Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 22 - Fix Yourself

Brian stood under the shower motionless. He just let the water ran through his naked body, hoping he could wash away everything that happened today. It was indeed a long day. What he feared the most happened in just mere hours. His mind kept rewinding to his past.

His first time trying acid and meth together, it flew him high. He thought he would never come back down again. Doing his time in prison with inmates who seemed more violent than him. Gone into rehab for a year, listening to people babbling about their pathetic life until it cleaned the shit out of him. He got out only to find his girlfriend at the time was gone. Left him clueless and lived by his friendship with the band.

Remembering that, Brian quickly scrubbed his body all over with shower gel. He felt dirty for having that feelings towards her.

The band helped him up, be with him all the fucking time. His heart on the other hand, was too late to be fixed. It was shut in its own cage and froze to death. He tried going back to his drug use again, but something happened that he could not forgive himself until now. He simply just stopped taking drugs and really burned his drug stuff away because of it.

What really happened though?

He heard the doorbell rang. The water stopped running after he shut it off. Wrapping himself in a towel, he answered the door.

“Can’t believe you still live here.” Maya, now stood in front of him. Raised one of her eyebrow and was eyeing him all over his half naked body. Brian’s rage suddenly rose. Up to the point where he wanted to really hit her.

But his action was stopped by the presence of Matt’s Mercedes Sport that suddenly went into his driveway. Only Valerie came out of it, started panicking. She didn’t realize that Maya, the bitch that she wanted to kick in the nuts, was there too.

“Syn! We couldn’t find her! She’s not home! I tried calling but-” Valerie looked to her side. She frowned and froze at the sight of Maya. Maya smirked, like she owned all the things in the world.
“Who is this? Why are you half-naked?”

Brian closed his eyes. Trying to control his anger. Valerie’s nagging made it worst.

“I’m Maya.” Maya casually introduced herself. But then she frowned. This angry looking girl looked a lot like Brian’s girlfriend that she met earlier.

Valerie’s eyes were practically bulging in horror. Matthew, being his nosy self, interfered.

“What the fuck is she doing here, Syn? Explain yourself!”

Brian was done explaining himself. He got tired of it. He just needed some sleep right now. Today is by far the longest day he’d ever had. It was almost to 2 AM.

“I don’t wanna know.” Brian simply replied and turned around to get into his house. But Maya grabbed his arms and made him stunned.

“Syn, Brian. Hear me out first. I don’t want to let you go. Not again! Please, Syn I beg you. Don’t leave me alone in that dark world! Save me, Syn!”

Brian frowned. But his back facing her. What in the hell was she talking about? Dark world? Save her? From what?

But when Brian turned around again to face her, he couldn’t believe what he saw.

“YOU - SON OF A BITCH!”

DUSHH!! A punch knocked hard across Maya’s gorgeous face. And it was from Valerie. Maya stumbled on the floor, down at Brian’s feet, bleeding from her nose. Brian’s jaw dropped and his eyes bulged watching Valerie struggled from Matthew who restrained her from making any more violent moves.

“I SWEAR TO GOD, SYN! IF YOU EVER LEAVE MY SISTER FOR THIS BITCH, I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU! I’LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND - ”

Matthew cupped Valerie’s mouth with his idle hand because she was shouting. He lifted her off her feet easily, based on how strong he really was. Valerie was kicking and struggling to get away.

“Brian, just remember what happened last time. Don’t make the same mistake twice.” He gave his final piece of advice and drove away from there with Valerie.

Brian, still in a shock state because Valerie went insane in front of his eyes, slowly looked down to his feet. There were still pieces of humanity in him, and he felt a bit relieved because Valerie punched Maya earlier and it made him want to say ‘fuck yeah!’ so he helped her get up.

Maya’s nose was really bleeding. Brian on the other hand was actually laughing. His anger, gone.

He went back into the house, looking for his first aid kit. After he’d found it he threw it in front of her.

“Fix yourself. I’m gonna go get dressed.”

Then he left her alone in the living room, wondering about what she said earlier. What did she mean by ‘dark world’ and ‘save me’? When he finally dressed, he went downstairs and found Maya was standing, staring at his own wall of fame. He hung pictures of the band meeting famous people, especially him meeting Kirk Hammet, meeting Slash and so on.

“What are you still doing here?”
Maya turned. Her nose now was fixed only by a band-aid.
“I can only find band-aids in there. You need to refill-”
“Fucking state your business or get the hell out of here.” He said in his usual cold tone.

Maya swallowed her own saliva.

“I’m sorry for earlier. I can’t help myself. I got greedy.”
Brian frowned. He suddenly remembered Michelle and how broken hearted she looked. He ran his fingers through his hair.
“But please Syn, give me a second chance. I swear I’m going to make it right!”
“What gave you the fucking idea that I want to get back with you?”
Maya shrugged. “Well, I took one look at her and I know, she’s not your type. You’re might as well be leaving her sooner or later.”
“My type? And what is exactly, ‘my type’? Huh? Like you?” Brian walked over to her angrily and made her backed away slowly.
“Yeah. Like me! You always said that you prefer girls like me.”
“You mean a junkie?”

Maya pursed her lips. It’s true, she is a junkie.

“And what’s with this, dark world and save me bullshit you yelled about earlier? It hurts my fucking ear to even listen to it.”
Maya grabbed his arm, making him stopped walking. Her too, stopped backing away.

“Syn, people now pay me for sex. I got involved into it since Lars. He kept giving me money and I did my job to satisfy him. I don’t want to do this anymore Syn. Save me please!”

Brian pulled his arm away roughly.
“You whore around and ask me to help you?”
“Help me get out of this! Only being with you can save me, Syn.”
“Wrong! I can’t help you! No one can! You are the only person who can help yourself! Now get the fuck out of my life or I’ll really kill you! I’ll finish off what Valerie started.” He shouted, but not too loud because it will wake the neighbors up.

Maya was taken aback. But when she tried to persuade him again, Brian threatened to call the police. She then slowly let herself out of there.

Brian sat down on the couch, sighing heavily. His hands buried in his own messy after-shower hair and he finally dropped back onto the couch. Funnily, how much tired he felt, he couldn't sleep that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)