Status: Credit to @MITCHEAE for the idea

The Secret Crosby Kid

Sixteen

Geno asked me something in Russian while I got on the plane with the rest of the Pens. I had asked Dan if I could get on the plane to Pittsburgh and he didn't seem to mind.

"Geno?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember I can only speak some Russian" I reminded him.

"Sorry I forgot" he apologized

"I would love to go to Russia with you." I smiled

"Okay" he grinned.

Two weeks later it was finally time for the Stanley Cup Finals and the Penguins were playing the Colorado Avalanche. 'That could've been you' I thought to myself and shook my head. The first game was in Pittsburgh so I was sitting with all the wags in a box above the ice.
"What's wrong?" Vero asked
"That could've been me Vero" I sighed "If I had only worked harder......" I trailed off
"Rachael, you brought the Hurricanes back into the playoffs. You turned their whole team around and you should be proud of that. Anyone can see that you and Sid play two different styles of hockey. He doesn't get as aggressive as you do. It seems that every damn time I try to find you, you're in the penalty box for fighting. You make big hits on guys and Sid on the other hand has only gotten into what? Give fights in his whole career so far? And you've gotten into?"
"Three" I said
"In two games" she continued "Sid is that less aggressive and calm player. You really ignited a spark in the Hurricanes and don't let anyone tell you you didn't because they're just motherfucking idiots." She finished and I started to laugh hysterically.
"Thanks Vero that really means a lot" I smiled.
"Hey, I'm just telling the truth" she said an we turned to watch the game.

The Pens had lost 3-1. Geno and Sid were going to be pissed and I almost didn't even want to go down to talk to them. I sighed and started to walk down after everyone else had.
"Rachael?" I heard a very familiar slight French Canadian accent say.
"Max?" I said in disbelief with wide eyes.
"Still as beautiful as ever Mon Cherie" he said
"What are you doing here?" I asked in confusion. Max and I had secretly dated a few years ago when he had been on the Penguins. We had a bad break up and he haven't spoken since. Well, until now.
"You didn't hear?"
"No?" I said confused
"I got traded to the Avalanche"
"Oh" I said "well I have to go see Geno" I said and started walking away.
"Rachael, wait" he said while grabbing my arm and spinning me around.
"What Max" I spat. I wanted to get rid of him.
"I want us the way we were a few years ago" he said
"It's not going to happen" I snapped
"How do you know?" he said with those pleading blue eyes. "Stranger things have happened"
"Just leave me alone" I said and Max crashed his lips against mine. I tried to get him off but I just melted into him like I had two years ago.
"Rachael?!" I heard Geno yell and I pulled away shocked at what I had just done.
"Geno I didn't kiss him he kissed-" I started
"It look like you liked it Rachael" he said with hurt in his voice and across his features.
"I didn't!" I argued and glared at Max who had a shit eating grin plastered on his face.
"I think she did like it" Max grinned.
"You know what you are Max?" I said
"What?" He asked
"A fucking asshole" I said "and Geno, how could you not trust me? I thought you of all people would be behind me but I guess I was wrong." I said coldly and walked away from the both of them with tears in my eyes. I walked straight out of Consol and got in my car and cried some more until someone knocked on my window. I looked and saw that it was Sidney. I rolled down the window and he had concern written all over his face.
"What's wrong?" He asked. He didn't know about me and Max if he did he would flip out.
"Nothing" I said as more tears rolled down me cheeks.
"Rachael-" he started
"Just leave me alone! Why can't everyone just leave me alone for once!" I yelled.
"Okay" he said sadly and walked back into Consol with his head down. What did I just do? I'd never yelled at Sid like that before. Ever. I put my head on the steering wheel and just stayed like that for five minutes thinking about what had just happened in that short amount of time. I screwed everything up, I made Sid sad, Geno's angry with me, and Max kissed me. I hated it but at the same time I liked. I sighed, I guess I should go back to Raleigh since I screwed everything up in Pittsburgh. I removed my head from the steering wheel and put my car in gear. Goodbye Pittsburgh.

Geno's POV
"Tell me truth Max" I spat
"I kissed her and she kissed me back" he said shrugging his shoulders.
"You know she my girlfriend!" I yelled
"She was my girlfriend once too Geno so don't act like she's only yours!" He argued back.
"What?" I said shocked
"Two or three years ago when I was on the team we secretly dated. I visited her while she was in college." He said and I was shocked. Maybe she didn't love me after all.