‹ Prequel: Do I?

Drink a Beer

Six

I walked over to my dad and gave him a big hug and tears started to form in both our eyes.

"You look so much like your mom but you have my god awful lips." He laughed.

"They're not that bad" I laughed.

"They look good on you but on me, well that's another story." He laughed.

"Well I'm gonna go up to my room and do some homework." I said absentmindedly leaving me phone by my dad.

Sid's POV
I noticed that Brooklyn had left her phone on the couch once I hear it vibrate. I curiously looked at the screen and saw a text from Brad Giroux and anger instantly boiled inside me.

"BROOKLYN!!!!" I yelled upstairs and she ran back downstairs.

"What's the matter?" She asked concerned

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE TEXTING YOU FOR?" I yelled

"He's my friend dad! Just accept it!"

"I think you're more than friends!"

"WE'RE NOT!!!!" She screamed

"DO YOU REALIZE THAT HE'S 18 AND YOU'RE ONLY 16????"

"I KNOW HOW TO COUNT!!!!"

"OH REALLY? I DON'T WANT YOU AROUND HIM AT ALL!"

"WHY NOT???? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM!!!!!!"

"I KNOW HOW CLAUDE IS AND HE'S JUST GOING TO BE THE SAME!!!"

"NO HE'S NOT!!!!!!! HIM AND CLAUDE ARE COMPLETE OPPOSITES!!!!!" She yelled and stomped up to her room.

I sat down on the couch with my head in my hands. This was what I wasn't good at. I hated to get in fights with Brooklyn because she was so stubborn. I guess she was right. I had never met Brad nor did I want to. But if they we just friends I guess I could be okay with that. It would take some time but if Brooklyn said was true and he was nothing like Claude I could handle him. I walked upstairs and knocked on Brooklyn's door.

"Brook?" I asked and slowly opened the door. As soon as I opened the door I didn't see her there. I started to panic and searched through her room and couldn't find her. I checked all the spare rooms and she wasn't in those either. As I was practically running past the door to my bedroom a sticky note caught me eye. It read,

"I'm sorry that I'm so stubborn. I just want you to be proud of me. I hate when we get into fights like this so I figured it would be best if we spent some time apart. Don't worry about me I'm with an adult. Don't bother trying to find me because you won't. I'm sorry I disappointed you dad by being friends with Brad. I should've known that you wouldn't of liked it. But nothing was going
On between us. I actually think I'm in love Dimitri. Maybe it's the best for everyone if I just stay out of your lives. I love you daddy and maybe we'll see each other again some day.
Love,
Brooklyn

I was in tears by the time I was finished reading the note. I couldn't loose her too. She was the only thing I had left. I sent out a text to every contact in my phone. I even texted Claude to look out for my little girl. I was desperate to find her. As soon as I sent the text Geno called.

"She's missing?!" He asked shocked.

"Yeah" I said crying

"Sid we going to find her"

"Not according to her"

"What do you mean?"

"She left a sticky note and it said that we wouldn't find her."

"Sid that doesn't mean anything. We could find her today"

"I'll be over in a minute Geno I gotta tell Dimitri something in person." I said.

"Okay Sid see you soon" Geno said and I hung up and drove over to Geno's house as fast as I could. As soon as I walked in I went straight up to Dimitri's room and knocked then went in.

"Sid what you doing here?" He asked and I sighed. This was going to be hard.

Dimitri's POV
"I need to know if you're in love with Brooklyn" he said

"Ummm"

"Tell me the truth I won't get mad I just need to know."

"Yes" I admitted

"Well she's missing now" he said and time stopped. It felt like the world had stopped.

"I need your help. You know her better than anyone else." He pleaded.

"Call Max and Christina, she might go up there. Maybe call up to Coal Harbour. Or call Brad or Claude" I sighed.

"Okay" Sid said with his head hanging low.

"Sid," I started, "I'll find her if it's the last thing I do" I said

"Thank you Dimitri" he said and gave me a hug. Sid needed someone right now. He didn't have Rachael or Brooklyn. He had an empty part in his life right now and so did I. We were both feeling the effect of Brooklyn being gone.