The Boy on the Blue Moon

CHAPTER FOUR - KELLIN

The music was so loud I couldn’t hear my own thoughts. The bass was making my chest shake a little along with it. I couldn’t be any happier; I was so wasted it was funny. I missed drinking and snorting, it made things so much better! I could see the melody and the lights were like a part of the music.
- Quinn, are you enjoying yourself? – Gabe said behind me.
- Oh, yes. Yes I am! – I said, maybe a little too fast. I was so enthusiastic. I wanted to dance on the roof… Hey, that wasn’t such a bad idea! – Gabe, we should all go and dance on the fucking roof. That’d be mental!
- You’re mental – he rolled his eyes and I laughed. – Don’t you dare to go to the roof, Kellin. You’re drunk and high and I don’t want you to end up killing yourself in my party.
- I must do that! – I screamed. – Imagine how much fun it would be to die drunk. It’s probably painless…
- Shut up, Kellin. I’m getting you a bottle of water. You need to calm down before you do something stupid.
- Water sucks, get me a beer! – I told him as he disappear, going near the kitchen. I never wanted to come down from this high. I should probably get a beer myself. Or dance, yes, dancing would be fun. I was deciding if I was going back to the kitchen or if I was going to dance when I saw him, that Fuentes kid. He looked kind of cute with that frighten look on his face. His deep brown eye laid on mine for only a second and he looked away, like he was trying to avoid eye contact.
- That’s so, so, so funny! - I laughed. I was in the mood to have a good laugh, so I walked towards him. He was drinking beer yet he didn’t seem to like it very much, he was frowning and eemed really uncomfortable.
- Well, well, well, look who’s here! - I didn’t want to scream, but my stupid high pitched voice was out of my control right now. He looked up and I saw his eyes darken. Vic opened his mouth like he was about to say something, but no sound came out.
-The cat got your tongue? Aww…
- W-what do you want?
- I didn’t know you were the partyyy type!
- Are you high? - a glimpse of concern appeared on his dark brown eyes.
- Fuck off - I mumbled. That typical scared puppy face came back and I decided that I’ve had enough of making fun of him; after all I still wanted to dance and maybe jump off the roof or something. That’d be fantastic… But why couldn’t I move and leave, then? Fuck, at moments like this I hate being so wasted.
- Don’t worry, I’m just fucking around with you, love - I cracked a smile and finally walked away. I went to the living room where most people were dancing. Finally somewhere people were as excited as me. I don’t even know how to describe how I was dancing. I was letting the bass guide me on the dance floor since I didn’t trust my senses.
- Hey Kellin - I heard a soft voice right behind me. It was that pretty ginger girl from my Spanish class, the skinny one with long hair and freckles on her nose and some around her cold green eyes. I think her name was Maya.
- Hi there, Maya - I half smiled. It was obvious what she wanted. Her pinkish lips were slightly open and she was staring at my mouth. Even though she was quite hot, I didn’t feel any attraction towards her. I tried to ignore that feeling; she was hot and I was needy.
- Want to sit down for a while? I could get us a drink - her smile was quite contagious.
- Nah, forget about the drink - I said as I pulled her closer to me, my hands on her narrow waist.
- Should I forget about sitting down too?
- Definitely - I whispered as I leaned forward until our lips collapsed together. Her lips were soft and she tasted like vodka and lemonade. It was a good combination, but it didn’t blow my mind or anything. I was hoping I’d want to tear out her clothes and make her scream my name, yet this feeling never came.
Maya broke the kiss and led me to one of the couches in the darker side of the room. She whispered something about privacy, but I wasn’t paying enough attention to figure out what. I was starting to feel the effects of coke wearing off and I didn’t like it. I sat on the couch and Maya sat on my lap as she eagerly trailed kisses from my jaw line down to my neck. She found one of my soft spots and I allowed myself to moan lightly. I mean, that’s what I’m expected to do, right? These thought needed to go away, so I flipped her so she was under me. Her cold eyes were filled with lust and it made me smile. It’s been a while since I last made out with someone, so I was glad Maya was so easy. I started to grind against her, my lips never leaving hers. I could hear her soft moans lightly under the loud music. Her soft hands started to wander through my body and suddenly I felt uncomfortable. Her hands were under my shirt. When she started to scratch my back, she ended up scratching where my dad hit me earlier and shit, it hurts. That’s what it took to completely ruin the moment.
- What, what happened? - she asked when I stopped grinding and kissing her, standing up quickly.
- Nothing, Maya. I just need more coke - I half lied. - I’ll be right back.
Now that’s a lie, I thought as I walked away. I'm not getting back. Fuck, why did that happen? I was finally getting in the mood and then my dad ruins everything again and he’s not even here. I walked quickly to the room next to the kitchen, where Justin had left that wonderful, magical, white powder. I had a dark smile on my face while I made twice the white lines I usually do. I got the old credit card and the 20 dollar bill out of my pocket and I was ready for action. It didn’t take long until I was numb and kind of paralyzed again. I needed a drink, desperately. I cleaned my nose on my sleeve to make sure there wouldn’t be any traces of coke on it. I walked into the kitchen and the bright light made me cringe. I got myself a bottle of vodka and poured in a plastic cup for myself. I drank it as fast as possible; it made me slightly light headed. Great! When I was ready to drink another cup (unconsciously I wanted to pass out) I noticed a pair of brown puppy eyes staring at me.
- Hmmm, are you okay? - he asked, but I was focused on something behind him. Dark green eyes, hate stamped on them.
What the fuck was my dad doing here? He couldn’t be here. It wasn’t possible. I shook my head only to make me feel dizzier.
- What are you doing here? – I asked nervously. Vic looked so confused and scared it would be funny if I wasn’t so terrified. I could imagine how scared he was. My dad was so close he could touch him if he wanted.
- Well, hmm, I was invited here, well, sort of, my brot-
- Not you, him! – I pointed at my dad. I felt my stomach turning, like I was going to be sick.
- Didn’t you say that killing yourself would be fun? – his voice was haunting and it hurt my ears. The pleasure is all mine. I’d b glad to finish the task I was too lazy to finish earlier. And sure you know I’m killing your boy toy here too, right? – he said as his hands fell on Vic’s shoulders.
- Vic, get the fuck out of here! – I screamed. I shouldn’t have. My father came straight to me, his hands reaching for my throat. Suddenly, the lights were too bright and I couldn’t see a thing because it hurt too much.
- Kellin? – I heard Vic softly calling my name. Why wouldn’t he go away? He was going to get himself killed. I couldn’t see where my dad was anymore. Everything was so confusing and blurry it made my head hurt.
- Are you crazy or what? Get out!
- What did you take? – his voice was calm, even if it had a bit of a worried tone. – Kellin, you’re…
- He’s going to kill you, you fucking prick! – I shouted, trying to make him understand what was actually going on. I grabbed his shirt collar as soon as I found it. He was scared of me, right? Nothing better than that to emphasize my words.
- W-what? Who’s going to kill me?
- My dad! – I couldn’t exactly feel anything but this growing panic sensation on my chest and I felt tears strumming down my cheeks, bringing a sour taste to my mouth. My dad usually beats me up harder when he sees me cry, so I had to stop. – He’s going to kill both of us! It’s my fault, all my fucking fault, my fault…
I was on my knees. I felt Vic’s hand softly touch my shoulder. Why wouldn’t he just leave?!
- There is no one here, Kellin. Only you and me. You’re safe, it’s okay.
- He’s lying – that haunting voice whispered. – I’m right here.
- Oh God, he’s here – I managed to whisper through my sobs. – I’m dead. I’m so dead.
- I… I’m getting you some water. But it’s okay. You’ll be okay – he kept talking but his words no longer made sense to me. That feeling was getting me overwhelmed and I couldn’t breathe. My dad’s hands were around my throat, stopping my breathing.
- He got me, Vic, run, please leave – I cried out. I tried to open my eyes to see if Vic was gone, but whenever I tried to open up my eyes, it was painfully bright.
- Kellin, now listen to me. I don’t know what’s up, but your dad is not here. Open your eyes – he demanded.
- Can’t.
- Open them – he was a little bit harsh, I didn’t even know he could be like that. I tried to open my eyes slowly, tried to get used to the bright blinding lights. Vic’s face was too bright. His eyes were full of fear and worry. – Now calm down. Look around. You’re safe – his voice was surprisingly calming. I looked up to see Justin behind Vic. It made me scream in surprise.
- Hey, hmm, I don’t know what’s… - Vic started.
- Leave – Justin demanded with a cold voice. Vic stared at me for a few seconds before he left. His concerned eyes were gorgeous.
- Come on, Kells. What the fuck did you do this time?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! I'm really proud of this chapter, and finally we're going somewhere with this fic! ahahaha, I hope you like it, and comment on it maybe?