Status: Credit to @MITCHEAE for the idea

The Secret Crosby Kid

Thirteen

"They did?" Luke asked

"Yeah," I sighed "I might not take it"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"Because of us"

"Rachael," he started. "You gave up your job with the medical staff for me. It's time I give up something for you."

"But I'm not sure if I even want to be in the NHL now that I had the opportunity" I sighed

"Why?"

"I don't wanna be away from you " I said with a frown.

"Rachael, you're going to be doing what you dreamed of when you were a kid. I know this probably sounds cliche but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you should take it. We'll figure out a way to be together at the same time I promise" he said

"But what if we can't figure out a way to be together" I worried

"Don't worry we'll figure it out" he said and I was still unsure. I heard my phone ring and saw it said Sindney on the caller ID

"Hello?" I asked

"Rachael?" A voice that wasn't Sid's ask.

"What do you want Geno" I spat while walking into another room.

"I just need know if you still love me. Tell truth" he said

"Geno-" I started

"No you hate me don't you?"

"Geno," I started "I could never hate you"

"Are sure?" He asked in broken English.

"I'm positive. I mean yeah I was pissed off but I don't hate you"

"So you love me or no"

"Of corse I love you you goofball," I laughed. "But I'm with Luke"

"Okay" he said sadly

"Geno-"

"No it okay I understand" he said and hung up. I turned around to see Luke standing at the doorframe.

"Luke-"

"If you love him be with him" he said

"But I want to be with you"

"No you don't. You were trying to move on and I was the person who you thought would do that but I never could get you to move on"

"But I want to move on from him and that whole relationship!" I argued with tears prickling my eyes.

"Rachael, did you see the way he looked at you when he found out that we were dating? He looked like he died a little inside," he said "he really loves you Rachael, he really does."

"But I don't-"

"Yes you do." He said almost if as he read my thoughts. I looked at him with sad eyes.

"Go get him" he smiled.

"But-"

"Just go" he laughed.

"Fine" I said and ran to my room and started packing for Pittsburgh.

Geno's POV
Rachael had admitted that she was still in love with me but she was with Luke. I wish I was him right now because he was the luckiest man on earth.

"What did she say?" Sid asked

"She said she still love me but she with Luke" I sighed.

"Well at least she still loves you Geno. Rachael's really cautious about relationships and she just admitted that she still loves you. That means that she really, REALLY loves you Geno. She never admits her feelings"

"Really?"

"Yeah she always has been like that. The only person she tells her feelings to is me."

Rachael's POV
The next morning I was on the way to the airport to go back to Pittsburgh. I texted Sid early this morning and told him that I would be back in Pittsburgh and I would be attending the game later that night. They were now in the playoffs and all the guys were stressed out. I had called the Hurricanes and I had told them that I would be in Raleigh to sign my contract on Monday.

"Flight 1787 to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania now boarding." Rang through the airport.

"Bye Luke" I said and kissed his cheek. I was grateful that he understood the situation. He knew that I loved Geno and he was probably the only person who understood.
------------------------------------------
Two hours later I had arrived in Pittsburgh and Sid was there to pick me up.

"Hi Sid" I grinned when I got in his Range Rover.

"I missed you" he smiled

"I missed you too."

"So what's new?"

"Oh a lot of things" I grinned

"What kind of things?"

"Well, Luke and I decided that it was best for us to break up and I'm going to be on the Hurricanes Sidney." I finished with a huge grin.

"Wait, the Hurricanes as in NHL and Carolina?" He asked with a shocked expression.

"Yeah" I smiled

"When do you start?"

"Well I'm leaving on Monday to go sign the contract and then I'll play against the Capitals on Tuesday."

"In Washington?"

"Yeah"

"I'm definitely coming to the game." He smiled.

"I hope you do" I smiled

"You'll be on the same team as Jordan. I miss that idiot," he laughed "he reminds me of you"

"Wow, love you too little brother" I said while rolling my eyes.

"I didn't mean it like that. You both always get in trouble and goof around so shut up" he laughed and we pulled into the driveway of his house.

"Well then......" I said an got my suitcase out of the backseat. And went up to my room in Sid's house. It was left exactly the way it had been before. I grabbed m laptop out of my suitcase and started looking for apartments in Raleigh.

Three hours later I was at the Pens gave and I walked up to the box and sat beside Vero.

"Rachael!" She yelled

"Hi Vero" I laughed

"Where's Luke"

"We uh kinda broke up. He knew I was in love with Geno so he actually told me to come here."

"Wow, he really said that?" She asked.

"Yeah and I have so exciting news too."

"What is it?"

"I'm gonna be in the NHL Vero" I said with a smile.

"WHAT?!?! WHAT TEAM????" She screamed.

"Vero calm down," I laughed. "I'm playing with the Hurricanes on Tuesday against the Capitals."

"I'm so fucking proud of you!" She exclaimed

"You're really going to have to watch the language around Estelle when she gets older," I laughed "where is the little stinker?" I asked

"Catherine was taking her to change her diaper for me."
------------------------------------------
The Pens had won against the Flyers 3-1 to secure a spot in the Eastern Conference Finals. The pressure was on me now. I had to win that game against the Caps to finally get to play head to head with Sidney. The series with the Capitals were tied and I was planned to be the tie breaker. We all walked down to the locker room and Sid was talking to Geno.

"Hi Geno" I smiled.

"Rachael?" He said shocked

"Can I talk to you?"

"Yes" he replied and we started to walk away from the locker room.