Status: New Story! Updating Regularly

Minnesota Girl

Flower's in the Attic

The next morning I woke up to birds chirping, which was odd because I'm usually up before that. I lazily opened my eyes to quickly widen them at the sight of bright sunlight. My eyes shot over to my alarm clock that read a little past nine o'clock and my heart sank. I had to be at work in less than an hour. Fuck. I quickly threw my cover's off of me and raced to my closet to throw on whatever I happen to get my hands on. I could hear Sheena moaning in her room and I prayed to God, it was because of the hangover I could almost guarantee she would be having today. I quickly made myself presentable and stuffed a piece of toast in my mouth before walking down the street. I was fortunate enough to work at the bookstore just down the street from Sheena and mine's apartment, and normally I would take my time going down there, but today I sprinted down the street like an idiot.I made it just in time but apparently not soon enough because my jackass manager chewed me out the second I got in the door. This hadn't been the 'first' time I was late or close to it, the third actually so I knew I was on thin ice. The day started off slow as usual, but gradually picked up as the day went on. I was busy unpacking a box of novels when I heard the bell at the door. I looked up and you would have thought I'd seen a ghost. In one fell swoop, I was instantly brought back to the night before when I poured Bourbon on the head of the man standing in the doorway. Shit. I quickly turned towards the bookshelf behind me and prayed he hadn't seen me. For a while it was quiet and I stood there like a fool, pretending to put the same book on different shelves over and over again until I heard someone clear their throat behind me. My heart stopped and I just stood there motionless.

“Hey, uh, I'd like to buy this.” The voice I knew was Billie Joe said. For some reason my damn feet wouldn't move and I continued standing there. He let out a loud sigh.

“Hello? Are you deaf? I'd like to buy this.” He repeated while placing the book on the counter. I closed my eyes and sighed as I turned around. His eyes widened.

“What the hell are you doing here?” He asked, dumbfounded. I rolled my eyes.

“I work here, dumbass.” I mumbled while scanning his purchase. It wasn't until I read the title that I nearly pissed my pants. “Flower's in the Attic?” I giggled. “Isn't this a little advanced for your reading level?” I teased. He glared at me.

“It's not for me, it's for my mother.” He informed me. I snorted.

Great choice. You do know this book is like beyond creepy, right? Well, then again, she has lived with you.” I mumbled while placing it into a bag. He cut his eyes at me.

“Why can't you just be nice to me?” He questioned. My eyes widened.

“Be nice to you!?” I whispered harshly. “You called me a fucking whore last night!” I hissed. He narrowed his eyes.

You poured fucking Bourbon on my head!” He retorted. I snorted.

“You fucking deserved it for the things you said to me.” I snarled. He smirked as he leaned on the counter.

“Oh, that reminds me, for future reference are blowjobs free or extra?” He taunted. My eyes widened.

“Go fuck yourself!” I yelled just a little too loudly. Up until this point we had been bickering back and forth quietly, and I just ruined it. I watched in horror as the jackass himself, Mr. Johnson came barreling out of his office. The look on his face made me want to run and hide.

“Miss Keaton, just what were you saying to this customer?” He asked. I swallowed hard.

“Nothing, sir.” I answered. He glared at me and turned to Billie Joe.

“I'm sorry, Mr...” He trailed off.

“Armstrong.” Billie Joe answered.

“I'm sorry, Mr. Armstrong for my employ's behavior.” He stated while glaring at me again and looking at the counter.

“Please, accept your purchase for free, I'll take care of it.” He said while placing the bag in Billie Joe's hand. Billie Joe raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Wow, I mean, thanks.” He said with a smile. Mr. Johnson smiled and then turned to me.

“Miss Keaton, apologize to this man for your rude and unacceptable behavior today.” He ordered. I sighed quietly and turned to Billie Joe, who was enjoying every minute of my torture.

“I'm sorry sir for my unacceptable behavior today.” I forced out. Billie Joe grinned.

“Thank you, I accept your apology.” He answered with a slight smirk on his face. Mr. Johnson smoothed his suit jacket.

“I hope this incident won't deter you from future purchases with us.” He stated. Billie Joe scratched his head.

“No worries man, it's all good.” He said while turning to leave. He looked back at me once before opening the door and exiting. It wasn't until he walked out the door that I finally started breathing again. Mr. Johnson glared at me.

“Miss Keaton, will you please step into my office?” He asked while pointing to it. I nodded and sighed as I trudged towards my fate. I knew I'd probably be leaving here today without a job, all thanks to Mr. Billie Joe Armstrong. Perfect. Just fucking perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank YOU to all who commented and subscribed! Be sure to do the same for this one! It's a little short, but just know big things are coming! :)

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo