Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 35

"You're a real jerk you know that?" Noelle asked from her seat between his legs.

Brian chuckled and blew a puff of smoke. "I hear that from everyone you are no exception."

Noelle shook her head with a smile as she pressed the ice bag on her knuckles. After their little training session her and Brian got dressed and were currently on the hill that he had brought her too the night she snuck out.

Noelle thought about how she had kicked the punching bag and what made her to it. Besides Brian's coaxing her parents constant demands of her had started to seep into her thoughts.

It scared her a little that she had gotten that angry because of her parents.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Brian asked.

"How you know I'm thinking about anything?" Noelle asked.

"Sweet cheeks your face is like an open book everything you feel or thinking is always on display." He said. "What's bothering you?"

"I was thinking about my parents and the training." She said.

"What about it?" Brian asked.

"I'm just surprised I got so mad that I let it out like that even if it was on a punching bag." Noelle said. "It scares me that I might get so mad at them I'll take it out on them."

"No worries you won't cause you're not like that." Brian said. "You wouldn't even if you wanted too cause you'll probably just hold it in and not sat anything."

Noelle faced him. "Why you say that?"

"It's obvious that's what you've been doing Noelle which is why you kicked the punching bag so hard." Brian said. "When you're parents tell you want to do or what you're going to do, do you ever try to put your two cents in it?" "Do you ever tell them what you want?"

"No cause they just cut me off like I'm some little kid with nothing but nonsense to say." Noelle said.

"Which explains it." Brian said. "Noelle you have so much pent up anger towards your parents due to them no listening to you." "When you have situations or things in life that bother you and you don't talk about them all that frustration and anger keeps building up and is just waiting to be released."

"Should I be afraid of myself then?" Noelle asked. "Will I lash out and become violent towards others?"

"Not likely the fact you kept it bottled up for this long shows you have a huge level of self control." Brian said. "You have greater control over yourself then I do."

"Brian have you ever lost your self control?" Noelle asked.

"Course I have everyone does at some point." He said. "I'm a bit of a hothead get that from my father."

"Was your relationship with your dad always like this?" She asked.

"No it wasn't." Brian said then smirked. "I suppose you want to hear about it."

"Of course." Noelle said.

"Alright then." He said sitting up. "Me and my dad had a good relationship up till my preteen years."

"What made it change?" Noelle asked.

"My mom died after a long battle with heart disease." Brian said.

"Brian I'm sorry." Noelle said hugging him.

He chuckled. "No use getting upset over it getting emotional ain't gonna bring her back."

"Don't you miss her though?" She asked.

"Yeah but I stopped a long time ago when I came to terms with her being dead." Brian said. "Can't miss someone and they're not coming back."

Noelle frowned at this but didn't say anything about it. "What happened next?"

"Dad remarried to this major bitch named Suzy who had a little brat daughter named McKenna." Brian said.

"They were that bad?" She asked.

Brian snorted. "Calling them bad is an understatement after they married they moved into our house." "When her and my dad got married he changed into a different person."

"All of a sudden he's doing shit like crack bitch was a damn junkie and introduced him to drugs to ease the pain of losing mom she said." Brian said. "More like gave it to him cause she didn't want to comfort him."

"Dad become a bum didn't care about anything but that bitch everytime I did something he would be on my ass in a flash." He said. "Saying why I couldn't be like McKenna."

"What was she like?" Noelle asked.

"On her way to major sluthood." Brian said. "She may have been a few years younger then me but she dressed like a strung out hooker."

"Anyway the bad relationship with my dad came to a head when me and him got into a big arguement and he punched me." Brian said.

"He hit you?" She whispered.

"Yep enough it threw blood and made me fall." Brian said. "That night packed up the little shit I had and left not looking back."

"Do you ever think about going back and making amends with your dad?" She asked.

"For what Noelle?" Brian said. "That man made up his mind choosing the drugs and that junkie over his own son I never want to see him again."

"And you've been on your own ever since?" She asked.

"Yep it's not so bad other then the sex trade thing I told you about." Brian said. "Plus I'm always traveling seeing new cities and different places."

"Do you ever stay anywhere long?" Noelle asked.

"No I've never found anything in a place to make me wanna stay." He said.

"If you did find something would you stay?" Noelle asked.

Before he could answer Noelle's watch went off. "I need to get back home." She said jumping up.

Brian got up grabbing her hand and leading her to his bike. They got on and he started it driving to her home.

"You think Cynthia will have a heart attack seeing my hand?" Noelle asked as they walked up to her house.

"Not if you tell her some asshole provoked you to get physical by making fun of your gender." He said.

"Yeah I'll tell her a sexist pig made me do it." Noelle said.

Brian chuckled. "See you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah tomorrow." She said and closed her eyes as he kissed her.

"Goodnight." He said and started to walk away.

"Brian." She said.

He stopped and turned around. "Yeah?"

"Cynthia wanted me to ask you if you'd have dinner with us sometime." Noelle said. "She wants to get to know you better."

Brian thought about it. "I'll think about it." He said with a smile.

"Okay goodnight." Noelle said.

"Night." He said walking to his bike.

Noelle watched him get on and sped away waving at her. She waved back then glanced at her slightly swollen hand.

"I'm gonna have fun explaining this." She said with a laugh as she entered the house.