Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 25 - I May Be Stupid

Both of them stood there for a while, drinking each other in.

Brian looked normal; there were no signs of rock star in him at all, except for the fact that there are tattoos spreading on his arms. But he had no spiky hairdo today, instead he wore a black skull beanie on his head, no eyeliner, no aviators or fancy chain-necklace hanging sexily from his neck. He just looked normal to Michelle.

Michelle looked beautiful as always, Brian thought. How can Maya saw her like this and still called her ugly? This girl could stop his heart at anytime including right now.

“How are you?” Brian broke the silence after it had become about 2 minutes of staring.
“I’m fine.” She couldn’t find her voice right now. It came out husky, as if she was holding back tears.
“I’m sorry.” He looked down to his empty cart. Michelle smiled bitterly.
“That’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. I wasn’t supposed to stand here in the middle of-”
“Michelle. I’m really sorry for what happened.” Brian cut her off.

She stopped talking and swallowed her words. She wanted more than anything to get lost in his embrace. But images of him making out with that girl who looked a lot like him kept haunting her. That girl, that bitch, was eating his face with her eyes popped open, looking at Michelle. Her eyes piercing, just like Brian.

“It’s been done. Goodbye, Brian.” She turned around and walked away from him.

He wanted to chase her, but he was stuck there, standing. Still wondering where the hell was pet food aisle? He closed his eyes for a moment, shut down his own ego and finally brought his feet up to run towards her.

“Michelle! Wait!” he grabbed her arms and brought himself in front of her. They were now standing in the middle of an aisle. It was a baby formula aisle.

“Please listen to me, just once. If you still don’t want to be with me, I’ll let you go.”

Michelle could feel hot fluid gathered behind her eyes. She thought about Leana, and her bigger problem. So she decided to listen to what Brian had to say.

When Brian saw Michelle didn’t say anything, and just stood there, he let go of her arms and started explaining himself.

“The girl you saw, was actually my ex girlfriend. I was about to introduce you to her, but she suddenly pulled me and - you saw what happened. I swear to God, Michelle. I don’t have anything to do with her! She just used me, it all happened in just a blink of an eye. I couldn’t-”

He stopped talking when he saw Michelle stared at him, frowning.

“Say something.”
Michelle closed her eyes. “Why would you want to introduce your ex girlfriend...to me?”
Brian raised his eyebrow. He couldn’t find any lame excuses for this. He really didn’t know why he did that. For revenge? For old time sake?

“How could you be so stupid, Brian? What were you thinking?”
Wow, no wonder Valerie and Michelle are twins, he thought. When he seemed lost with words, like he usually did, Michelle moved forward to leave him again.

“I may be stupid, but I’m in love with you!” Brian shouted from afar.

Michelle stunned in her steps. She just stood there, froze. She had been waiting for him to say those words. Her warm tears started flooding and slowly ran down her cheeks. But she still had her back facing him.

She tried to resist the urge to turn around and kiss him right there. But before she knew it, Brian stood in front of her again, towering over her, with his lean and built body so near and always made her fell in love with it.

“You hear me, Michelle? I love you. I fucking do.” He said in a low voice, but she could hear him loud and clear.

She looked up to his soft brown eyes. Her tears were unstoppable. Brian’s heart dropped when he saw Michelle was crying. Slowly and bravely he raised his hands to wipe the tears off her cheeks. She closed her eyes at his touch. He missed touching her face so much.

“Don’t run away from me again.” He whispered.

Michelle couldn’t bear it any longer. She broke into tears, slammed her face onto his chest and hugged him tightly. Brian locked his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. He inhaled her shampoo scent deeply and thanked God.

They stayed in that position for a while. There was only silence between them. But Michelle felt comfortable and right at home.

“You wouldn’t believe what your sister did to that bitch.” Brian broke the silence again, muttering into her hair. Michelle slowly pulled back from her embrace and looked up to him. But her hands still circled around his toned waist.

“What?”
“Your sister knows karate.” Then he laughed. Amused at his own joke.
“She beat her?”
Brian shook his head, while slowly pushed some strands of her hair on her forehead to the back, and wiped off traces of her tears.
“She punched her in the nose.” His index finger landed on her own nose and softly stroked them, until it found ways on to her lips.

He glanced at her eyes, looking for permission. She softened her gaze, and he took it as green light. He slowly leaned in, holding his breath as he did. His left hand on the small of her back, pulling her closer. Closer. Almost.

“Oh great, you’ve found each other!”
Both Michelle and Brian stopped midway and slowly turned to the voice. Jimmy was standing behind them, with a Maltese in his arms and smiling brightly.

Michelle let go of Brian and ran into Jimmy’s arms, happily. Brian on the other hand cursed at him under his breath.

“JIMMY!!” She pulled him into a hug, while the dog got stuck in the middle.
“Oh, hey hey, Michelle! There’s an animal in here. As much as I am happy to see you, we don’t want any animal cruelty to happen here..”
“Oh, sorry. Oh my God it’s so cute!!! What is it?” Michelle excitedly jumped in front of the dog, and Brian approached her.
“She’s a Maltese. Her name’s Pinkly.”
Michelle glanced at Brian. “She’s yours?”
“Actually, she’s yours. But I kind of liked her a lot so, maybe we can...share?”
Michelle fell in love with him even more. “Aw, you bought me a dog?”
Brian’s face flushed suddenly. “Well, actually I bought us a dog.”

Michelle grinned widely at him and bit her lip, but paid her attention more to the dog rather than him. Brian glared at Jimmy.

Look what you’ve done now! I was THIS CLOSE to kiss her, you asshole! He cursed Jimmy in his mind.

“Hey...Michelle. Been looking all over for you.” All three of them, four including Pinkly looked up to the voice. Leana smiled brightly, with Zoey in her arms, sleeping.

Jimmy on the other hand stunned and jaw dropped. Just like Matthew saw an angel through Valerie, he saw it through this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)