Status: Credit to @MITCHEAE for the idea

The Secret Crosby Kid

Seventeen

Rachael's POV
I was driving to Pittsburgh International airport and I was thinking about Geno. The picture of his sad eyes were implanted in my head permanently. And then there was Sid. I shouldn't have snapped at him like I did. And then there was Max. Why did I kiss him back? What the hell was wrong with me? I couldn't go back to Raleigh until I got this while mess straightened out. I made an illegal u-turn and raced off to Geno's house as fast as I could. I drove up his drive way while it started to rain cats and dogs. I ran out of my car (not caring if I got soaked) and up to his front door where I began to ring the doorbell a million times. The door opened and I saw a tired and miserable looking Geno.
"What you doing here? Should be with Max?" He asked sadly.
"Geno, just let me explain." I said getting soaked more and more by the minute.
"Okay" he said
"I don't know what got into me Geno, I don't know why I kissed Max. But I don't love him, I love you Geno and I want you to know that. If you don't want to see me ever again I understand. I really fucked up. You're sad and angry with me and I yelled at Sidney and.." I paused with tears in my eyes "he probably hates me and doesn't want to see me. Maybe if I just disappear everyone's lives would be a lot simpler." I said with tears now streaming down my face.
"Maybe we should take break" Geno said and I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.
"Okay." I sniffled and started to walk back to my car with my head down. This is the biggest mistake I've ever made. I never realized that I had it so good until I went and screwed it up. I climbed into my car shivering an soaking wet. I drove to Sid's house to go apologize to him. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. He came to the door in his pajamas.
"Rachael, what happened?" He said noticing I was soaking wet an he pulled me inside.
"Geno hates me" I whispered
"Why?" He asked and I sighed. I didn't want to tell his this now but I had to. I needed to talk to someone.
"Well, Max and I kinda dated when he was on the team......" I trailed off and Sidney just stared at me. "And he kissed me and I kissed him back and I don't know why I did it Sidney" I said with tears streaming down my face. "And then Geno saw us and he looked like a puppy that was kicked and then I debated about going back to Raleigh but I couldn't. I couldn't leave without at least trying to fix things with you and Geno. I went over to Geno's house first and then he said that we should take a break and here I am" I said
"Rachael," Sidney sighed. "What you did was wrong and I don't blame Geno for telling you that you two need a break. But just know this. He's crazy for you Rach. He always gushed about you to all of us and we were ready to duct tape his mouth shut. You need to figure this out with him. Maybe wait until after the finals and then figure it out." He said with sympathetic eyes.
"So are we good?" I asked him.
"Yeah" he smiled and gave me a hug. I sighed and walked upstairs and flopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I got my phone out of my pocket and pressed the button on the top right side and saw a picture of Geno and I with goofy faces on the lock screen. I sighed and decided the call Jordan. Maybe he could cheer me up with one of his stories.

Geno's POV
Why did I tell her we need a break? I needed her. I ran upstairs and grabbed my phone out of my room and called Sid.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Sid! Is Rachael at house?" I asked
"Uh......"
"Sid, yes or no."
"Yeah." He sighed
"I be over in five." I said and grabbed my keys and raced out to my Porsche.

Rachael's POV
I was talking to Jordan when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.
"I'll call you back Jordan." I said and hung up. "What do you want Sid?" I asked while the door was still shut. The door slowly opened and I saw Geno standing there.
"Can we talk?" He asked with da eyes.
"Yeah." I said quietly with sitting up on the bed with my legs crossed.
"I still love you but I need to know if still love Max." He said
"Geno," I sighed "I don't love him anymore. I don't know why I kissed him. Maybe it was because I was frustrated about the loss because I wanted that to be me on the ice. But please Geno, understand that you're the only one I really love. I see us spending the rest of our lives together. I see us in a house with a hockey team of kids if that's what you want. I don't care Geno, all I want is to be with you." I said with tears streaming down my face. "I want to meet your parents, I want you to teach me Russian, I want you to show me Russia and where you grew up. I want all of that, with you and only you." I said while crying my eyes out and shaking.
"I love you no matter what." He said and wrapped his arms around my trembling body. "Shhhhhh." He whispered and rubbed soothing circles on my back.
"I'm so sorry Geno." I sniffled.
"We get through this I promise." He said and buried his face in my neck.