joined in. Bryan smiled.

...

"My god" Bryan looked around Ross' living room. "How many people did you even invite?" he asked. Ross shrugged as he took a large gulp of the drink in his red solo cup.

"I'm thinking a good chunk of the junior and senior classes" Bryan and Ross high fived.

"Props, man" Ross handed Bryan his drink.

"Who the fuck is that?" Ross asked. They looked over to a group of girls who obviously looked a bit young to be here.

"Freshman maybe?" Bryan took a sip of the drink.

"Who the fuck invited freshman?" Ross asked. Bryan shrugged.

"It's your party shouldn't you know" Ross rolled his eyes at Bryan's sass. Ross headed across his living room to AJ, who was chatting up with Aiden and Joe.

"Who's that?" Ross asked. Being a bit intoxicated, her drunkenly pointed across the room. The three girls noticed and smirked and smiled at him.

"Kara, Carly and Haley" AJ said. "Kara happens to be Zack Moore's little sister" he said. "He brought her so I couldn't kick her out..."

"Oh" Ross kept looking at the girls. "Kara's kinda hot" he said.

"She's like 12, Ross" AJ said. "Please hold yourself to some kind of higher standard...even for your low self-esteem"

"Who said I had a low self-esteem?" Ross asked with a cheeky smirk. Ross picked up two cups and filled one with water and the other with beer. "I'm just a player with a game plan" Ross walked over.

"He's so insecure" Joe said. "But that was a good one-liner, Imma write that down for later"

Leena came up behind AJ and put her arms around his neck. "What's up mother fuckers"

"You seem cheery"

"My main bitches are back!" Leena said. "Lauren's here, Matt's here. I missed them!"

The unfortunate familiar tune of 'Slight Work' By Wale came on in the tiny speakers Ross put on the staircase. Leena smirked.

"This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me" Joe said. Leena took Joe's hand and dragged him to where most people were dancing.

"I CAN DO IT ALL AND IT AINT NO PROBLEM. AINT NOBODY HARDER THAN A NIGGA FOLARIN. BITCH, I GO HARD, I'M BALLIN, I'M GLOBETROTTIN" Leena screamed at the top of her lungs as she jumped up and down against Joe and others.

AJ and Aiden giggled. "Senior year has made Leena more mellow" Aiden said.

"Nah, I think that's the alcohol talking" AJ joked.

The front door opens and Kyle and Mike strut in like they own the fucking place. "My god it's pumpin in here!" Kyle exclaimed.

"KYLE!" Leena exclaimed.

"LEENA!" Kyle and Leena ran towards each other and Kyle jumped into her arms in which she proceeded to drop him cause he weighs too much for her to support. The two laughed hysterically while on the ground. Mike smirked.

"Hey Mike!" Sean walked over. "I didn't know you were in town. I thought you were in Europe with Em" Mike's smirk turned into a frown.

"No, we broke up" Mike said. "I came back" Sean walked away without saying anything else.

"Where's my girl at!" Kyle exclaimed. It was like a path opened up between Kyle and Lauren. Lauren ran into his arms. Lauren was much more eloquent when it came to weight distribution in a hug like this. "My god I missed you"

"We just saw each other last night" they giggled.

Mike smiled. They seemed really happy together, good for them. Sean came back to Mike with a red solo cup.

"Drink up my man" he said. Mike smiled.

"I need this, thanks"

"Where the fuck is the host?" Kyle asked. Sean shrugged.

"He was just here a minute ago..." Sean said.

"Oh well" Kyle said. "Where da weed at?" Sean smiled.

"Follow me my fellow weed connoisseur. We have the greatest selections of the classic Mary Jane. Something Miley couldn't even handle" Kyle and Sean walked away. Mike sipped at his drink.

"He's hot" Carly said. Haley rolled her eyes. Carly and Haley passed by Mike as they walked out the front door.

"He's Mike Phillips, he wouldn't give you the time of day" Haley joked.

Sohee, Holly and Vanessa walked up to the front door. "Oh the high school parties seem so mediocre compared to college ones" Vanessa said. "But a party is a party and Ross is such a cutie. I call dibs!" Vanessa smirked deviously. Holly didn't give a shit anymore, she lost her virgninity and was now on to bigger things. She's met a few potential boyfriends at westfield.

"No problem, he's yours" Vanessa smiled as she ran inside.

"Are you really okay with that?" Sohee asked.

"Yeah, it's not like Ross will go for it anyways. You heard about his mental breakdowns all summer. He's probably wasted screwing anyone with a pulse" the girls walked inside to Ross' house.

"Where are his parents?" Sohee asked.

"That's a really great question"

"BITCH YOU AINT A BOSS TIL YOU CUT A FUCKIN PAYCHECK. ONLY THING BETWEEN ME AND YOUR BITCH IS A LATEX. MAN, AND I AINT INTO SAVING THESE HOES! MY NIGGA, TELL ME WHERE YOU SEE THE CAPE AT!" Leena and Brooklyn sung together.

"Leena!" AJ cried. "Stop screaming I'm trying to listen!" AJ rolled his eyes and put his ear up to the police scanner in the kitchen.

"B-I-B-I BITCH, B-I-G"

"LEENA I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND!" AJ screamed. Aiden giggled.

"Come on" Aiden unplugged the scanner and the two moved downstairs into the basement where it was much quieter.

"Whats her obsession with that song anyways?" AJ asked. Aiden shrugged. AJ plugged the scanner into the wall. "Why is there so much activity going on in town?"

Aiden listened closely for the codes. "10-50" he said. "Under the influence of drugs?" he asked. they said more. "10-51 is code for drunk" he said.

"Why do you know codes so well?"

"My brother is a cop" he said. "Maybe some complaints about something" he said. "10-49"

"What's that?"

"Proceed to...98 Oak Street" Aiden said. "Where's that?"

"Ok street is off Main street on the upper east side" AJ said.

Aiden paused, he turned the scanner off. "Aren't we in the upper east side?" AJ ran upstairs. Aiden turned the scanner on. He repeated everything he heard. "10-49 98 Oak Street, 10-42 98 Oak street" he tried to put it into words. "damn it" he ran upstairs.

AJ was searching the crowd. "Anyone know the address of this house?" he called out. Bryan turned the music off.

"98 Oak Street" Bryan said. "Why?"

"Did someone order strippers!" Kyle exclaimed.

"No the cops are coming!" AJ said.

"Ok we practiced this!" Bryan exclaimed. Everyone scattered to hide the drugs and alcohol. "All the alcohol in the liquor cabinet" he handed all the bottles to Joe. "Where the fuck is Ross!?" he exclaimed.

"I'll check upstairs" Sean said. Sean ran up the stairs and down the hall to Ross' room. He busted into the room where Ross was naked on top of a girl he didn't know. "GOD DAMN" Sean closed his eyes.

Ross grabbed his sheets around his waist to cover himself. "What's going on?" Ross asked.

"The cops are coming...according to AJ" Ross panicked and start to put his clothes on. Sean uncovered his eyes.

"Who are you?" Sean asked the girl.

"I'm Kara" she said. Sean scrunched his face. He all of the names of people in his grade and in the grade below him. This 'Kara' was obviously a sophomore or a freshman, A.K.A way too young to be having sex with an almost 18 year old.

Leena ran upstairs and into Ross' room. "My god, Ross!" she said. "Have you lost your mind she's like 12"

"I'm 15" Kara said. Kara started to put her clothes back on. "I am so capable of making my own decisions"

Leena rolled your eyes. "Sure" Leena left the room, taking Sean with her. "Do we need to keep an eye on Ross?"

"Obviously" the two headed downstairs. Bryan was leading the clean up.

"They're so going to search the house" Bryan said as he furiously sprayed febreeze. Ross ran downstairs without a shirt on.

"I have a lock for the liquor cabinet, I can also lock the basement so no one can get in unless they ask" he said.

"I am not getting in trouble again" Bryan said. "I can't risk it" Ross put his hand gently on Bryan's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. We'll be fine" Ross smirked. Ross grabbed a hoodie of his hanging from the coat rack. "Are we all set?" he asked.

"Clean up is done" Bryan said. Kyle chuckled.

"AJ is better at this then you ever were" Matt joked. Kyle smiled. "My god, you could have at least learned the codes"

"I'm sorry. I like to party not wait around listening to old guys tell stupid jokes to one another" he said. "I did good"

"But never on time" Matt said. "Hey how's college for you?"

"Pretty easy, you?"

"It's awesome. All my professors are really nice"

"What's your roommates like?"

"Great. They love video games, I love video games, they like football and sports, I love sports, they love eating large amounts of food that should be donated to starving children in africa, I love food. It's just amazing!" he said. "You come by one weekend"

"If its that good I might as well transfer" Kyle joked. "How's Sohee...Holly. Does Rachel go there too?"

"Yeah, Rachel's around but I don't see her often. I have a math class with Holly and she's really come out of her shell. Sohee I see like everyday. Everyone seems really happy with adjusting" Kyle smiled.

"Well that's good news for all of us"

The room silenced when they could hear several commanding knocks on the door.

"fuck" Ross reached for the door knob but stopped to look around the room. Around 45, seniors, juniors and some freshman and sophomores all sitting around watching a college football game. Seems legit.

Ross opened the door and two police officers were looking at him menacingly. "Hello officers" he said simply. "Is there a problem?"

"I drove by" one of the officers said. "Thought I should check it out" he said. the one who was talking stayed in the door frame, but the second one came into the house and looked around. It looked very legit. Ross let both officers in willingly and they walked around.

Bryan, Leena, Joe and Sean stayed close to Ross. "If this goes sideways, run" Ross whispered.

"You know I will" Leena said. Bryan looked around the room. His eyes met with Sohee.

"Oh my god" he quickly looked away. Sean thought that was weird. He never even talked to Sohee that night and she's been there for a while. Didn't he know she was coming?

The party goes on as usual as the cops look around and inspect the kitchen.

"Hey Stephen" AJ made his way over to a tall, brunette boy with charming blue eyes. "Is Rory coming?"

"No, she's stuck on campus" he said. "I thought you knew"

"I just wanted--"

"To make sure she's not cheating?" Stephen asked.

"No..." he said. "I haven't heard from her. She said she might come but might not..."

"Next weekend she's coming home" he said with a smile. "We're going down for family weekend. You should come" AJ smiled.

"Yeah, I'll ask her"

"You know, AJ, she's always talking about you. She should never cheat"

"I know, but I'm paranoid..."

"Don't be"

One officer whispered something to another then turned to Ross. "Everything checks out. We'll be circling back around at 1--just to make sure you're all home safe" he said. Ross got the vibe that the officers knew something sketchy was going on, but chose to ignore it, giving them a chance to clean their shit up.

Ross nodded. "Thanks for checking in on us" he said. The officers left. Ross looked out the window and continued to watch them leave and drive away.

"Ok we're clear" Bryan said. "Get the liquor, get the bitches, it's on!" he exclaimed. Sean found that interesting.

"I thought you have a girlfriend" Sean said. Bryan gave Sean a really evil look.

"It's complicated" he said as he walked away.

"Yeah I love college" Kyle said. Sean walked over to where Kyle, Matt, Lauren, Sohee, AJ, Joe and Leena were sitting. "It's a lot easier then high school. Although I miss high school a lot"

"Me too" Lauren said.

"What are the parties like?" Leena asked. Sean rolled his eyes.

"Boring" Matt said. "The rooms at Westfield are so small. And not everyone on the floor likes to get down together" he explained. "I hear the senior dorm buildings are insane. Like alcohol everywhere, naked girls running around..."

"I can't wait for college" Joe said. "All I've been doing is starting a school wide twerk team"

"You have a TWERK TEAM?" Kyle exclaimed. "I've always wanted to join one!"

"Then lets go!" Leena, Joe and Kyle jumped up. "Blast the music!" the three got in position. "Wait for the beat to drop"

"drop like an earthquake" the song said. The three started twerking aggressively with their hands on the wall. Everyone laughed hysterically.

"Damn Kyle you got skills!" Ross said. "Where'd you learn to twerk like that?"

"Who else? Miley Cyrus of course!" everyone laughed.

"Anyone have a lighter?" Sean asked. Mike tossed his across the room. Sean lit the blunt, feeling the strange yet relaxing drug course through his body.

"You better pass that!" Kyle said. Sean passed the blunt around the little circle they were sitting in. "God, I haven't had weed in such a long time. My mom is super strict about drugs now that...you know everything"

Everyone stayed quiet. For so long they were trying to forget, and now Kyle had released the tons of brutal, bitter memories from earlier that year. Kyle immediately knew what he had done. No one wanted to think about Dakota's death anymore than they did before.

Kyle didn't need to distract them, though. Glass breaking snapped them all out of their day dreams.

"The fuck" Ross quickly got up and sprinted into the kitchen. Kara and a bunch of other freshman were giggling at the broken glass on the floor. "That's my parents wedding dishes" he said in a high pitched voice. He was more terrified then angry.

Leena and Joe poked their heads into the kitchen. "Who the fuck let the freshman in here" she spat.

"I might be a freshman, but I'm hotter then you" this girl slurred.

"She's drunk out of her mind" Joe said. "Someone drive her home"

"I am not drunk" the girl said.

"What's your name?" Leena asked.

"Carly" she slurred, she fell to the ground, on top of the broken glass. Joe rolled his eyes.

"Doesn't Lauren have a sister named Carly?" Ross asked.

"Lo!" Leena called. "I think you should see this" Lauren got up from Kyle's lap and crossed the room to the kitchen. Her face went from happiness to pure terror.

"CARLY!" she exclaimed. She helped her baby sister onto her feet. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I'm just having fun!"

"I'm so sorry, Ross!" Lauren said. "I told her she could come...this is my fault" Ross felt sympathy.

"No problem, just get her out of here, k?" Lauren nodded.

"NO!" Carly said. She pushed Lauren away from her. "I'm just fine!" the glass Carly was holding in her hand suddenly fell and hit the ground which made the girls laugh. Leena rolled her eyes.

"Let's call the cops and say a bunch of drunk bitches made their way in" Leena said.

"I'm not a bitch" Kara got all up into Leena's business. "You're a bitch!"

"Hey, wanna say it not spray it?" Leena pushed Kara away. Kara pushed Leena back. They kept pushing each other. Joe and Ross didn't know what to do. "You're going to act like a bitch I'm going to treat you like a bitch"

"FIGHT!" Nick Van Buren jumped up onto the counter and threw a wine glass at the wall. Ross ducked quickly to avoid being hit.

"HEY GET OFF OF THERE!" Ross exclaimed. Kara swung her arm to punch Leena in the face, but Leena grabbed her first and shoved her down.

Joe just stood back and watched this. "WHAT DO I DO!" he screamed. He ran into the living room where things were getting crazy. People were spraying alcohol on each other, even the seniors and the college students. "Oh my god" he said. He looked around, it was crazy. Why not join in?

Leena and Kara kept hitting each other. Leena backed Kara up against the counter and held her hands back so she couldn't attack. Carly got up and pulled Leena's hair back. Leena let go of Kara who proceeded to punch Leena aggressively. Lauren tried to split things up but it was hard.

Mackenzie watched as Ross' party turned into a zoo. She just liked watching. She liked watching these 'mature' icons pour alcohol all over each other.

She heard screaming. She got up from her seat on the staircase and followed the screams into the kitchen. The music was so loud it could be confused with the laughter.

She saw Lauren trying to pull Carly away from Leena and Kara. Mac, single-handedly pulled Kara off of Leena and pushed her onto the floor. She helped Leena back to her feet.

"Dude your back is cut up" Mac said.

"Hold on, I have to take care of this bitch" Kara got back onto her feet. Leena punched her in the face and soon enough Kara was stumbling back onto the floor almost unconscious. "Thanks" she said. Leena walked into the other room.

Lauren rolled her eyes. "I can't believe this happened"