‹ Prequel: Do I?

Drink a Beer

Seven

Brooklyn POV
I sighed and walked to a car rental place. I rented a SUV for myself and started to drive away with Pittsburgh in my rearview mirror.

Dimitri's POV
Where would Brooklyn go? She might go to Philly or she might go to Montreal with Max and Christina. She could possibly be in Coal Harbour too. I marked all those places on the map of North America that was hanging on my wall. Where else could she go? She always said she wanted to go to Chicago and she wanted to go to LA too. I sighed in frustration. I walked downstairs and sat at the island in the kitchen with my head in my hands.

(The conversations with Geno, Dimitri, and Natasha are in Russian)

"Dimitri?" I heard my dad ask

"Yeah?" I looked up

"I think she's in Georgia" he said

"Why would she be in Georgia?" I asked confused.

"She might be going down there to clear her head. Maybe sit down on the beach for a change or something."

"Dad?"

"Yeah" he asked

"I'm sorry that I've been so bitter towards you lately. I'm lucky to have you now. You may not have been there when I was a kid but you're here now." I said with a smile.

"I'll always be there for you." He said with a smile.

"Thanks Dad" I smiled.

"Did you figure out where Brooklyn is?" My mom asked.

"We have a few hunches" I sighed.

"Who's going to travel with you?" My mom asked.

"Sid" my dad said.

"Okay" my mom replied and I walked into the living room and called Sid and told him that we should start looking for Brooklyn tomorrow. He agreed and we were going to leave tomorrow morning at 5 and drive to Georgia first. I sighed an started to pack my suitcase.

The next morning Sid picked me up and we were on our way to Georgia. I had brought a small map with all the cities that Brooklyn could be in marked on it. I was driving Sid's Range Rover while he was making calls to everyone he knew that lived in a particular city. No one had seen her but they said that they would keep their eyes open for her.

"Do you think we'll find her?" So said worried.

"We find her Sid. Don't worry." I reassured.

"What happens if we can't find her?" He asked sadly.

"Sid don't think like that!" I said and he was silent. "I know you sad and frustrated but you have to have hope. If you don't than how we gonna find her. We never going to give up." I said while looking at him with a serious look on my face.

"You're right. I just need to control my emotions" he said leaning his head on the headrest.

About 10 hours later we arrived in Georgia and night was just about to fall. Sid and I checked into the hotel room and we fell asleep. We spent two days in Georgia and continued our search. About two weeks later we were in our last stop in the states which was LA. I was driving down Rodeo Drive with Sid sleeping in the passenger side when I saw Brooklyn walking down the opposite side of the street. I hurried up an did an illegal u turn in the middle of the road and Sid smacked his head off the window of the car.

"What the hell?!?!?" He said.

"BROOKLYN!!!!!!" I screamed out the window and parked the car in a parking space and whipped the door open and ran up and gave her a huge hug. Sid came up behind me and just stared at Brooklyn. She hugged me back with tears in her eyes.

"I missed you so much" I whispered in her ear.

"I missed you too." She said with teary eyes. I pulled away and she turned to Sidney.

"Hi Dad" she said with her head down.

"Brook." He said and hugged her. They both had tears in their eyes.

"How you even get here?" I asked

"I rented a SUV" I just returned it not too long ago" she said.

"Well you stuck driving back the whole way across the freaking country" I said

"I kinda figured" she laughed.

"Where's your stuff?" Sid asked

"At my hotel room." She said and she drove the Range Rover to her hotel and she went to get her stuff and check out. A half hour later we were on the way back to Pittsburgh. My eyes started to close and then I fell into a deep sleep.

Brooklyn's POV
I looked back into the rearview mirror and saw that Dimitri was fast asleep with his mouth wide open. I managed a smile and focused back on the road.

"You really like him don't you?" My dad asked

"Yeah I really do" I smiled and glanced at my dad.

"He's a good kid. He was so worried about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah I was a mess and he was calm and collected. He told me that I need to not loose hope."

"I can see myself with him for the rest of my life dad." I said and looked him in the eyes.

"I would like that" he smiled. I was ecstatic that my dad was happy with my decision. I was crazy for Dimitri. It took my awhile to realize it but now I know that I'm madly in love with that big idiot. I smiled and looked back to see him still sleeping.