Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

What are we doing?

Oli’s P.O.V

“Great job everyone, we had a great turn out!” the owner of the venue was in the back with us; apparently a large crowd was still outside, as if waiting for us to make an appearance. Josh was holding my hand proudly, as the rest of the guys huddled in to hear what the outcome of tonight had been.

“1,237 people tonight! That’s about 6,170 quid lads! With a 50/50 split, you get 3085 pounds! Split it amongst yourselves, and please come back again soon!” The venue owner handed me a huge wad of cash before clapping us on the back and walking off. My jaw was slack, 3085 quid…1237 people, holy-

“Holy shit!” Matt cried out, clapping his hands together and smiling like a goof ball.

“This is mental.” Lee chimed with a huge grin on his face.

“Wow…” was all that I could get out, I was shocked to say the least.

“Oli…” Kean began, looking between Max, Matt and Lee who all nodded their heads.

“Keep the cash, you need it more than we do since we all have other jobs; and if this is an every week thing then we will all be set.” Vegan finished, giving me his best smile. I shook my head,

“No, no way I could to that.” I whined, but they all gave me a firm look; and I knew them well enough to know that they wouldn’t budge on this. I felt tears prick my eyes as Josh released my hand and I stepped forward to give my band mates and Max a bone crushing group hug.

“Thank you…I love you guys.” I choked out, a small sob overtook me. This was a lot of money; this was something I could actually live on. I could get an apartment, get food, have a place to sleep…and if we did this every week…I would never have to worry about being broke again. No one will ever understand what It's like, to be at rock bottom for so long and to have something so…amazing happen, something that completely changes your life…and it was all thanks to…

“Josh…” I muttered, slowly letting my band mates go and turning to face him. The dull glow of the lights illuminated his face in the most beautiful of ways; his eyes were pure crystal blue orbs, something I could easily lose myself in. His hair was a mess, but in the way that told me had taken a long time attempting to tame his wild long locks, I took in his clothes. His red and black plaid cut off shirt, the leather jacket that he held under his arm, his black skinny jeans and red vans…he was just…so Josh. I had never really taken my time to appreciate his beauty, other than the night at the park, but I was too mad then; too mad to see how gorgeous and special he really was. It was like I had new eyes, a new outlook on life, and it was like I was seeing him for the first time, save for the fact I hated him then.

“I…thank you.” I said quietly as I stepped forward enough so I could snake my arms around his neck. He gripped onto me tightly, and I couldn’t help but cry just that much harder. It had been so long since I had felt any sort of feelings for anyone, aside from friends; it was so nice to have someone who could bring a smile to my face. I felt one of his hands snake its way up to my head, holding my face firm in the crook of his neck. His other hand rubbed up and down my back, which I knew was drenched in sweat but he didn’t seem to mind.

“Well…I guess we can get a place…if you’d like…” I whispered, finally pulling myself together.

“I’d love that.” He said quietly, I sighed contently as I slipped out of his arms.

“To greet the people?” I asked with a truly happy smirk on my face as I grabbed my coat and slipped the money in It's hidden pocket.

“Off we go!” Max exclaimed, tossing everyone their coats and leading us around the back to the double doors. Life was finally looking up.

-*-

“Wow.” I muttered as the front of the building came into view. It was madness, hundreds of kids were still lined up outside of the venue, thanks to Josh I'm sure…but publicity is publicity.

“Excuse me!” a shrill woman’s voice cut through the already loud air, a young looking woman was jogging up to us, a camera crew in tow.

“Mr. Franceschi, My name Is Abigail and I'm a news reporter with the 6th Street News station, I was wondering if we could have a word with you?” the brown haired woman halted to catch her breath, the camera men shooting her dirty looks; surely for making them run with their equipment. Josh came up beside me, I watched him as his lips pursed,

“Just me…?” he questioned, she nodded her head. Josh sighed, looking to me,

“It is good Publicity, and obviously I will mention your band.” He whispered, and I nodded quietly. He shot him that brilliant smile and eagerly nodded his head; the rest of us drifted off to the side as the kids from outside began to flock in a circle around the TV crew and Josh.

“Excuse me…can we get a picture with you guys?” I looked over my shoulder to see a group of 4 young looking lads, they all had nervous smiles on their faces.

“Uh sure.” I muttered as I grabbed everyone together and the boys lined up beside us; some girl snapped our picture. They thanked us before returning their attention back to Josh, as did I.

“That’s such a weird feeling.” Matty muttered, taking off his beanie and running his hand through his hair, his nervous habit.

“I’ll say.” Matt Barnes replied with a chuckle.

“Tonight a record braking show for two unsigned bands shook the streets of Sheffield, over a thousand people gathered within the small venue, some coming several hours early. We are standing here with Josh Franceschi, the former Weybridge Pop artist, who seems to have taken a bit of an edgier turn. Josh, can you tell us a bit about what happened tonight?” Abigail held the microphone out to him, which he leaned into, a playful grin on his face.

“Absolutely, it was a honor to play aside the likes of Bring Me the Horizon; they are such a top notch band. It was completely mental tonight, and it was refreshing to see so many kids come out and have a good time; that’s what’s important to us all at the end of the day.” Couldn’t have said it any better myself, Josh always had a way with words, If he had taken a job as a car salesmen he would be the cause of everyone being broke. He could probably even convince the likes of Donald Trump to invest in tap water...well maybe. Even though he was very convincing and careful with the words he spoke, he spoke the truth; which was something admirable.

“They put on a great show indeed! You’re a front man of a new band as well, correct?” she held the microphone back out to him, he nodded his head.

“Yes ma’am, I'm happy to announce I've joined forces with a few good mates of mine.” He clasped his hands together and bit his lip, the reporter blushed. For some reason that kind of set me off, I crossed my arms and sent her a glare from hell. I guess you could say I was starting to get…jealous. Yes, I admit it, I liked Josh, and I was pretty damn sure Josh liked me for some reason; but it wasn’t like we were together yet. I had to wait till the perfect time to ask him out...

“Oli you have steam coming out of ears! Put the fangs back!” Kean poked me in the side while I rolled my eyes.

“And what is your band called?” she inquired,

“You Me at Six.” He stated coolly, smiling at the brunette, whose face was only getting redder by the moment.

“You heard it here first folks, you can check out Bring Me the Horizon and You Me at six on Twitter, their handles will be posted below and on our website. Josh, it was pleasure to meet you.” She stuck her hand out nervously, he shook it in turn.

“Thank you!” he chimed while he strode away from her as she wrapped up her report. I could hear the crowd around us get a bit riled up as he approached, I sighed in agitation. Why was I so angry to begin with? Surely it wasn’t because of all these women fawning over him? He likes men for crying out loud! Not like they knew that though…

“Olibear!” he cooed, pulling me into his arms and spinning me around, I laughed.

“Put me down!” I cried out, hitting him lightly on the back.

“Nah I don’t wanna!” he replied, though he soon stopped spinning, he kept a vice grip on me.

“Shall we sign some stuff and take pictures?” he asked with a smile, I returned it.

“Sounds lovely.” I whispered. He lowered me to the ground before turning his attention to the guys.

“Well come here!” he called, waving them over, they complied eagerly.

“Alright, let’s do this!”

-*-

“I'm exhausted…” I whined as I entered the spare bedroom Max had put us up in. Josh was stretched out on the bed, sporting a pair of black sweats and a red tank, he motioned me over. I smiled, trotting over to the bed playfully before collapsing into his arms. He pulled me flush to his chest, snuggling his head in my hair.

“I'm so proud of you though.” Josh admitted, running a hand up and down my bare back, I shuttered.

“Cold?” he asked nonchalantly, I nodded. I wasn’t necessarily cold, but it wasn’t like I was going to tell him I was shivering because he touched me. He grabbed one end of the cover, tossing it over us.

“Josh, do you want to look at apartments tomorrow morning? If you still want to live with me that is…” I whispered as I traced patterns into his chest.

“If you’ll have me, I’d love too. I will try to get my own place soon, I don’t want to impend on you…” he uttered, sighing slightly.

“No you don’t bother me at all…really.” I said as I turned my head up to look at him, he smiled down at me.

“You’re getting stubble.” I chuckled, running my hand across his cheek; he shrugged.

“I know, I’ll shave soon; I need to trim my hair a bit, It's so long!” he pouted, but I shook my head.

“Nah, I like it, you look good this way.” I replied as he giggled.

“You think?” he asked, I nodded my head which earned a bright smile from him.

“Josh?”

“Yes, Oli?” he answered, he really looked exhausted. After the show we had stayed another 3 hours, signing things, taking photos, etc. it was a good time, but it really wore all of us down. Yet, he still looked like an angel, despite what I had told myself, I couldn’t wait any longer. Now was the time to get this off my chest,

“Well Josh, It's obvious I like you…and I know we said we would be smart and move slow, but I don’t really think I can keep this up. It's too slow, and frankly Josh, I can't wait any longer to ask you this…so,” I slipped out of his arms and sat up. He was staring up at me with what looked to be a hopeful grin, I smiled.

“Would you…uh…” Shit, suddenly getting out those few words seemed like a much bigger challenge, he nodded for me to go on as he let out a small giggle.

“Go…steady with me?” I mentally slapped myself in the face, really Oli? That’s the best I could come up with? Josh looked a bit taken a back, but I could see that goofy smile that I was coming to love turn up on his lips. He propped himself up, grabbing me by my neck and placing his forehead on mine, the heat to my cheeks was unreal.

“I’d be an idiot if I said no.” he retorted, before pressing his lips against mine. I immediately kissed back, my body leaning into his and my arms circling his waist. He raised his other arm so they both lay on my neck, my lips fumbled with his before I took his bottom one in between my teeth and pulled slightly. He grunted, but nonetheless opened his mouth; I delicately slid my tongue against his. He whined in protest as I grinned into the kiss, gently pushing him backwards and laying on top of him. My hand tangled in the hem of his shirt as I maintained our contact, I slowly lifted the hem of his shirt, flickering my eyes open to see his were open unbelievably wide. I pulled back, staring at him cautiously, I hadn’t even realized it but he was shaking.

“Josh…I'm sorry…I didn’t…” Know what to say, why did he look so terrified? Granted, I had let my urges get the better of me, but was that such a scary thing for him?

“No…its fine…I just…” Josh shook his head, exhaling loudly; I slipped off of him so I could curl into his side.

“Babe…what’s wrong?” I pestered,

“Nothing Oli, well nothing I want to talk about right now anyways… and I'm not ready. I hope you’re not mad though,” he bit his lip, giving me his best puppy dog eyes, I shook my head.

“Josh Franceschi, I am not mad at you. I'm not even ready for that honestly…I want that to be saved for a time when were both in a better situation. Not to mention, Max would kill us.” Now that got a laugh out of him,

“He would be so pissed.” He agreed.

“Well let’s go to bed? We should probably get up early.” I stated quietly as we both yawned.

“Definitely. Goodnight Ols…thanks for making this the best day of my life.” He leaned down and pecked me on the forehead, my skin heated under his touch.

“No…thank you for making it mine. Goodnight babe.” I muttered, reaching over and turning the lamp off before snuggling back into his chest. Josh was already asleep before I could say anything else. Something he had just said…had done…had bothered me a lot. Had something happened to Josh? Surely no one would…but that’s when the hints he had given me came flooding back. The night at the cliff, when he was frantic when I touched his hips, the way he looked horrified whenever he saw HIM at the coffee shop. The disgrace in his voice whenever Josh had told me the things HE had said, the reason why he left HIS house…it all made sense to me now.

I was completely sure of two things before I went to sleep; Josh had been badly hurt, and his dad was as good as dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shit! so much in one chapter, what do you think of Oli's revelations and their new relationship title?

please leave some feedback <3

Xoxo
Siren