Status: New Story! Updating Regularly

Minnesota Girl

Thunderstorms and Mary Jane

“Why do I even bother coming to parties with you?” I mumbled to my roommate while trying to get the fresh beer stain out of my shirt. She had talked me into coming to this house party and in just the short ten minutes of being here, Sheena had managed to ruin my shirt while opening a can of beer.

“How was I suppose to know it would explode?” She argued. I rolled my eyes.

“Dropping it was a good indication.” I sneered while looking at my shirt in the mirror. The what use to be a white t-shirt now had a large brown stain down the front. Perfect. “Yeah, this isn't going to come out.” I said while pathetically wiping it with a wet paper towel again. Sheena sighed and sat down on the bathroom counter.

“Sadie, please don't make me leave early because of this. We haven't even heard the band yet!” She complained. I snorted.

“Oh, because the last band we saw was just so great. I said sarcastically. She shook her head.

“No, really. Tim said these guys are really good.” I rolled my eyes.

“He said that the last time, Sheena. The band fucking sucked.” I retorted while throwing the paper towel in the trash can. “Besides, I am not walking around this shit hole with a huge ass beer stain on my shirt.” I added. Sheena rolled her eyes and swung her feet back and forth.

“Wait a second, I think I have another shirt with me!” She exclaimed while jumping off the counter and reaching for her bag. I furrowed my eyebrows. Sheena always carried this huge bag around with random shit in it. She was basically Allison from The Breakfast Club without the basket case tendencies. I watched as she dug through it and wondered if she ever cleaned it out. “Ah ha!” She exclaimed while pulling out a purple t-shirt. She turned it around and on the front in yellow letters read, “Minnesota Vikings.” I frowned.

“Sheena, what are you doing with a Minnesota Vikings t-shirt? You've never even been to Minnesota.” I pointed out.She rolled her eyes.

“Tim gave it to me, said it was good luck or something.” I snorted.

“It's hideous.” I commented. Sheena rolled her eyes.

“Just put it on. I'm your ride home and I'm not leaving until I see this band.” She asserted. I sighed in defeat and removed my soiled top.

“You owe me for this.” I said while pulling the shirt over my head and throwing the other one in her direction. “I hope I see that shirt again.” I mumbled as she stuffed it into her bag.

“Oh, fuck you.” She said while standing up. “It really doesn't look that bad, Sadie.” She stated. I scoffed.

“You're just saying that so I'll stay.” I assurted. Sheena shook her head.

“No, really it looks fine. Look, if the band totally sucks, we'll leave after the first song.” She vowed. I let out a deep sigh.

“Fine, but this band better be fucking good.” I said while opening the bathroom door and exiting.

The party was very much still alive and getting pretty rowdy. Some couples were making out on the various pieces of furniture while others were grinding against each other to the beat of the music blaring through the speakers. I noticed a lot of people making their way towards the basement and assumed that's where the band was. Sheena grabbed my hand and lead the way down the basement stairs.

“Holy shit, this place is huge!” Sheena exclaimed.

She was right. The last few parties we had been to the space had been pretty cramped and this basement actually had a lot of room even with the growing crowd and band's set up. There was a bunch of beer in coolers and a few bottles Olde English. Sheena started walking towards the crowd and I followed suit. Somehow she managed to get us right in the middle facing the makeshift stage. Sheena passed a beer bottle in my direction and motioned for me to drink.

“C'mon Sadie, this is a party! Loosen up!” She encouraged. I rolled my eyes and took a small sip. Drinking wasn't really my thing and I hated the taste.

“I promise you won't regret this.” Sheena said as three guys walked up on the stage. The first one I noticed had blond hair that I could tell had been dyed, and a blue guitar hanging at his side. I watched as he walked towards the microphone and sneered at the audience. He strummed his guitar a few times and looked towards the growing crowd.

“Alright! Let's get this fucking thing started, we're Green Day and this one's called “Welcome to Paradise.” The crowd went wild and instantly started jumping around and moshing. I had been in plenty of mosh pits, but none like this, this one was insane. I had to admit they were good. Great even, and if you twisted my arm I'd say the lead singer was kinda cute. He seemed pretty arrogant though, maybe confident is a better word. I was actually starting to enjoy myself around the third or fourth song and Sheena was busy making some new 'friends' with the group of guys around us. I still had the full bottle of beer in my hand when the song finished and just as I was about to set the bottle down, the singer called out into the crowd.

“Hey, you! Minnesota Girl , bring me that!” He demanded while pointing at the bottle in my hand. My eyes widened as I realized he was talking to me. Demanding me. I looked at Sheena who was motioning for me to take him my beer. “C'mon, I don't have all night.” He sneered.I growled and made my way to the front of the stage cursing the bastard the whole way there. He had a smirk on his face that I would have loved to smack off.

“Here, you prick.” I snapped while shoving the bottle in his hand and turning to walk away.

“Everybody, give it up for Minnesota Girl for making her treacherous journey all the way from the middle of the room!” He said sarcastically while taking a sip. The crowd laughed and I turned around and held up my middle finger as my way of saying 'fuck you.' He smirked.

“Looks like someone has a severe case of PMS.” He laughed into the microphone. I froze and looked in Sheena's direction who had her hand over her mouth in shock. I glared at him. “Go fuck yourself!” I yelled while walking up the basement stairs.

“Oh, hey c'mone. Minnesota Girl don't leave!” He called out while laughing. I flipped him off again before slamming the door behind me. Most of the party had been moved to the basement so I actually had a seat on the couch. I had never been so humiliated in my life. Who does that prick think he is? Calling me out like he owned me. I looked down at the purple shirt that clung to my sweaty body and rolled my eyes.

“Good luck my ass.” I mumbled.

Not long after I made my 'big' exit people started barreling out of the basement. Some snickered as they passed me and I couldn't help but turn a little red. I had never been so glad to see Sheena in my life. She rushed towards the couch with Tim, her big brother behind her.

“Sadie! Oh my God I can't believe that happened!” She exclaimed. I scoffed.

“Yeah, you and me both.” I muttered. She sighed and bit her lip, like she had something to ask me.

“What?” I questioned. She looked down at her boots.

“I started talking to that cute bass player from Green Day and I wanted to know of we could stay just a little bit longer.” She pleaded. My eyes widened.

“Are you fucking serious? You want to risk me running into that asshole!?” I whispered harshly. Sheena nodded.

“Sadie, just for a few more minutes so I can get his number please. I promise we'll leave after that.” She vowed. I sighed.

“Fine, but you better end up marrying this guy.” I mumbled. Sheena squealed and hugged me.

“Thank you, Sadie!” She said before scurrying off. Tim was drunk off his ass and just passed out at my feet next to a girl with a shaved head. I remained seated as people started leaving. As the house soon became empty with just a few rejects passed out here and there I began to wonder where Sheena had gone. I sat there awkwardly and laid my head back against the couch and closed my eyes. It had just started raining outside and the peaceful sound lulled me to sleep.

~***~

I don't know how long I had dozed off, but when I woke up, the room was pitch black and empty. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and very slowly stood up to try and find the light switch. I quickly realized the power was out when I flipped it on and off. I heard somebody walking around the room and froze. Like something out of a horror movie, I wake up, can't see my hand in front of my face, and to top it off there's footsteps. Great. I quickly fished around in my pocket to find my lighter. I heard the footsteps coming closer to me and just as I flicked the lighter a familiar smirk lit up.

“Ahh! Shit!” I exclaimed while dropping the lighter and backing into the wall. No, please tell me I'm not alone with that jackass. No, just no. I heard him chuckling.

“Afraid of the dark are we, Minnesota Girl?” He said while holding up a dimly lit lantern. Damn it, and there he was, blonde hair and all.

“Where's Sheena?” I growled, not wanting to stand here any longer. He remained silent as he put a cigarette to his lips and picked up the lighter off the floor.

“She's with Mike.” He said while lighting it and inhaling. I scoffed and tried to feel my way back over to the couch.

“Who's Mike?” I asked while plopping back down, wanting to be as far away from him as possible. He of course followed me and sat down next to me, sitting the lantern at his feet.

“He's my bass player, you would know that if you had stayed in the basement.” He said while handing me my lighter. I cut my eyes at him.

“Sorry, I was too busy having a severe case of PMS.” I snarled. He laughed.

“Sorry about that, I get a little carried away sometimes.” He confessed. I rolled my eyes and jumped a little at the sound of rolling thunder. “I'm Billie Joe.” He said while offering me his hand. I stared at it for a moment, wondering whether or not to take it.

“C'mon, Minnesota Girl. I'm trying to be nice here.” He sighed.I begrudgingly shook his hand.

“My name isn't Minnesota Girl.” I hissed. He raised his eyebrows.

“Well, are you going to tell me or do I have to guess?” I rolled my eyes.

“It's Sadie.” I mumbled. He nodded.

“Sadie? Has a nice ring to it.” He said while scratching his head.

“Thanks.” I muttered while looking around the room. The rain was pounding down on the roof, making the silence seem eerie.

“So, are you always this bitchy or is it just around me?” He asked, breaking the silence.

“Why the hell should I be nice to you?” I scoffed while scooting further away.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that damn smirk on his face.

“Well, I could be a real jerk and leave you sitting alone in the dark, so I'd be nice to me if I were you.” He pointed out. Damn him.

“I'll just go find Sheena.” I said while grabbing the lantern and standing up. Billie Joe grabbed my hand.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you.” He sang.I rolled my eyes and pulled away from him.

“And why the hell not?” I questioned. He grinned.

“Well, you see they hit it off pretty good and are in that back bedroom fucking.” He informed me. My eyes widened.

“In the middle of a storm?” I exclaimed. Billie chuckled.

“Are you kidding? That's the best time to fuck.” He said while setting the lantern back at his feet. I crossed my arms over my chest.

“I'm sure you're the authority on the subject.” I mumbled. Billie chuckled and leaned back with his hand behind his head.

“If you weren't such a bitch, maybe you'd find out.” He said suggestively. I glared at him.

“If you weren't such an asshole, maybe I'd consider it.” I retorted. He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Well, I guess I better be nice to you then.” He teased. I rolled my eyes.

“Don't flatter yourself.” I scoffed. He chuckled again and motioned towards the couch.

“You can sit down, ya know.” I looked at him hesitant and he rolled his eyes.

“C'mon, I'm not going to rape you or anything, jeez.” He said smoothly. I couldn't explain it, but I actually believed him and found myself seated next to him. The storm grew louder as the rain pounded against the roof and lightning began to strike. I hate storms. Hate them. If it weren't for Billie Joe sitting right next to me, I'd probably be in the fetal position behind this couch. I'll be damned to let him know that.

“So, are you from Minnesota or something?” He asked me while flicking the lighter repeatedly. I took it from his hand.

“No, I've never even left this state.” I answered. He quirked and eyebrow at my shirt.

“Sheena spilled beer on me and this hideous shirt was my only option.” I mumbled while looking down at it. Billie laughed and put another cigarette to his lips.

“Doesn't look too bad.” He mumbled while taking the lighter out of my hand and lighting another cigarette. I snorted in response and watched as he lazily blew the smoke out and looked over at me.

“Do you ever lighten up?” He questioned. I rolled my eyes.

“Do you ever fuck off?” I mocked. He raised his eyebrows.

“See, that right there is why I'm about this close to leaving your sorry ass alone in the dark.” He snarled. “And trust me, you don't want to be alone in this house.” He declared. I rolled my eyes again.

“And why is that?” I asked.

“Didn't anybody tell you what happened in this house?” He teased. I shook my head. He smirked and scooted a little closer to me. “Well, back in like the 1800's, this woman lived in this house and she was married to some town doctor.” He told me. I snorted.

“Does this story get any better?” He put his finger to his lips.

“One night, her husband didn't come home like usual, so she waited and waited for him until finally, she went into town to find him. When she got there, she found out that a lynch mob had hanged her husband for raping a sixteen year old girl. She was so heartbroken that she ran all the way home to hang herself in this very room. They say that you can still hear her cries on nights like tonight.” He said while leaning close to my ear. I pushed his chest and he fell back.

“You're so full of shit.” I snapped. Billie Joe laughed and touched my leg gingerly.

“Could be, but do you really wanna find out?” He pointed out. The light from the lantern had cast a shadow in the room that whether I wanted to admit it or not, did creep me out.

“No.” I mumbled, not looking in his direction. He chuckled.

“That's what I thought.” He said while stubbing out his cigarette. There was another awkward silence.

“So, did you like the show?” He asked. I popped my knuckles nervously.

“I did until you were an asshole and humiliated me.” I muttered and out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw a frown on his face. He cleared his throat.

“Like I said, I get carried away sometimes. I'm sorry.” He said sincerely while offering me a smile.At that moment, he actually looked sweet and I hated it. I didn't want to find him sweet.

“I accept your apology, I guess.” I mumbled. He let out a sigh and looked around the room.

“Sure is coming down hard.” He commented on the rain. I nodded and popped my knuckles again.

“Are they ever going to finish?” I grumbled. Billie Joe laughed and scooted just a little closer.

“If it's been as long for her as it has him, I don't think we'll be leaving anytime soon.” He laughed.

“Great.” I groaned out loud.

“Oh wow, am I really that awful to be around?” Billie questioned. I blushed and was thankful for the darkness of the room, I hadn't meant to sound so displeased. I sighed.

“Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound so bad.” I admitted. He scoffed.

“Yes, you did. Look, I know I was a dick but will you please give me a fucking break?” He pleaded. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

“Can I have a cigarette?” I asked as politely as I could. He stared at me for a second before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a plastic baggy.

“I've got something better.” He said while pulling a joint out of the bag and grabbing my lighter.

“Weed?” I questioned. He nodded while lighting it and inhaling deeply before passing it to me. I took it willingly and put it to my lips. I was actually kinda thankful that he had this with him, considering the storm had me on edge.

“Thanks.” I said while exhaling and passing it back to him. The pot had put me in a more chill mood and I was slowly becoming less annoyed with him.

“Do you write all of your songs?” I asked while stretching out my legs across the couch. He nodded while leaning his head back.

“Wouldn't be any fun if all we did were covers.” He answered while passing the joint to me one last time. I inhaled deeply before looking over at him. There was a loud crack of lightening and thunder that shook the entire house which caused me to yelp involuntarily. He looked at me surprised.

“What? Afraid of a little storm, Minnesota Girl?” He teased. I glared at him.

“How do you expect me to give you a 'fucking break' when you say shit like that? And for the last fucking time my name is Sadie, not Minnesota Girl.” I berated. He snorted and leaned in close to my face.

“I like calling you Minnesota Girl, got a problem with that Sadie? He said while emphasizing my name.

“Actually, I do.” I growled. He smirked at me.

“Well, you're just going to have to get over it.” He taunted. I growled in response and moved as far away from him as the couch would allow. He let out a sigh and stretched his legs out next to mine.

“If all you're going to do is get bitchy again, I'm going to sleep.” He said while crossing his arms over his chest and laying his head against the arm of the couch. Eventually, I did the same and laid there for a while, trying to fall asleep. That damn ghost story he had told me kept replaying in my head, forbidding me to sleep. I shifted a little on the couch and my foot accidentally hit his thigh.

“My dick's a little higher, but good try.” He mumbled sleepily. My eyes widened.

“Fuck you.” I mumbled while turning my face towards the couch. He laughed quietly.

“Goodnight, Minnesota Girl.” He whispered. I started to argue back but finally just gave up and let myself drift to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies! I've decided to take a little break from "Parenthood" and try something new. I'm not abandoning "Parenthood" I just need a break because I want to give it my best and right now I feel that I need to spend some extra time on it. Let me know what you guys think of my new story! I'm really excited about it!

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo