Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 23 - Kissing Cam

He was here early. So he lit a cigarette to calm himself down. He didn’t remember the last time he went on a date. Probably when he was 19 or something, and when Avenged Sevenfold wasn’t a strong name back then. He then got real busy making music, he had no time to date. His last girl that got involved with him was Rose Hartley, a groupie. And they weren’t really dating.

When he met Tona the other day, he’d thought of doing this the old fashion way and he hoped to not fuck this up. He feared that this could turn into something like Brian and Michelle. Something so serious, but kept well hidden under their noses. He smiled thinking about how Brian did it. That fucker always has his way of doing things. Sometimes he envied him.

“A penny for your thoughts?”
Zacky snapped back to reality. Tona’s bright smile was now in front of him, making him smile too.
“Just a penny?” he started flirting.
“Well, how much exactly?”
Zacky’s mouth broke into a slow smile. His eyebrows raised.
“How bout a kiss?”
Tona’s lips parted slightly. Her face went red all of a sudden.
“Do you always kiss on first dates?”
He shrugged, moved closer to her. “Depends on who am I dating.”

He leaned in, she didn’t move. When he was about an inch to reach for her lips, Tona suddenly gave a peck to his cheek and ran away from him. She bursted out laughing but Zacky was in a leaning pose, stunned.

“Come on, Mr Kissy. Let’s start dating!”

Image

(i don't own this picture, i just imagine this is how Tona looks like)

Zacky couldn’t help but chuckled and smiled seeing her. She was so cute with her hair pulled back in a messy bun with fringe at the front. She was wearing a plaid jacket with loose grey shirt inside it, a pair of denim shorts and black leather boots. Anything will look good on her.

Zacky reached for her fingers and entwined his own in it. She looked a bit startled but Zacky smiled sweetly at her. She smiled back, giving permission for him to hold her hand.

“So what is your plan? She asked while they were walking towards Zacky’s silver Audi.
“Oh just the usual. Dinner at a restaurant, a movie and a walk home.”
Tona stopped walking and made him stopped too.
“I have something better. I hope you don’t mind.”
“Hey, I’m the one who took you out on a date, remember?” Zacky protested.
Tona scrunched up her nose that Zacky felt like kissing it.
“But your plan is boring. It’s too cliché.”
Zacky sighed. “Okay, what is your plan?”
She dug into her sling bag and brought out a couple of tickets.
“A baseball game. Your favorite team.”
Zacky’s eyes lit up. He quickly let go of her hand and grabbed those tickets.
“You got us tickets to see LA Angels?”
“Yes I did.”
Zacky pulled her into a hug without knowing. She easily got lost in his embrace.
“You rock, Tona. That’s why I date you.”
Tona felt her cheeks flushed.

They were now sitting in front-row seats of a baseball game and Zacky couldn’t be any happier. He practically had no time to watch these games live but now Tona granted his wish.

“How did you know?”

Tona looked up. Zacky’s voice was a little bit loud because he was fighting over the noise from crowd cheering. But his incredible green eyes was looking straight at her.

“I am a reporter. I researched about people I like.”
He smiled. She smiled back. His eyes refused to look away from hers. So did she.

Slowly, he really leaned in, kept glancing over her lips. Ignoring the fact that they were sitting in the middle of the crowd who were all standing from cheering at the team.

He raised his hand slowly to tuck away strands of her hair behind her ears. She felt hot on her cheeks. That hand eventually rested on her jaw. He pulled her closer and their lips touched, finally. Zacky sucked her lower lips softly, begging for access. She granted it right away and Zacky didn’t wait. He raised his other hand to the back of her neck and pulled her even closer, deepening the kiss. She tasted like strawberry and mint, he thought.

She swore she could hear the crowd’s applause right at the moment they kissed. But Zacky and her were too immersed to realized what really happened. When he finally pulled away from the kiss, they realized that the crowd was really clapping for them. He looked around and found that their faces, both on screen, in a Kissing-Cam frame.

“Oh my god, we’re on Kissing-Cam!” Tona shouted. Zacky felt a little bit embarassed, but Tona did something else. She pulled him into a kiss once again, but more like making out. And he was more than happy to accept it.

****************************************************************************************************
Valerie went in, hastily. She went straight to Wendy who was in the middle of entertaining a customer, looking for some keyboards for his kid.
“Hi, Wendy!”
Wendy turned. “Hi. If you’re looking for Michelle, she’s not here.”
“Uh, I know that.” Truth was, she didn’t. Valerie thought that maybe if she came to Michelle’s workplace, her sister would be there.
“Is there anything else?”
Valerie looked at her “Nothing. Just saying hi to you. Bye.”

She walked out of the store, slightly embarrassed. She ran out of ideas on where to find her twin sister right now. Eventhough they practically came out of the same womb, 7 minutes apart, but they didn’t really share the same thoughts and personality like some other twins.

Calling her was like trying to convince Matthew into going gay. It’s useless and she was the one ended up being tired. It’s been 48 hours since Michelle left home and she started to worry her ass off.

But when she was about to report her sister’s missing whereabouts to the police, her phone rang.
“Hello? Michelle?”
“Hey Val.”
“Oh my god! You’re trying to ditch me or something?”
“Wow, look who’s cranky.”
“Damn right I’m cranky. I haven’t slept for two days, Mich! Where the fuck are you?”
“I’m safe.”
“Safe, but where? I wanna see you! I missed you. I have so much to say to you. About us, about Brian! You know, he didn’t-”
“Val. Stop it.” Michelle cut her off before she could even say anything.
“No, you listen to me. He didn’t do-”
“Val! Fucking stop it or I’ll hang up the phone!”
Valerie couldn’t do anything. She wanted to tell her the truth but she refused to listen.
“Fine. I won’t talk about him. Where are you now?”
“I’m at my friend’s house. Just needed some space that’s all.”
“I see. And I can’t know where is that?”
Michelle sighed on the other end. “I’m fine. I’m at Glendale. Happy?”
“Glendale? You mean your old apartment? Oh wow, does Lea still lives there?”
“Yes she does. I called you today because I knew you would so something stupid like report my missing wherebout to the police.”

Valerie looked around her. She was in front of a police station. “Pfft. No such thing!”
“I knew you too well Val. Anyways, how are you? How’s Jimmy? I missed him.”
Valerie lips broke into a smile. That smile slowly turned into a grin.
“Jimmy’s good. All of them are alive and kicking. They are going on a Europe Tour next week. You don’t wanna come and say goodbye?”
Michelle didn’t answer.
“Brian’s a wreck though.”
“Val, I gotta go.”
Valerie sighed. She eventually gave up slipping information about Brian to her. But she gained a new information now.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)