Status: New and in the works :)

I'm New to This

Two

Just as Lexis had promised, we met up with a couple of his friends for lunch. As we approached the food court I seen him wave to a group of three people sitting at one of the many tables. Among closer inspection, I noticed that there were two girls and one guy.

The first girl had brilliant red hair falling to the middle of her back, the second was a blonde whose hair was in the stereotypical scene fashion, all puffed out in layers with massive amounts of product, and the guy had dark brown hair, almost black, his was in a similar style to mine, but a bit shorter.

When we got to the table, Lexis smiled and went to introduce us. “Hey guys, this is Valik,” he pointed to me, and then to Blaithe. “And this is Blaithe. They're new here.”

I tried to smile politely, but when they all looked at me it was a little nerve wracking. “Hello.”

The red head squealed. “Oh my! You're accent is so cute!”

I blushed and hid my face slightly. “Thank you.” Luckily I knew the basics of English, like please, thank you, hello, goodbye, and so on. I just hoped the conversations didn't go past my language abilities.

“Hi, I'm Marcia,” the blonde started. “This is Alana,” she pointed to the redhead. “And this is Rayne.” she pointed to the brunette guy last.

I nodded at each in turn. I wasn't entirely sure what I should say, besides, “Nice to meet you all.”

Me, Blaithe and Lexis took seats at the table and the girls started asking Blaithe where he had come from and many other questions. Lexis, however, turned to me and smiled.

“So, Valik, is it alright that I call you Val?” he smiled.

I had never had someone else besides Blaithe call me Val, but somehow, I knew I would be good friends with Lexis. “Sure. I do not mind.”

“Great!” he giggled. He brushed some of the hair off his face and smiled again.

“You and your friends all go to same school?” I asked. I was trying really hard to get my English right, I didn't want to seem like a fool.

“Yeah, we have most of the same classes except our electives. Marcia and Rayne take music, Alana takes a drawing course, and I take photography. Other then that we have the same classes, though Rayne and Alana have math and English at different times than me and Marcia.” he leaned back in his chair as he was talking, it seemed he was much more relaxed than I was.

“Oh, well that is...um...interessante...” I fumbled for the right word.

“He means interesting.” Blaithe put in.

“Thank you.” I smiled at my friend, I was lucky I had him here to help with my English.

“I could have guessed.” Lexis laughed. “It sounds a lot like the English word.”

I smiled. At least he wasn't put off by my lack of language skills. I leaned back a little and ran my hands through my hair, it was nice being around people other than Blaithe, but at the same time it was a little stressful having to always think about what I say.

We sat and talked for a while longer before I noticed that the other guy, Rayne, hadn't said a word. He was, however, glancing at me fairly often, it was making me uncomfortable to be honest. I didn't voice my thoughts with Lexis, I didn't want to seem paranoid, but something about the way Rayne kept looking at me was making me uneasy.

After we had been chatting for about two hours, Rayne announced he had to head home for whatever reason, I didn't really pay attention, I was too wrapped up in talking with Lexis. But when a note fell into my lap as he passed it made me wonder. I would wait until I got home to read it, so I just shoved it in my pocket when no one was looking.

Eventually though, Blaithe said we had to be going, stating that we had more unpacking to do. I knew he was making up an excuse, he was finished unpacking a week ago, I on the other hand, wasn't finished yet, so I guess there was some truth to his statement.

Blaithe, perché vuoi lasciare così male? Mi sto divertendo, non è vero?” I asked him. I probably could have said it in English, but I didn't want to sound like a fool, nor did I want them to know why we were leaving.

Perché ... non mi piace essere adulato. So che ti piace di lui ... ma possiamo solo aspettare fino a scuola per rivederlo?” he pleaded. He must be really uncomfortable to put it that way. I suppose we could leave.

“Alright.” I turned to Lexis. “Sorry we must go, we have things to do.”

He smiled. “That's ok. I'll see you at school.”

I smiled and stood up with Blaithe. “That would be nice. Goodbye.”

As we left I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like seeing him again, what would happen? These thoughts ran through my mind the entire way home, I couldn't stop thinking about the boy with the enchanting green eyes.

When I was getting ready for bed later that evening, I felt something in one of my jeans pockets. That's when I remembered I never did look at the note Rayne had dropped on my lap earlier. I took it out and unfolded it slowly. To my surprise it was written in perfect Italian.

So che ti piace Lexis, e so che gli piaci, ma non potrei mai essere buono per voi come potrei essere. Perché non scoprite dopo il vostro primo giorno di scuola, vieni al mio posto. -Rayne

I let out the breath I had been holding. Who did he think he was saying things like that? Sure, he's good looking, but honestly, I would rather have Lexis if it came down to choice. My thoughts that night as I fell asleep were of only Lexis, and I'll admit, some of them were perhaps inappropriate, but hey, I'm a guy, thoughts like that just happen, and perhaps, in the future, the real thing could happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's part two, enjoy!

Italian translations

interessante = interesting

Blaithe, perché vuoi lasciare così male? Mi sto divertendo, non è vero?
= Blaithe, why do you want to leave so bad? I'm having fun, aren't you?

Perché ... non mi piace essere adulato. So che ti piace di lui ... ma possiamo solo aspettare fino a scuola per rivederlo?
= Because...I don't like being fawned over. I know you like him...but can we just wait until school to see him again?

So che ti piace Lexis, e so che gli piaci, ma non potrei mai essere buono per voi come potrei essere. Perché non scoprite dopo il vostro primo giorno di scuola, vieni al mio posto. -Rayne
= I know you like Lexis, and I know he likes you, but he could never be as good for you as I could be. Why not find out after your first day of school, come to my place. -Rayne

Comment&&Subscribe&&Recommend??