Status: Credit to @MITCHEAE for the idea

The Secret Crosby Kid

Eight

Rachael's POV
"Sid I need you to take me to the airport" I said when I walked through the door.

"What? Why?"

"Just don't ask" I said and ran upstairs to pack my suitcase. Ten minutes later I had my suitcase packed and ready. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand beside the bed and called the Carolina Panthers.

"Yes Rachael?" the head doctor Jack on the other end of the phone asked.

"I'll take the job. I'll be down later today"

"Very good I'll see you when you get here." He said and hung up. I walked downstairs to see Sid standing at the island in the kitchen.

"Where are you going?"

"North Carolina"

"Why?"

"To get a job" I said and we headed to the Range Rover. Ten minutes later we were at the airport.

"Bye Sid" I said and gave him a hug.

"Bye Rach" he said with a sad smile.

I walked through the gate and got into my seat in first class. I sighed and looked out the window. Did Geno really think that I would get a job out of Pittsburgh? I would've stayed if he didn't break up with me. I remembered that I had the necklace he had gotten me was still around my neck. I sighed and unhooked it and shoved it in my pocket.

Two hours later I had landed in Charlotte and I saw Jack holding a sign with Rachael written on it. I walked over to him with my luggage and he smiled.

"Hello Rachael" he smiled and gave me a hug.

"Hi Jack" I said and hugged him back. He was a few years older than me I think he said he was thirty-two.

"I want to introduce you to the team after they're done watching film if that's okay with you" he said

"Absolutely" I said and we walked to his car.

"You know the rules about not dating players right?"

"Yes"

"Okay I just wanted to make sure." We arrived at their training center and he led me to the film room and he knocked on the door and opened it. The whole team turned around and looked at us and I felt my face get hot. I followed Jack to the front of the room.

"Okay guys this is Rachael Crosby, she's a new team doctor. She's a recent graduate of Boston College and she used to play hockey for them. You all know the rules about dating staff so I expect that you follow them. You should treat her with the up most respect." He finished an the guys nodded their heads. Cam Newton walked up to me.

"I'm Cam nice to meet you" he smiled.

"Nice to meet you too" I smiled back.

"Luke! Get over here!" Cam yelled and I laughed.

"What do you want pain in the ass?" He laughed.

"I want you to meet Rachael she seems awesome" Cam said and smiled at me.

"I'm Luke" he smiled.

"Hi" I said shyly.

"So you went to Boston College" he grinned

"Yeah. Went for sports medicine and here I am" I laughed.

Luke's POV
Rachael was gorgeous. She wasn't like any girl I'd ever met and she seemed like she liked to hang around guys better. Her laugh was perfect and I knew that half the guys in the locker room were thinking the same thing that I was.

"Where are you staying?" I asked her with curiosity.

"Probably in a hotel until I get my own place" she sighed.

"You can stay with me until you find a place. I mean if that's want you want"

"Really?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah" I smiled back.

"Thank you so much" she said and gave me a hug. I could get used to this.

Rachael's POV
I gave Luke a hug and I felt safe and protected. It made my forget about Geno and sighed, Geno. I wonder what he's doing?

Sid's POV
I wondered what was going on with Rachael and Geno. There was something that I was missing. I thought about it for awhile. We were busy with the playoffs a few weeks ago and Geno and I hadn't seen Rachael in that span of time. She couldn't be in Pittsburgh and we couldn't be in Boston. The more I thought about it the more it made sense. He broke up with her and she went to North Carolina to get away from him. But what city in North Carolina would she go to? Maybe she went to get a job with the Hurricanes. I decided to call Jordan and ask him.

"Hello?" He said

"Hey Jordan"

"Hey Sid what's up?" He asked.

"I was wondering if my sister Rachael got hired on the Canes medical team"

"No. Why is she even down in North Carolina?"

"Well her and Geno were dating and I think that he broke up with her so she went down to get a job with you guys but I guess not."

"She could be working on the Panthers medical staff"

"I don't think she would work with a football team."

"Maybe that's what she wants you to think. I can check it out for you if you want me to."

"Yeah, thanks Jordan"

"No problem"

"Talk to you later"

"Bye" he said and hung up. Looks like I was going to take a trip to Charlotte.

Geno's POV
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and it was a text from Sid.

'What happened between you and Rachael?'

'None of business'

'Yes it is she's my sister so tell me'

'I not like her anymore'

'Geno I know you still do'

'No' I texted back and that was the end of the conversation.

I sighed and got in my car and drove to my new girlfriends house. Yes I had a new girlfriend. I knew she would go anywhere I went unlike Rachael. Natalia loves me more than Rachael ever did.