‹ Prequel: My W Unit
Status: NaNoWriMo story, be patient for updates I'm wicked busy this month

Helping Terra

Invasive Questions

What… um.” He frowned and slowly asked, “You do not have mating seasons?”
“Um, well not really. We are more human based so we are biologically more human in our reproductive cycles.”
“I do not understand.”
“Females once they reach sexual maturity menstruate on average every 28 days. They’re fertile when they aren’t menstruating.”
“Menstruating?”
“Each month if the female is regular, she will bleed due to not being pregnant. Sometimes the female wants nothing to do with intercourse while she is on her period, another word for menstruating, other times she does. It’s dependent on the female.”
“You can… become pregnant any season?”
Tearnyn nodded, “Yep. Do wolves only have, I mean mate only during the season?”
“Yes, only time fertile.”
“What about the werewolves here?”
“I do not know. I live with my pack, I do not go to Alpha Roik’s territory.”
“I see. It’s so weird to think you only mate during a certain season.”
He looked at her like she was crazy, “You weird, you are like rabbits.”
Tearnyn looked at him for a moment and then burst into laughter, “Oh goddesses you are right.” She fell back so she was lying on the grass.
“If you are fertile year round, have pups when you are not… menstruating?”
“Technically yes, but a female doesn’t always get pregnant when she has sex and obviously if she is pregnant she can’t get pregnant again.”
“But you said she always fertile when not menstruating.”
“Kind of. Um, I guess it’s more degrees of fertility and the reproductive system is more complicated than always fertile or not. How much do you know about the reproductive system of werewolves and humans?”
“I live with wolf pack. Not much.” He gave her a look she glared back at.
“I am aware thank you, but I don’t know how much you’ve learned over the years.”
“I stay in my territory. I interact with my pack, few lost werewolves, aggressive werewolves, and Elder Elrry.”
“Thank you for clearing that up.”
“Your sarcasm not liked.”
“You know what sarcasm is but you’re giving me skit for not knowing how much you know about your own species? Men.” Tearnyn sighed as Sin rolled his eyes.
“What are you two talking about?” Elrry walked over to them having just entered into the clearing.
“Reproductive systems and mating season.” Tearnyn replied as she sat up. “Afternoon Elder Elrry.”
“Hello Miss Tearnyn. Sin.” He smiled at the two young adults. “Why are you talking about mating seasons and sex organs?”
“Tearnyn knows not mating seasons.” Sin answered, facing the Elder.
Elrry looked at Tearnyn surprised. “Really?”
“Her kind can mate year round.”
“You are my kind.” She looked over at Sin pointedly. “Just so you know I am giving you a pointed look.”
“I blind, but I can feel your eyes.” He scowled. “And you different than my kind here.”
“Just because we evolved a little different in the way of mating doesn’t mean we aren’t the same kind.” Tearnyn argues, then she turned to Elrry and asked, “Is it only the female werewolves that are sexually active only during the mating season or do males only produce sperm when the females are ready to ovulate?”
Sin looked at her confused while Elrry cocked his head, “I am unsure. I am not a doctor and have never found the need to ask.”
“Well, if a man orgasms out of season does he ejaculate?”
Elrry shifted, a little uncomfortable by Tearnyn’s questions. He was old and has been asked many things, but never such things as this conversation was about. He has even given a few male pups the sex talk but never a female. “Yes.”
“Then we can conclude for now that the only difference between me, Morgana, and Yurik and the werewolves on Terra are the female evolution.” She poked Sin in the side as she smirked, “We aren’t as different as you think.” Sin growled at her causing her to laugh. “Thank you for answering my questions.”
Elrry shook his head with a smile on his lips, “No problem.” Tearnyn was different. Not bad different, but definitely something new to this world and to the lives of the people she has come in contact with. He was not sure if Sin appreciated her uniqueness, but he knew he did. “Behave.”He warned as he patted Sin on the head and headed over to the Alphas.
“Do you think before speaking?” Sin asked.
“What do you mean?”
“What you asked. Elrry was… uncomfortable.”
“He didn’t have to ask, I was only curious.”
“Curiosity killed rabbit.”
“There are billions more, besides I can’t help it I love learning new things. Though,” Tearnyn titled her head back, “Those questions may have been more because of my mother.”
“Mother?”
“Yeah, my mum’s a doctor so whenever I wondered about something that had to do with the anatomy I’d ask her.”
“Anadomy?”
“Anatomy, the body. I’ll bring a book next time for you.”
“Yes because I can see it.” Sin commented wryly.
“Aren’t you a tall man of sass today? I can read it to you and if you have questions you can ask me.”
“I think prefer watching pups instead.”
Tearnyn groaned, “You are so closed minded! Learn a little.”
“I have been doing fine.”
“For now! But one day you’ll be wondering something and you’ll go ‘damn should have had Tearnyn teach me things’ and then you’ll never know.”
“I be fine. You so…” He scrunched up his face in concentration.
“Awesome?”
“No.” Tearnyn made a face as Sin thought. “Over…”
“Are you trying to call me dramatic?”
“What does mean?”
“Forceful in effects or speaking, acting in a flamboyant way.”
“Yes.”
“Ouch Sin. That hurts me emotionally.” She poked him again but this time on the shoulder.
“You one saying things in dramatic way.”
“If you say so. Well, I can see I’m not wanted here. I think I’m going to go.”
“Because I called you dramatic?” Sin asked with a head tilt.
“Naw, I’m kidding on that part but I do need to get back. I promised Morgana and Yurik we could hang out together.” Sin nodded content that he did not offend her too much. She said good-bye to all of the wolves and headed back to the village. Like she promised, Tearnyn met her friends at the tavern and sat down for dinner and a drink. They talked a little bit about each person’s project and then went on to others things. It was not until they had been there for a while that Tearnyn brought up the mating season.
“Oh, I have something to inform you of. So apparently on Terra werewolves have mating seasons.” Morgana and Yurik looked at her dumbstruck. “Yeah, I know. Anyway, they are entering into it now as is obvious with the spicy sweet scent in the air.”
“Wait I’m smelling lust and impending sex?” Yurik asked with wide eyes.
“Yes sir. Yurik, you have to be especially careful. Males tend to get more aggressive and if you happen to get near their mate they’ll probably fight you.”
“How do you know this?”
“Had an interesting talk with Sin and Elrry.”
“Interesting how? Did you scar the poor boy we haven’t met but sounds as innocent as new fallen snow?”
“Why are you assuming I scarred him? Plus he isn’t a boy, I’m pretty sure he’s around your age.” Tearnyn pouted.
“Darling, you are the bluntest person we know. If you talked about something weird, you probably did more damage than you think.” Morgana patted Tearnyn’s arm. “And we’ll deem him not boy when we meet him.”
“If you ever do. The Silver Back Pack doesn’t seem to like wolves from other packs.”
“Except you?”
“They saved my ass and then I saved one of their pups.”
“You sure know how to make people love you without trying.”
“Yeah, only had to be drugged and apparently fight a she-wolf to gain favor. Boom. All in a day’s work.”
“You are amazing… now what did you talk to them about?”
“Reproduction and mating season.”
“Why am I not surprised?” Morgana groaned.
“What? I was curious! Things are different here and he asked how I didn’t know about mating season so I vaguely explained how females menstruate just about every month.” Her friends scrubbed their hands over their faces in disbelief. “Hey! He wasn’t freaked out or anything. Though Elrry may have been more uncomfortable than Sin.”
“Wait a minute, which ones Sin and which is Elrry?” Yurik asked. “I think I’m confusing them.”
“Elrry is the Elder that floats between both packs. Sin is the Caretaker of the Silver Back Pack.”
“What does Sin look like?”
“Um, tall, tan, dark almost black eyes, white hair-“
“Didn’t we meet him the day Tearnyn returned?” Yurik turned to Morgana, trying to think back to that crazy day.
“Is he kind of awkward and talks in choppy sentences?” Morgana addressed Tearnyn.
“Yep, although his speech is getting better.” Tearnyn replied.
“We did meet him! He’s the one who told us where to find you. And you are right, he definitely isn’t a boy.” Morgana purred.
Tearnyn scrunched up her face, “Weird, but okay.”
“How did you make Elrry uncomfortable? He looks like he knows everything.”
“I may have asked him if men here ejaculate out of mating season.”
Both of her friends went still and stared at her. The entire table was silent for a good two or three minutes until Yurik finally stated, “You are never allowed out of our sights again.” He shook his head still looking at her. “You can’t ask shit like that.”
“Why not? And to be fair I was trying to prove a point… and sate my curiosity.”
“Because those questions make people incredibly uncomfortable and how so?”
“We are a culture that finds it perfectly okay to walk around naked I think they can handle sex questions. And Sin segregated us three into our own kind like we were different altogether. I was simply seeing if we were different species of werewolf. Come to find out, only the females evolved differently.”
“What he or she does in their private time does not need to be questioned even if werewolves are a bit freer in our ways. Couldn’t you have found a different way to compare the two werewolves?”
“That was the easiest and you are beginning to sound like a human. Though not my mom.”
“Even your mom would not ask that question.” Yurik looked at her pointedly.
Tearnyn snorted, “You crazy? Of course she would, especially if it meant winning an argument with my dad.”
“I have to agree with that, your mom sure can ask pretty invasive questions.”
“I know. Some of our conversations were awkward.”
“What were they about?” Yurik asked.
“My nonexistent sex life.”
“See if you are uncomfortable about it then don’t ask others about theirs.”
“I wasn’t asking Elrry specifically and I got over it.”
“Nonetheless, he’s still a guy and answering that question would entail he knows something.”
“Knows doesn’t mean done.”
“Don’t split wolf fur Tearnyn.”
“Fine, I concede. I won’t ask any more intrusive questions unless given permission.” Tearnyn pouted as she put her chin in her hand. “Party pooper.”
“I feel like your handler.” Yurik mutter while running his fingers through his hair. In retaliation, Tearnyn stuck out her tongue and laughed when Yurik glared at her.
“It’s weird to think that werewolves have a mating season.” Morgana thought aloud.
“I know, but thinking about it I wouldn’t mind.”
“Why?” Yurik asked curiously.
“Because having a period each month is annoying and at times painful.”
“I hear ya. I feel gross when I’m on mine.” Yurik raised a brow at Morgana’s confession. “Don’t raise your brow at me, I’m bleed from my-”
“I’m aware. I’m just surprised since you two never complain.” Morgana and Tearnyn looked at each other and then shrugged. “Next time you’re on it I’ll buy you something sweet.”
“Aw you’re so old fashion.” Morgana cooed.
“Call me a gent.”
“They still exist?” Tearnyn mocked with a grin.
“Ouch.” He placed a hand over his heart. The trio spent the next hour in the tavern before leaving back to their room. It was another two hours of talking before they stripped off their clothes and went to bed. Over the course of the next week, they watched with curiosity as the village slowly shifted to a more… romantic atmosphere. It would have been fine if Yurik did not almost get into a fight three times and men tried to seduce Morgana and Tearnyn. After a week they got fed up with the mating environment and went to talk to Alpha Roik.
♠ ♠ ♠
As awkward as this chapter can get, some of the things said makes me laugh. What do you think?