Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 13 - Dear God

Brian can’t believe he lost Michelle’s number. He wouldn’t dare ask it again from Matthew, afraid that both Valerie and him will intefere again. He fiddled around with his acoustic guitar, sitting on the edge of their bed in the massive hotel room. Matt, Jimmy and Johnny went down to the hotel’s bar, drinking. Zacky was watching the television at the lounging area. Tonight is their last night in Hong Kong. Tomorrow they will fly to Malaysia, for the next concert venue. And also the last venue of this tiring but fun tour.

He’d been playing that riff since their tour in Florida. He had no emotions over it at first, but now he played it with that girl in his mind. Never in a long time he would consider himself being the lover boy again. To fall in love again. To not be attracted to any other girls anymore. He smiled to the thought. That girl really invaded his mind.

He missed fighting with her, and have the sudden urge to kiss her senseless during their fight. He’d always feel that way towards her ever since he felt that electricity between them. He wondered did she ever thought of him that way. She was unpredictable, but easy to read at the same time.

“A lonely road…hmm hmm…state lines…” he casually sang while playing with the riff. He’d never write a complete song by himself before. There was always Matthew to help write the lyrics, and Zacky to help write the dual guitar arrangements.

“Dear God…the only thing I ask of you…is to hold her…when I’m not around…hmm..hmm…much too far away,”

Hell, he missed her a lot. Being on tour while attached to someone sucks! He definitely had no problem enjoying tour when he had nobody to come home to. But now, all he wanted to do was go back to Huntington Beach and kiss her until her brain explodes.

“Wow, you’re writing right now?”
Brian stopped abruptly when Zacky entered the room.
“Nah, just messing around.”
“It’s good, dude. Play it again.” Zacky grabbed himself another acoustic guitar and they played together.
“A lonely road..it’s just random lyrics..cold state line…hmm hmm…the ones I love…just messing, really. Hmm..hmmm..” he sang with just a few word choices in his mind because he wasn’t really great with words.
Remember how he first asked Michelle out? It was too cold, and he really didn’t know how to.
“Nice, nice. You throwin some solo?”
“Yeah, probably. Some shit like this;” he fiddled again, brought out a great solo and Zacky followed making dual sounds. They synched perfectly that if they were lovers, they’d be the most perfect couple ever.
“Yo, we gotta tell Matt. This is amazing.”
They stopped playing eventually. Brian rubbed his neck and chuckled. “You think?”
“I don’t think, I know.”
Brian smiled brightly. A song for Michelle, he thought.
“Wait. Syn why are you so fucking bright all of a sudden? Where’s the cold and cocky Syn I know?”
Brian’s smile died instantly.
“You fucking in love or something?” Zacky asked suspiciously.
Brian coughed unintentionally. But it made Zacky thought that his guess was right after all.
“You are! Right on! We’ve been busting our asses off to get you out of your own icy little world all along! Now that the ice is broken, who’s the girl?”
“There’s no one, dude. What are you even talking about?” Brian got up, placed his guitar on a guitar stand and stared at Zacky.
“You’re such a bad liar, Haner. It’s all over your fucking face, man.” Zacky started to laugh. Brian’s face was red. He was actually flushed at the thought of Michelle
“I wanna hug her. Who is she?”
Brian shook his head. “Not telling.” Then he walked off to the lounge area.
“Oh just fucking tell me already!”

*****************************************************************************************************

Michelle and Valerie finally arrived to their destination. They were standing in front of the Hilton Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The hotel where the boys were staying at. The concert’s tonight so they don’t have much time to spend with them.
“You’re excited?” Valerie asked. Michelle was anxious, but she didn’t let it show.
“No. You’re excited.” She can see it through Valerie’s ear to ear grinning. A month without touching Matthew must be painful for her. It’s painful for Michelle too. After one, or maybe two passionate kisses from Brian, he left her hanging and begging for more. She surely can understand why Valerie’s excited.
Valerie knocked on the door that says 2901 (suite).
Johnny opened it.
“Val!!” They crashed into a big hug after Johnny screamed. Soon all five of them rushed to the door, screaming and yelling. A few passers-by looked at them curiously and a bit irritated.
“MICHELLE!! My little angel!!” Jimmy ran towards Michelle right after Zacky let go of his embrace on her.
“Jimmy!! I missed you! You smelled like alcohol. Are you drunk?”
Jimmy tightened his hug and his hands started lowering to her bottom, until Brian cut him off by tearing him away.

“Hey, hey…enough grobing there dude. Yeah, he’s drunk.” He finally stood in front of Michelle, towering like he always did. They stared at each other for the longest time. Ignoring the others, who excitedly tell Valerie their tour stories each.
Their gazes locked, trying to find meanings behind all of this. They couldn’t express themselves right now, in front of the others. But how they wished to get lost in each other’s arms and lips. Holding back their feelings just so Matthew and Valerie won’t win. And just because of their silly little deal.
“How are you?” she asked, almost whispering.
“I’m fine. You?”
“Fine too.”
The tension between them rose up higher, until Michelle broke it and said;
“I’m gonna get us some beer downstairs. I saw a convenient store. You guys want anything?” she looked away from Brian but he didn’t.
“Nah, we’re good.” Said Matthew.

“I want me some cho-co-lat-eyy!” drunkenly Jimmy raised his hand. Made Michelle laughed a little.
“Ohkay. Be right back.” She started to move.
“I’ll go with you. You might get lost. You don’t know this place.” Brian cut her off suddenly and started to move too.
“Oh like you do? You live here all your life huh, Haner?”
“Guys…come on. No fighting.” Matthew called over from his couch with Valerie on his lap but both Brian and Michelle went out the door and slammed it behind them.
“What’s up with those two?” Zacky asked, curiously.
“They always end up fighting. It’s like the universe is against them or something.” Johnny replied.
“Ha-ha! You’re all fools!” Jimmy suddenly screamed at them then passed out on the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha well yeah. they came to malaysia long time ago, but during Nightmare album and it was Arin who played the drums. me, however didnt get the chance to go. i hope theyll come back! XD