Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

Aftermath

These past two weeks have been very hard. With Jack in the hospital, I didn't know how to function. Lizzy has been closed off, rarely ever leaves her room. I am not sure if it was the picture that got her, or if it was everything else. Vic was constantly at my side, he said he didn't know how to feel about the picture. He wasn't upset, but at the same time he was. He said it made him realize how foolish he was, that he has many regrets to live with now. I, on the other hand, didn't suspect anything between Kellin and Lizzy. I mean yes; it was weird seeing Lizzy so open and close with Kellin, but that’s how I was with Vic before Lizzy freaked out on me. So, really the thought of them dating didn't cross my mind.

The head master gave me last Monday and Tuesday off to make sure I was stable enough to go back and concentrate Wednesday. Lizzy didn’t want off, so I begged Vic to look past his feelings for those two days so he could walk her to her classes, he agreed since this was something important. When the school day was over, he'd walk her to her room and the two of us would have dinner when he left. We barely slept, watching as many movies as we could before the sun would come up and it was time to get ready for class. When Wednesday came around, Vic came back to walk the both of us to breakfast, then after dropping Lizzy off at the drama department, we'd walk together to music class. We had dinner at his room that night. It was actually fun. We laughed, sang show tunes, and we even put makeup on his face. Well I did mostly everything, Lizzy at least smiled once. I had to take a picture of him doing the Duck Lips face; it was priceless.

Yesterday went by so slowly, but it was probably because of the anticipation of seeing Jack and Kellin. They're getting checked out today we are all antsy to see them. Even though they would be on bed rest for the next three weeks, it's still nice having them close by. On the upside of everything, Lizzy went to the headmaster and spilled everything about Max and his crew on Sunday. She told him about Max's older brother stalking her as of last year, about the little game that he and Tally played with the students, even about how she got raped by his brother. It all came out, so justice was served; Max, along with his boys were kicked out of school and arrested. His older brother was charged with sexual assault, rape, and attempted murder. Tally was given a strike. Oh happy day. I can only tell you how ecstatic I was that day. I watched them lug Max away with handcuffs on his wrists, laughing hysterically all the while. I'm so glad he's gone; who knows what would've happened if JT didn't alert the authorities right away.

Right now though, all I'm thinking about is seeing Jack. JT asked for the friends of Kellin and Jack not to visit them so often so that the doctors could make sure that they recover enough to make the trip home. It was like every time we came around they wanted to act like they're already healed. I can't wait to see them; I missed those two around campus so much. Even Kelly.

"Ugh, what's taking them so long?" Naomi groaned, pacing my room.

"I know, I feel like they're doing this on purpose," I roll my eyes, crossing my arms.

I've been sitting on my bed for the past hour waiting for them to crash into my room with big smiles, but at this point I have gotten impatient. Plus with half the group hanging, okay just the girls of the group, in my room it was feeling kind of crowded. Lizzy sat in stoic silence in the corner. Not even answering any question anyone asked her. She still hasn’t said a word about the picture or what it meant. In fact I can barely get her to say anything.

"Okay," Naomi says stopping at my window to look out, "maybe they were held up by the rest of the guys or something."

"Maybe," I say as I get up to change out of my pj pants. She closes the curtain as I pull out a gray skater skirt and slide it on. I button up a black peacoat and lace up my black combat boots. "I'm going out to wait for them, want to join?"

"Sure," Lizzy said in a zombie tone.

She buttoned up her matching red peacoat and we head out the door. On our way towards the main building of the campus, I spot two boys being rolled towards us in wheelchairs. I felt happiness surge over me and I beamed from ear to ear. Lizzy sighed sadly, and walked slowly behind me as I ran towards them. Approaching Kellin first.

"Aw Alan, did you miss me?" He opens his arms, "bring it in. Just this once."

I scoff, "yeah right, I did not miss you." Jack and Kellin exchange glances while I roll my eyes. "Fine," I surrender, giving him a curt hug. I back away and cross my arms.

I look at the chair next to Kellin and my heart starts to race. He is the most perfect thing I have ever seen. He looks up with a big smile on his face. Oh my gosh. I race toward him and sit myself on his lap and received a disapproving look from the nurse who was pushing him. I ignore her and he kisses me. Man, how I've been waiting for this moment. We break apart and my eyes start to well up in tears.

"What's wrong baby," he asks, wiping the first one away, "I'm here."

I smile, "I just missed you so much."

He gives me a sad smile, "I know, I missed you too." I wipe my eyes as he wraps his arm around me. "How are you?" He strokes my hair and asks.

"I'm great," I say looking up at him. "I'm sure you've heard the news about the guys who beat you and Kellin up were arrested, so that made me happy."

“Yeah we heard,” Kellin said his eyes glued on Lizzy who was staring at her feet, and crying.

"Yeah, I would've been more than happy to punch Max in the face, but it's fine. I'm sure he's got it coming for him where he's going." He chuckles and he leans his head against my chest.

I missed this so much, I missed everything about him. I felt that day flooding through my head, I don't know if I can ever erase those sounds or images from my mind.

"I'm sorry you had to go though that, I should've known that he was a psycho." He rubs his thumb across my hand.

"It's fine-" I didn’t want to think about it.

"No it's not," he says shaking his head. "I can't believe one of those jerks hit you, you can't imagine how mad I was."

"I think I can," I say, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Well everything is okay now," he says lifting my head to look at him.

I stare at his face, the picture I had of him that day flashing back and forth. I shut my eyes and turn away; even though it's done and over with, it still hurts so much.

"You know," he starts, "it's kind of funny, because as they were having at me, all I could think about is what they would do with you once they were through with me." I look back up at him, trying my best to push those memories to the side for now; I wanted this to be a happy moment.

"I love you, Jack." I couldn't stop myself from saying it, it just came out.

I didn't regret it. He looked genuinely surprised and relieved at the same time.

"You have no idea how badly I've wanted to hear those words."

I smile because I knew that I really meant it. He runs his fingers through my hair then wraps his hand onto my neck, pulling me in for a kiss. I comb my fingers through his hair, enjoying the moment.

"Ugh, get a room." Kellin gags.

"Don't encourage them," for a moment Lizzy sounded like herself, even smiling beautifully at Kellin before shutting down again.

I giggle as I get off of Jack, allowing the nurses to push the boys to their rooms.

"What’s wrong with Lizzy?” Kellin asked while Lizzy walked rapidly ahead. I told him about the picture and what it said. A look of deep sadness filled his eyes. “How could they? Do they know how long that will keep her in her shell? Of course they do - that's why they did it. My fragile girl.”

Jack gave me a sad look and I wished that I could somehow make things better for Lizzy.
♠ ♠ ♠
-K_K